yobit.net eobot.com digifinex
  • Thank you for visiting DiscoverXS your pheromone research community.
    If this is your first visit please register so you can join the community: click the Sign Up link above to proceed.
    To start viewing messages, please login and select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD IN POSts

Collapse

Turning APi oil into spray?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning APi oil into spray?

I was searching the forum but could not find any useful information about this topic. Or did I just not see this info?

Has anyone ever tried turning APi oil into spray and if so would this someone mind sharing his/her experience with the spray?

I am wondering why APi only exists as oil and not as a spray. Would it hit too hard if it would come as a spray?

I mean would it be worth turning APi into spray?
    Is it even possible at all turning it into a spray? Wouldn't SteveO already have done it if it would be possible?

Or would that just be a waste of money, mones and time and I am on the absolute wrong path here?

I'm sure such a important question must have been discussed here.

Help please, I need enlightenment!!

Sprays burnoff at a rate that would morph the signature as some would last longer than others. I'd imagine this blend needs to be an oil to burn off correctly.

I wouldn't try and make it a spray, he'd offer one if it worked well no?

Comment

Why do you want it as a spray? Post count aside
      Flirt,Bliss,Ascend,Cohesion,Odyssey,Vibe,Thinker,C onnections,Evolve,
      Xist,APi,XS132/130,SummerD,A1,P74/86,Celebrity,Engage,Taboo,LoveBoat,Neno,Xs193/194,Limitless
      A314Ammo,IS,IJ,IH,IO,CTTM2,TUTH,TAC,TAF,P83/75/130,MX297/353WolfGlace
      ​

Comment

Originally posted by Devin1Neil View Post
        Sprays burnoff at a rate that would morph the signature as some would last longer than others. I'd imagine this blend needs to be an oil to burn off correctly.
        Sprays always hit different to an oil, I know that. I of course can't turn the oil into a spray purely based on alcohol, it would rather be like a LPMP spray a 60/40 or 50/50 alcohol/oil ratio. I turned 2 LPMP Pherotines into a spray, just for fun to see if it works, and it worked

Originally posted by Devin1Neil View Post
        ...he'd offer one if it worked well no?
        This is the $1 Million question!

Comment

Originally posted by Suaviter in modo View Post
          Why do you want it as a spray? Post count aside
          Post count aside
          I'm seriously interested in the answer.
          As far as I've read the oil hits only in very close proximity and I would like it to hit from a farther distance and sooner. I am talking about 2 meters or a bit more if possible.

Comment

Steve did offer API as a spray, not sure why he doesn't offer it anymore, maybe it wasn't very popular at the time. The forum was much quieter then.

Comment

Mathmatically speaking.

1 10ml bottle oil poured onto a 30ml bottle and topped with perfumer's alcohol (1 third pheromones to 2 thirds perfumer's alcohol).
              Same dose, same strength. 1 spray from 30ml is equal to 1 drop from 10ml oil.

This ratio is only for 10ml/30ml as generally there are 200 standard drops in 10mls and 200 standard sprays in a 30ml spray bottle. Ymmv.

This is how I've always done it.

It WILL behave differently INITIALLY. Hit faster, farther, burn off more quickly - perhaps seem less "natural" because of that initial POW. But it is still the same pheromone and will still be APi.

I haven't made APi into a spray because I prefer the oil, but if I ever wanted a spray, this is how I'd make it
              You're never too old to learn NuTrix ^_~

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST View Post
                Steve did offer API as a spray, not sure why he doesn't offer it anymore, maybe it wasn't very popular at the time. The forum was much quieter then.
                Thanks Ghost, I was hoping for such an information. I didn't know Steve already offered APi as a spray in the past.
                Perhaps you are right and it was not popular (because it hit too hard??).
                Hmm...I would like to hear Steve's opinion on this

Comment

Originally posted by NuTrix View Post
                  1 10ml bottle oil poured onto a 30ml bottle and topped with perfumer's alcohol (1 third pheromones to 2 thirds perfumer's alcohol).
                  Same dose, same strength. 1 spray from 30ml is equal to 1 drop from 10ml oil.

This ratio is only for 10ml/30ml as generally there are 200 standard drops in 10mls and 200 standard sprays in a 30ml spray bottle. Ymmv.

This is how I've always done it.
                  Hello NuTrix
                  Your are right with the ratio (drops to sprays) but using 2/3 of alcohol would probably cause the mones to diffuse to fast I'm afraid.

My theory is that this ratio really could hit much too hard, some sort of sledgehammer like.
                  I think using 50% alcohol to start with and using daps instead of sprays would be more "natural". And it will hopefully not burn off so fast.
                  If the mix works at the 50/50 ratio it could be filled into togo spray bottles because they are just half a spray from a 30ml bottle if I'm not mistaken.

Some testing needs to be done first anyway to find out the best ratio.

Comment

Yep.
                    You would just have to do the math for 50/50, then figure out the amount your particular atomizer sprays and calculate your dosing.
                    I am too lazy for all of that though
                    You would still be slowing diffusion at the 30% oil to 70% pa.
                    I think you might be pleasantly surprised

Comment

I think I would be tempted to dilute it even more than Nutrix. The last time I worked up numbers the oils were 6 and 7 times as concentrated as the sprays.

