yobit.net eobot.com digifinex
  • Thank you for visiting DiscoverXS your pheromone research community.
    If this is your first visit please register so you can join the community: click the Sign Up link above to proceed.
    To start viewing messages, please login and select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD IN POSts

Collapse

Turning APi oil into spray?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phaethon View Post
    That's why I like to mix APi oil with Aventus but you can purchase ISO E Super from Cinislabs if you need some. I have the ISO in oil but in mixes where I use eau de perfume I don't need to add ISO E Super because their projection already is excellent.

The ideal ratio is 60% eau de perfume (or my base mix) to 40% APi oil. If you go above the 40% on oil you wont have a spray mist, it will rather be some sort of spitting. That has to do with the spray nozzles.

I wore my newest test mix yesterday which is 60% Tom Ford - Oud Wood to 40% APi oil. This one is a projection breast, got hits within 60 seconds. Love this as a perfect Fall/Winter scent.
    I SO want to do this, but APi is so perfect as oil.

Maybe 1ml....

What fragrance...? Baccarat Rouge 540 parfum or the Extrait....
    You're never too old to learn NuTrix ^_~

Comment

Originally posted by NuTrix View Post

I SO want to do this, but APi is so perfect as oil.

Maybe 1ml....

What fragrance...? Baccarat Rouge 540 parfum or the Extrait....
      That's why I wear a combination of both, spray and oil.
      1 drop oil each side of my neck and 3 or 4 sprays of the spray (in total) applied after dry down on same application points

Comment

That's why I wear a combination of both, spray and oil.
        1 drop oil each side of my neck and 3 or 4 sprays of the spray (in total) applied after dry down on same application points

You're right!
        Why choose?

You're never too old to learn NuTrix ^_~

Comment

I'd like to try APi with IsoE Super and CKOne.
          CKOne has like 40% Hedione in its fragrance portion. If im remembering incorrectly its either close to that or a very high concentration.
          I think IsoESupers Woody...nostalgic type feel and CKOnes Hedione could be pretty awesome.

Something like 25% APi + 15% IsoESuper Oil Concentrate + 60% CKOne Cologne.

So I would literally go buy the CKOne Cologne from the store and just do the math on 60/40 split?

Comment

ha
            That's why I like to mix APi oil with Aventus but you can purchase ISO E Super from Cinislabs if you need some. I have the ISO in oil but in mixes where I use eau de perfume I don't need to add ISO E Super because their projection already is excellent.

The ideal ratio is 60% eau de perfume (or my base mix) to 40% APi oil. If you go above the 40% on oil you wont have a spray mist, it will rather be some sort of spitting. That has to do with the spray nozzles.

I wore my newest test mix yesterday which is 60% Tom Ford - Oud Wood to 40% APi oil. This one is a projection breast, got hits within 60 seconds. Love this as a perfect Fall/Winter scent.
            Thanks for the Cinislabs referral, pretty dope stuff. Good prices and even a Molecule01 alternative.

Comment

OK, I am sold on the Aventus API mix. Will be trying, and of course will leave my results here as well.

Phaethon I am assuming your togo bottle is plastic? I really don't like the idea of putting real Aventus in plastic. I feel like it could effect the smell... but I have 20 empty and never used plastic sample bottles... so I might give it a try.
              XIST s(+ aventus o), cohesion s, exotica s, barely legal s, taboo s, ascend spray, SOB o, Limitless s, Thinker s. Innocence s, API, Flirt, P96, TLG, alpha maschio, the hookup (vanilla), BW (scent), swoon, NA, A1, Cops,

Tom Ford tobacco vanille, oud wood, Prada Luna Rossa Carbon, Chanel bleu, allure Homme sport (+extreme), Blanche &gino Gino Storia, Versace oud noir, Eros, creed aventus, Bvlgari Man in Black , Wood Essence, D&G the one, light blue, 1million, YSLArmani Acqua Di Gio, code, emporio, clinique happy. Spice Bomb original, extreme, night vision. Jo Malone WoodSage&SeaSalt, Dior Homme Sport Burberry Sport, Mont Blanc Legend, Legend Spirit. Al Haramain Neroli Canvas. Guerlain Heritage

Comment

Originally posted by RelateSite View Post
                I am assuming your togo bottle is plastic?
                Yes

I really don't like the idea of putting real Aventus in plastic. I feel like it could effect the smell...
                Don't worry about that, nothing will happen to the precious Aventus.

