yobit.net eobot.com digifinex
  • Thank you for visiting DiscoverXS your pheromone research community.
    If this is your first visit please register so you can join the community: click the Sign Up link above to proceed.
    To start viewing messages, please login and select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD IN POSts

Collapse

2020: Kicking off the new year by being dead!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020: Kicking off the new year by being dead!

I'll start this off by saying this was one experience I wouldn't wish on anyone.

We had a holiday party on Monday 12/23 and it was pretty epic. Lots of liquor and beer and tons of food. Family, friends, most former employees and their families. I think about 30 people in total showed up.

I guess I had worn myself out in the preparations although other than being tired and needing a break everything was fine. On Christmas Eve had some family over my house for dinner and gift exchanges and again I felt tired but okay. Christmas morning comes and my head was just pounding. Migraine type of headache but not quite the same.

The day after I came into work but isolated myself out of production and away from everyone. I was in respiratory distress and felt like this sinus infection was getting worse, but nothing like the flu. Any type of exertion and I was gasping for air. I kept myself at my desk and just did computer work.

Hayley made me stay home on Friday and for the first time in years I did. I was pretty sure I'd get over it by resting over the weekend, but unfortunately my health continued to decline. I started getting a bit worried and every symptom I put into WebMD provided a different serious condition that required medical treatment. I was either pregnant, had a tumor, a broken or fractured bone, kidney stones... Nothing really mentioned the flu and like any man worth his salt knows a cold/flu in a man has the highest pain threshold on the scale just bellow CRPS and Kidney Stones but well above child birth.

I haven't had the flu in years and rarely get sick as it is. I take a lot of vitamins like A/D, C, CoQ10, E, Salmon Oil, Turmeric, Rhodiola and some nootropics. I've never had a flu shot either so I must have been doing something right. The only pharmaceutical I take is for high-blood pressure.

Like I said/thought, by Monday I should be fine or recovering, but I wasn't. Not only that, but I felt as if I was headed in the wrong direction. Not only was I gasping for air and felt the congestion in my chest one day, but the next it would switch to my sinuses, then back again. Very odd! However by that Sunday I felt like I was on the mend. By Monday, just in time for work, my tummy started to ache and not in a way I thought was normal. I began getting pain like food poisoning pain. I only had food poisoning once (from a beer no less): https://discoverxs.com/forum/pheromo...blend#post3603 and well this pain was hurting like that. What in heck could be wrong with me.

To me its a normal thing when you feel sick to self-diagnose so back to WebMD I went. I wasn't nauseous, I just had pain and after a while it wasn't so much as my stomach, but rather my solar plexus region or at least that's what I could figure. Kind of difficult to determine the pain location when you are doubling over and in the process it takes your breath away. On top of everything else, when you can't get air you begin a panic attack. WTF was going on?

I continued to decline and with each passing day I would get more and more symptoms. I drink a LOT of water (plain old water), nearly a gallon a day. I definitely wasn't peeing enough either. I was leaning more towards a Kidney stone but I didn't have the main symptom of being nauseous, but the pain I was experiencing was just horrible. Over the course of a few days I started to have the back pain symptoms and really felt as if I was on the verge of death. At one point I contemplated calling an ambulance, but I think delirium prevented me. I couldn't sleep, I could barely get around.

Finally I had the strength to drag myself to my doctor who I usually spend nearly 2 hours waiting each time to get in a room after my scheduled appointment. The only good thing to come out of it was I was in a room within minutes. I guess I looked like I was going to die as much as I felt I was going to die. Turns out somehow my body was rejecting my own blood.

As it was explained to me I had caught the flu (like I suspected) and it began to turn into sepsis (which is deadly and requires immediate hospitalization in the ICU). My doctor wanted to get me to the hospital, but I convinced him to let me go home instead. They gave me three doses of antibiotic shots and sent me home with a prescription for three different ones. The doctor told me he would have his NP call me to check on me and she did several times over the next couple days.

I like my doctor, except the waiting to see him part, as he is very thorough and seems like he really cares about me and my health. Although he is super quick to give you a prescription for whatever ails you. Many times he's given me scripts for prevention but I just don't fill them. The only one I take is amlodipine because high blood pressure is hereditary in my family on both sides. I try to avoid sodium but I do like pink-salt. Hopefully I can get off that by changing my diet and lifestyle. I was actually surprised the NP did call me, even on Saturday.

I was pretty confused when I had gone to see him and when the NP called she was super cool and took the time to explain how all this happened in such a short time. I ran myself down from the party and even though I typically don't get the flu, everything contributed to the illness. Apparently even the alcohol! She told me that typically a person will feel better and then like running into a brick wall it all returns but worse. Hmm that's exactly what I was feeling. When I went to see them I told them my kidneys hurt, which is why I thought it was a stone (never had one, but the symptoms are similar according to WebMD). My doctor and nurse practitioner both had the idea to test my blood and urine which showed telltale signs of going into sepsis.

