yobit.net eobot.com digifinex
  • Thank you for visiting DiscoverXS your pheromone research community.
    If this is your first visit please register so you can join the community: click the Sign Up link above to proceed.
    To start viewing messages, please login and select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD IN POSts

Collapse

Pherotruth down :o

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In what form is the data? A revamp of PT is rounding the bend and it would be nice to include the legacy posts instead of being totally new. The revamp will be using SMF for the forum engine.
    My Journal: Fever's Follies

My stash: Moved to the first post of my journal as it no longer fits in my forum signature.

Comment

• Muestereate
      Muestereate commented
      Editing a comment
      SMF was always my favorite

These are html pages. See also graphic.
    ---
    There is still much to learn in this world. Especially the world of pheromones
    ---
    PXS: Taboo (Spray/Oil), SOB (Oil), Ascent (Spray/Oil) Evolve (Spray/Oil), XiSt (Oil), Cohesion (Oil), Destroyer XS148, Sex Magic XS179, Domination (Oil), Barely Legal (Spray), Dominant Ascend (Spray), XS115
    LAL: Bad Wolf, Wolf, Vodoo, SXD-9, Nude Alpha), Dirty Primitive, MAX-T-150, Aqua Vitae, Nude, Asia, AlphaQ.
    PT: The Hookup, Zero to 69, Escape The Friend Zone, Grail of Affection, Swoon
    AP: M3X, Core

Comment

What I should have said is what format is the data? It’s accessible via Wayback but not in any way allowing import into a forum database.

My stash: Moved to the first post of my journal as it no longer fits in my forum signature.

Comment

The data can be used in the same way as with wayback. Only much faster.
        An import into a database is not possible. At least I don't know of any forum software that supports this. The data would have to be converted into a different format. I know developers who would be able to do this, but only for money.
        I'm trying to find a solution here that doesn't necessarily cost a fortune.​
        ---
        ---
        PXS: Taboo (Spray/Oil), SOB (Oil), Ascent (Spray/Oil) Evolve (Spray/Oil), XiSt (Oil), Cohesion (Oil), Destroyer XS148, Sex Magic XS179, Domination (Oil), Barely Legal (Spray), Dominant Ascend (Spray), XS115
        LAL: Bad Wolf, Wolf, Vodoo, SXD-9, Nude Alpha), Dirty Primitive, MAX-T-150, Aqua Vitae, Nude, Asia, AlphaQ.

Comment

Originally posted by DaBrain View Post
          An import into a database is not possible. At least I don't know of any forum software that supports this. The data would have to be converted into a different format. I know developers who would be able to do this, but only for money.
          That’s the thing. I’m personally footing the bill for web hosting, and eventually will need to purchase an SSL certificate for the site as well. I feel Mark’s original site was so valuable I was compelled to want to carry on his mission, though it would’ve been nicer to have the database with all the posts. Initially ran into issues using the forms software he had, but since there’s no hope of obtaining the database file, I decided to go with software I was more familiar with.

Comment

Once you manage to get all the files in html format assuming it's with the same structure then the solution is simply to code a parser that would take the data and convert it to a csv/sql insert, then just push it somewhere, but then the question is where do you wanna integrate it in the new forum? It has to be seperate, you won't make a bunch of dead accounts to hold those posts, unless you have like a "legacy-bot" that will have all the posts. But in my opinion there should be a new forum for live discussion, with some option for an "old pherotruth archive" page.

Johnny Fever what do you thing?

Comment

I am willing to take some money into my hands and have already invested time and money to support this mission.
              I also have some high performance servers in Europe and could offer to host the archive.
              Furthermore I am still in contact with some developers to find ways to get the data into a new forum. If something is possible, I will inform you.
              Otherwise I think the idea of starting a new forum and leaving the old one as a knowledge archive is not so bad. The old forum had reached a certain size and in my opinion became a bit confusing. The new Google search function helped, but then you were overwhelmed with results.

Everyone should contribute as much as they can, because no one can claim that pherotruth hasn't changed their life
              ---
              ---

Comment

I like the idea of the old form being available for others, but very important things were mentioned. Creating a bunch of accounts, totaling old messages to could lead to serious security concerns, especially since we have no way of vetting those original members should they come back. Secondly, I personally don’t have the coding prowess to integrate the posts into the forum database. Having a separate archive certainly sounds like a great idea, as I would hate to see that information get lost to time. As I’ve mentioned, previously, my thought was to continue Mark’s mission, which is why I decided to step up and provide hosting and domain name. I also have to thank TracerX for his help behind the scenes, too.

Comment

well, I doubt you can get the email addresses of the former but if you could a simple email campaign encouraging old member to signup could be designed. Letting them know we are here in the interim could be helpful as well. Many probly don't knw where to go unless they are XS customers.