Comment

Don't worry about that, nothing will happen to the precious Aventus.

Awesome. Although I think I am going to try with Dior Sauvage or Prada Luna Rossa Carbon (prada is the all time highest ranker among around 20 Japanese girls I have asked to rate my perfumes. Some love aventus, but some hate it, and ALL prefer prada so far). I just feel like Savage is going to have better sillage / projection when mixed with mones, and it smells similar to prada.
                  XIST s(+ aventus o), cohesion s, exotica s, barely legal s, taboo s, ascend spray, SOB o, Limitless s, Thinker s. Innocence s, API, Flirt, P96, TLG, alpha maschio, the hookup (vanilla), BW (scent), swoon, NA, A1, Cops,

Tom Ford tobacco vanille, oud wood, Prada Luna Rossa Carbon, Chanel bleu, allure Homme sport (+extreme), Blanche &gino Gino Storia, Versace oud noir, Eros, creed aventus, Bvlgari Man in Black , Wood Essence, D&G the one, light blue, 1million, YSLArmani Acqua Di Gio, code, emporio, clinique happy. Spice Bomb original, extreme, night vision. Jo Malone WoodSage&SeaSalt, Dior Homme Sport Burberry Sport, Mont Blanc Legend, Legend Spirit. Al Haramain Neroli Canvas. Guerlain Heritage

Comment

• Silvia
                    Silvia commented
                    Editing a comment
                    i vote for Dior Sauvage.I loooooooooove how this parfume smells on men!

• Muestereate
                    Muestereate commented
                    Editing a comment
                    How do you like the Haramain neroli canvas? How do the girls like it?

bwahahaha. the mad science begins for me. I used carbon. way cheaper in Japan, and more loved... so... I shake it every day a few times?... keep in fridge? very afraid of evaporation.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Silvia View Post
                    i vote for Dior Sauvage.I loooooooooove how this parfume smells on men!
                    Went for prada, BUT, I used Sauvage for the cops, because well... it will definitely do a better job covering the cops.

Now I have Api with Carbon, A1 with cool water (just seemed right for some reason), and Cops with Sauvage. I just got Sauvage, so I need to test it against Luna Rossa Carbon here in Japan.

but damn... I can get Prada for $35 and the cheapest I can get Sauvage is $80 (unless I go for the 10ml bottle which is even more overpriced).

I too prefer the Sauvage at this point. But Japanese girls don't like scents that have good projection (I know, right). Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-05-07 16.35.32.png
Views:	146
Size:	796.8 KB
ID:	130481

Comment

Originally posted by Muestereate View Post
                      How do you like the Haramain neroli canvas? How do the girls like it?

Oh, this one is a hard one for me.

I personally don't really like it. It has grown on me. I want to love it since in Japan I had to pay $100 for it even though it can be had for $60 in the USA from discounters or Ebay.

I blind bought it because the HOTTEST girl I know in Japan said Tom Ford Neroli Portofino was her favorite scent on a man.

I read how citrusy it was, and I was super excited to have this orange/grapefruit fresh scent...

My first impression: Cool Water.

Comparing them, they are different, but it is the impression I got. Smells like soap.

I am OK with soap. Sounds good for a fresh summer scent I thought.

So far, not a single girl has told me they like it. (except the hottie with the body I mentioned above)

I either get: That is a woman's perfume right?

OR I get, "smells too feminine for you"

And when I had my whole collection and was having 5 girls compare everything... I got:

It smells like cotton candy.

And OMG at that time it really did. Maybe it was after smelling the other scents that made it smell that way... but suddenly it was sweet instead of fresh.

I just got curious and pulled it out of my closet.

I figured it out!!

It smells like cotton candy from the atomizer, but when sprayed, it is still fresh soap. I don't think I sprayed this one when the girls were comparing my fragrances, so I did not get a good comparison that day. Will try again at a later date.