Steves sprays are anywhere from 5 to 15 mg per 10 ml spray. Most are around 10 so my first experiment would be to get 10mg of pheromone into a 10 ml sprayer. 10 mg would be 1/6 of 60 mg. The 60 mg is API total content in a 10 ml. 1/6 of ten ml is 1.7 ml. put in about 1/2 ml of Dispersion tech and about 7.5 alcohol. 1.7 ml api, .5 ml DT, 7.8 ml C2H60>

That would be my theory crafting start. NuTrix may have practical experience though and on this stuff experience trumps theory.

Comment

Comment

I wouldn't dilute it more or less.

It will not change APi. Like I said, it may hit faster, farther and burn off more quickly.
                          By initial POW, I mean head turn, notice you right away rather than a gradual, hey, this person is interesting notice you.

APi will still be APi.

Phero cloud is phero cloud, oil or spray.

Xist is still awesome in oil and spray, so is Fantasy, Love Boat..you get the idea.

I don't think more DT would be necessary. APi is a blend and already contains it. The only thing you are doing by adding PA is giving the oil a lift. DT is specifically XS magic to evenly disperse the molecules cohesively where adding the PA is giving you another dimension of dispersion - speed and distance, not changing how the formula behaves.
                          Follow?

Comment

Originally posted by NuTrix View Post
                            Yep.
                            You would just have to do the math for 50/50, then figure out the amount your particular atomizer sprays and calculate your dosing.
                            I am too lazy for all of that though
                            You would still be slowing diffusion at the 30% oil to 70% pa.
                            I think you might be pleasantly surprised
                            I will probably make two batches. One with the 50/50 ratio and see how it works and if it becomes some sort of sledgehammer I will use a bit more alcohol like 60/40 or even your suggested 70/30 alcohol/mone ratio.
                            I count on being pleasantly surprised

Comment

• NuTrix
                              NuTrix commented
                              Editing a comment

Originally posted by Muestereate View Post
                            I think I would be tempted to dilute it even more than Nutrix. The last time I worked up numbers the oils were 6 and 7 times as concentrated as the sprays.
                            If I'm not mistaken the APi oil strength is x2 comparing oil to spray per use.

...put in about 1/2 ml of Dispersion tech...
                            I just had a quick look in the EU-shop and DT is not on stock. I need to wait till EU-shop is restocked, next month hopefully.
                            I'll try it without first I think, I will use one of my fragrance concentrated anyway and that helps a lot with projection

Comment

How did you arrive at the 2 to 1? We don't have a spray spec sheet to compare it too. The price is 2 to 1 but if you look at phero content the ratios are much higher. I did notice that Ascend, Evolve and cohesion have a lot more phero content than api. we have no number for sob but they are supposed to be very high. Like thos mentioned are 300 and 400 Mcg per spray.

Now if you go into intimates and flirts instead of sexuals the amount of pheromones per bottle and per spray are much less.

My numbers were based on just trying to get the same dose in a single spray as someone would get from a single drop "independent of spray or drop or spray size". Because of that wide variability, I worked in Ml's instead of drops or sprays per bottle. Drop size can vary too much with viscosity for it to be reliable chemistry. Because the viscosities are variable I suspect the specific gravities would be different too though the range of XS oils is pretty consistent. calculating oil weights instead of volumes seems overcomplicated for our uses. It would make sense if we were trying to derive numbers across various manufacturers that are using different carriers.

did someone flag my post btw? I can't see it. What did I do now, Who did I offend

Comment

Is post 11 missing for others as well as me?

Comment

Is post 11 missing for others as well as me?
                                  I can see post # 11, it's here with all the rest for me...

Comment

• Muestereate
                                    Muestereate commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    maybe I flagged it myself ???? don't know how that works.

How did you arrive at the 2 to 1? We don't have a spray spec sheet to compare it too. The price is 2 to 1 but if you look at phero content the ratios are much higher.
                                  You are right I mixed up some Information. I have not had any coffee yet
                                  Not a good idea to start the day without a decent mug of coffee
                                  One drop APi contains 199.91 mcg pheromones that means I get 300 drops out of a 10ml bottle if the total amount of mones is 59,97mg per bottle. Right??
                                  I will take 150 drops of APi and mix it with 130 drops pa and 1ml/20 drops of my Aventus fragrance concentrate for a decent projection and let it age for a couple of weeks.

In the meantime I will give the APi oil a test run for about 4 weeks and use the spray afterwards for a couple of weeks to compare the spray to the oil.

calculating oil weights instead of volumes seems overcomplicated for our uses.
                                  That does not only apply for the Oil. For instance 100.0875 g Ethanol = 127.5 ml, 121 ml Ethanol = 99.985 g
                                  That's why I rather count the drops into such a tiny measuring cup to see if the drops/ml ratio fits somehow or if something needs to be adjusted

Comment

• Muestereate
                                    Muestereate commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Oh its Quite a jumble of info to sort through. I was half asleep when I ran myy own numbers too

• Muestereate
                                    Muestereate commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    so you are cutting it to 50 % so 100 per drop or since its now a spray 30mg/80sprays or about 375 a spray. 1 spray will equal 2 drops worth of pheros ? Sounds ok.

Oh by the way, I can see post #11 as well. No issues at all.

Comment

Ad down

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X