Another idea, if you can segment the old posts into 100 to 150k chunks would be to run them through aI for summarization. Its a simple matter to tell it to format as markdown or html so you can post on a page. I bet it could embed a bit of css for formatting and a splash of color

Comment

I am willing to take some money into my hands and have already invested time and money to support this mission.
                    I also have some high performance servers in Europe and could offer to host the archive.
                    Furthermore I am still in contact with some developers to find ways to get the data into a new forum. If something is possible, I will inform you.
                    Otherwise I think the idea of starting a new forum and leaving the old one as a knowledge archive is not so bad. The old forum had reached a certain size and in my opinion became a bit confusing. The new Google search function helped, but then you were overwhelmed with results.

Everyone should contribute as much as they can, because no one can claim that pherotruth hasn't changed their life

Hi all,
                    i was member on pherotruth and saw it was down so created an account here.
                    if I may, if a new pherotruth is created, be careful with the localization of the servers. Europe specifically, I m not sure would be best. Censure and control have become a major issue there and if, for whatever reason EU decides sooner or later that the substances used in our loved product bother them, they will do anything they can to censure this kind of forum.

Comment

Nowhere it's fully safe maybe on Swiss servers, worst case we'll just make it on web3 which is censorship resistant.

Comment

Originally posted by Zobih View Post

Hi all,
                        i was member on pherotruth and saw it was down so created an account here.
                        if I may, if a new pherotruth is created, be careful with the localization of the servers. Europe specifically, I m not sure would be best. Censure and control have become a major issue there and if, for whatever reason EU decides sooner or later that the substances used in our loved product bother them, they will do anything they can to censure this kind of forum.
                        Don't worry about that...
                        ---
                        ---

Comment

I suppose with some discovering the site we might just turn things into a 'soft launch.' The rebirth the the site is located at Pherotruth.net. Unfortunately, without access to Mark's database it's pretty much impossible to import the legacy info into the new site, but there's plenty of room to start and grow.

Comment

Pat who was a good friend of Mark replied to me when I emailed the hosting company and had the following to say:

"Mark was a dear friend of mine, and I know for many years he enjoyed and loved the community he created at Pherotruth.com.

The original Pherotruth.com was built in MyBB. I worked on a small portion of it but most of it Mark did on his own (he was a bedroom coder).

As for the original code, it is unrecoverable. I have already tried contacting the previous hosting company, and they say the server has been basically recycled and give them to someone else. All of the old code, unfortunately will never be recovered.

Perhaps you know someone in the community that would like to build a similar website?"

Maybe he'll pop on here ​

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	logo.png
Views:	392
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	147911

We've been working on that with Johnny fever: http://pherotruth.net this week we'll get the SSL running.

Comment

Originally posted by TracerX View Post
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	logo.png
Views:	392
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	147911

We've been working on that with Johnny fever: http://pherotruth.net this week we'll get the SSL running.
                                With typical life events and near holiday stuff (along with the 9-to-5) I've been a bit stretched but will hopefully get the SSL on the site later this week. I'm hoping many of the members of the original PheroTruth site will migrate over to continue to share their wealth of knowledge.

Comment

Wow…was off on a pheromone hiatus for a while, decided to pop back on here and I find out Mark passed? I liked him, seemed pretty fair and reasonable. It’s a good thing Steve has this site, so the knowledge isn’t lost.

Comment

• SargeMaximus
                                    SargeMaximus commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    I feel like there needs to be a repository of knowledge for things like mones

Originally posted by Johnny Fever View Post

I agree, thank goodness for the DXS forum, and SteveO and crew are wonderful, but I would feel guilty to have large scale discussions about competing products here. The old PT was great as it covered multiple vendors and was, for the most part, based on user experiences rather than those trying to game the system.
                                  Don't feel guilty, we even have an underforum for it. So just go ahead and discuss the blends and brands you want.

Arsenal

??????Full bottles: Sport, Celebrity, Innocence, Connections, And Babe, Cohesion, Temptress, Thinker, Fantasy, Psel, Tease, Xist x 2, Odyssey, LoveBoat, Vibe, Madame, Bliss, Summer Daze (XS122), Fairy Tale Limitless, XSP86, Engage, Happiness, Sweetness, Glow, Bitch, XS194, xs189, xs190, xs191, xs193, xs196, xs199, Naked Gun, Mascot, Pencil Thin Mustache and XSP102, Goddess, Api. DM oil.

LPMP: Heart & Soul, Lumina, Cougar, MLH, Blatant Invitation, Sexology, Sexpionage, Audacious, Levitation, Popularity Potion, LFM, LFN, True Confession, Empathy.

Comment

Hello everyone,

I have now summarized all archived pages and made them available at https://pherotruth.fans
                                    I will continue to optimize the whole thing over time.

---
                                    ---

Comment

Just wanna thank ALL you guys involved in this YEOMAN'S (never had a real reason to use that word 'till now) effort for getting the archives back as well as the new site. Just outstanding!!

Comment

Ad down

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X