However other days I pitted it heads up against multiple other fragrances. I was trying to pit it against other summer fragrances.

It lost to: mont blanc legend spirit, it lost to chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche, everything keeps losing to Prada Luna Rossa Carbon. Can't wait to test against Sauvage.

I did have Versace Eros Beat Carbon when I took them both to my #2's place. She liked Eros so much that I bought the shower gel to use when at her place.

So... Back to Al Haramain:

I still want to test it more. It has grown on me, and I now prefer it to cool water, which I still find to be the most similar scent I own.

I take that back, I just sprayed cool water on my other inside of elbow. Cool water smells much more manly. Neroli Canvas smells like a bar of soap to me. Cool water is like soap and man... soap and musk? Cool water is more watery soap with man, Neroli Canvas is a bar of soap without water or man. it is creamy, soft, cloudy. I feel like I am making a carving out of a bar of soap. Or a bar of soap at grandmas house, or in a hotel, wrapped up in fancy paper.

Cool water, I feel like I am using a bar of soap in the shower, with a touch of some kind of musky shower gel.

Hope that kind of helps? I would say maybe try the super affordable 4711 and see if you like the scent, because everyone says they smell the same. (Tom Ford Neroli Portofino and Neroli Canvas alike)

If you love it and want to pay for better longevity, then maybe Neroli Canvas is for you. It supposedly has the best performance of them all, and it is not bad, although it still becomes a skin scent faster than others.

sorry for the long read!

Comment

• Muestereate
                        Muestereate commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I think I am going to make a post about Al Haramain in another section. consider a c&p. Notice the complexities of trying to explain it? I am running into the same thing with mine.

I ended up going even more mad scientist and ended up with NA+Sauvage, A1+Sauvage, and the three I mentioned before. I now have 2 A1 scents. I really look forward to The end of Corona when I can test this stuff better. For now I have my housemates (all 300 of them, so still a decent testing ground). Can't wait until they finish mixing together and I can test these new sprays. Sprays I made following in the footsteps of Phaethon
                      thank you for helping me find this possibility!

Comment

I shake it every day a few times?... keep in fridge? very afraid of evaporation.
                        Shake it once or twice a day. No need to keep it in the fridge but a cool place is preferable.
                        It won't evaporate but now comes the hardest part, you need to let the blend age for about 3 to 4 weeks

That's what a community is for

Cheers mate, have fun with your blends

Comment

you need to let the blend age for about 3 to 4 weeks

Thank goodness I have this forum so I can come back and check how long it has been!

Comment

I am running into the same thing with mine.

Ah, If only I knew you already had it. lol.

Comment

• Muestereate
                              Muestereate commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I don't have the neroli, I have knight, blanche and amber oud gold

• RelateSite
                              RelateSite commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I see! Do you recommend any of those? I have amber oud (not gold) in limbo coming from india.

• Muestereate
                              Muestereate commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Despite your excellent reports. I can't get a handle on the Japanese Nose. I like them all BECAUSE they are so complex and changeable. testing with others is minimal.

I can't get a handle on the Japanese Nose
                            Well. In Japan... to stand out is a bad thing. So if you have a scent that really stands out... it is also a bad thing. Perfumes are not allowed in any work place I have seen in Japan. Women opt for nice smelling shampoo, and body soap, and many wish the guys would too, so there is actually a shampoo company here that is capitalizing on "use our shampoo and get girls"

Japanese girls do not like anything sweet. No tabacco vanille, no spice bomb (which I finally just got the 90ml of cause I love it), I finally tested Sauvage yesterday and got a resounding "NO" -they all love Prada Lunna Rossa Carbon (I am mostly testing girls in their 20s),

(sidenote: all the foreigners liked Sauvage better than Prada, including me)

For the 35 year old I date, she liked Prada over Aventus, but then she liked Blue de Chanel over Prada, and finally, she liked Versace Eros the most.
                            Her words were: Yes, Eros smells like a player... but doesn't that mean he is a guy that has enough value for girls to want him?
                            Followed up by... If I am going to date a guy, I want it to be an attractive guy... that other girls want too.

Japanese girls on youtube and on website rankings, have recommended multiple women's perfumes to be used by men. I bought them all and in all my tests the girls say NO WAY.

Some of them say: this would probably smell good on a Japanese guy, but not on YOU.

They are basically saying that Japanese guys are most attractive when they look and smell clean, but foreign guys, should maybe be a little bit more wild. But wild does not mean Sweet. I think they like a neroli on a Japanese guy, and a Prada/Blue fragrance, or maybe a bit spicey but NOT sweet fragrance on a foreigner.

The reason prada beat sauvage was two fold:
                            1. Sauvage was too sweet.
                            2. Prada smells similar with less sweetness and some added spice (could be the metal/dirt scents that they added to prada).

Comment

No Haramain amber oud gold then. it is turns sweet. Their is some spice in it cinnamon that comes and goes but under it is a purplish fruit that gets sweeter as the day goes on. at the end of the day it is almost like chocolate to my nose. It does not have enough citrus in it for me but there are a few hours where the fruits change to brighter colored fruits but they still have a hint of sweetness rather than tartness.

Comment

No Haramain amber oud gold then. it is turns sweet. Their is some spice in it cinnamon that comes and goes but under it is a purplish fruit that gets sweeter as the day goes on. at the end of the day it is almost like chocolate to my nose. It does not have enough citrus in it for me but there are a few hours where the fruits change to brighter colored fruits but they still have a hint of sweetness rather than tartness.
                                sounds nice!
                                XSPerfumes 10ml Sprays Comply,Sexy Confidence,Bitch, Celebrity, Babe,XSential Body Spray for women, P86, P114,P106,Mascot,Engage,BNOL,Sweetness,EST, Tease,Odyssey,Temptress,Flirt,Fairytale,Girlfriend ,Sleaze
                                XRS94,Innocense,Goddess,Madame,DMspray
                                Testers:Babe,Happiness,Temptress,Inbetween,Cohesio n
                                Cops:A,B,C

Oils: Fantasy,Copulin,Connections,DesireMe,Xist,Neno,EST
                                From a lab IsoE Super+Ambroxan

Comment

I ended up going even more mad scientist and ended up with NA+Sauvage, A1+Sauvage, and the three I mentioned before. I now have 2 A1 scents. I really look forward to The end of Corona when I can test this stuff better. For now I have my housemates (all 300 of them, so still a decent testing ground). Can't wait until they finish mixing together and I can test these new sprays. Sprays I made following in the footsteps of Phaethon
                                  how many drops did you use of API?
                                  XSPerfumes 10ml Sprays Comply,Sexy Confidence,Bitch, Celebrity, Babe,XSential Body Spray for women, P86, P114,P106,Mascot,Engage,BNOL,Sweetness,EST, Tease,Odyssey,Temptress,Flirt,Fairytale,Girlfriend ,Sleaze
                                  XRS94,Innocense,Goddess,Madame,DMspray
                                  Testers:Babe,Happiness,Temptress,Inbetween,Cohesio n
                                  Cops:A,B,C

Oils: Fantasy,Copulin,Connections,DesireMe,Xist,Neno,EST
                                  From a lab IsoE Super+Ambroxan

Comment

• Originally posted by Coconut View Post
                                    how many drops did you use of API?

Instead of measuring ml or drops, I measured the side of the bottle, I put a line at the "2" mark, and another line at the "5" mark, and I filled it to the 2 mark with Api, then the 5 mark with Prada Luna Rossa Carbon.

This means I have 2/5 (or 4/10 which = 40%) API and 3/5 (or 6/10 which = 60%) Prada Luna Rossa Carbon in a TOGO bottle.

Was that the super wrong way to do it?

I measured it not with a measuring tape, but the markings for ml on the side of a syringe. The thickness of the syringe is far different than the TOGO bottle, but the markings 1 - 5ml are exactly evenly spaced, so I am quite sure I have a perfect 60/40 Prada/Api solution. Next time I will record when I put it in so I can count the drops. I am concentrating on not spilling anything and I don't multitask lol.

Comment

Ad down

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X