Thank God I went to the doctor because as he and the NP stressed if I waited even a few hours longer I would have died and should have been in the ICU. The antibiotics literally worked miracles because within hours of those injections all those symptoms had subsided. Over the weekend I still had a general sense of malaise, but I could breath although still coughing up crap. I also have this terrible pain at times, that I cannot really place as to its origin. Times I thought solar plexus, abdominal, back, kidneys...just not sure. It hits very hard and is debilitating but I cannot figure out where the pain is. Strange, right?

Other than that I feel okay. I'm back at work today and feel great from where I did feel. Got my appetite back, no more coughing or sinus pressure either.

The moral of this post is not about sympathy or anything like that. Nope, its about a deep appreciation for life and those things you have to live for. There are so many bad things and people in this world, but there is a lot more goodness and for me, most of it stems from our community. I absolutely love what I do and the people who I do it for. There's a lot to live for and I honestly believe if it wasn't for the community I don't think I would have made it. Sepsis is pretty deadly (1/3 of all cases result in death usually within the first 12 hours). To get it and not have been in the ICU for just about a week is a testament to how much I love the community, my friends and my family. There is much more that needs to be accomplished and my journey is not yet completed.

Take care of yourselves and if you do get the flu, even if you don't usually go to them, seek medical advice when necessary. As someone who is half Italian/Sicilian with bits of German, English and Native American I can be as stubborn as a mule. I should have just went to the doctors in the first place but instead nearly killed myself.

I will still never get a flu shot (they even admit 80% of the time they are ineffective) but I just need to take better care of myself. I want to be around for a while. Like I said there's a lot yet to accomplish.

I love our community. I love you.

Stay healthy and happy 2020. May it be the best year yet for all of us!

Steve O
    PLEASE DON'T PRIVATE MESSAGE ME. I'M MONTHS BEHIND.

This is my passion and my goal: to change the world, 1 person at a time, by empowering them with knowledge, know-how and the products that give them the ability to live their dreams.

A dream or vision is only a pretty picture without the passion and willingness to get your ass kicked chasing after it.

discoverXS is our adventure story! Thank you for being a part of it

Pheromone Questions? (I like to answer the phones)
    Pheromone Answer Line: +1(901)-328-6433

This story scared me, but Thank God you had the sense to visit your doctor at last. Love you Steve.
    Arsenal

??????Full bottles: Sport, Celebrity, Innocence, Connections, And Babe, Cohesion, Temptress, Thinker, Fantasy, Psel, Tease, Xist x 2, Odyssey, LoveBoat, Vibe, Madame, Bliss, Summer Daze (XS122), Fairy Tale Limitless, XSP86, Engage, Happiness, Sweetness, Glow, Bitch, XS194, xs189, xs190, xs191, xs193, xs196, xs199, Naked Gun, Mascot, Pencil Thin Mustache and XSP102, Goddess, Api. DM oil.

LPMP: Heart & Soul, Lumina, Cougar, MLH, Blatant Invitation, Sexology, Sexpionage, Audacious, Levitation, Popularity Potion, LFM, LFN, True Confession, Empathy.

Comment

Holy Shit Steve! I'm glad to hear your on the mend. I've had more than one near death experience and it really gives you an appreciation for what you have in life. Stay healthy my friend

Comment

Glad you are alright Steve! When we hit rock bottom, the only remaining way is to go back up! Hope you feel better and stay healthy :BananaRider:

Comment

Please keep taking your temperature, relapses from sepsis are not uncommon. You are indeed a lucky man. I almost lost my mom to sepsis about 5 years ago and they made a lucky guess on the antibiotics. It took a few days for the lab-work to come back that confirmed they had given her the correct one from the start. Yes, she should have been gone. She was so sick when they wheeled her into the ER that later I thought it should have been minutes instead of hours. She had went into Septic shock after a few days at home with a gallbladder infection. Some bacteria are more prevalent in the gall bladder so they made a lucky guess and were giving her the correct one from the very start. Otherwise she would have been gone. She was on IV antibiotics for about a week I think and a couple more weeks inpatient.

My understanding of the pain is that it is a result of the sepsis killing your body, When you organs and muscles die from the inside out it hurts. This can take quite a while to heal but it does heal eventually. It killed 85 percent of my moms heart and 60 percent of her kidneys. Today 4 years later her Kidneys are better than mine and heart is about 45 percent which is about right for someone in their 90's.

Your brush with death was real, Don't forget it. It is the human condition to forget it but don't. Continue to take care of yourself Steve even after the pain is gone. The heavy antibiotics may cause serious stomach complications. Yogurt and probiotics may stave it off. Be careful of any spills at work, medical steroids in large doses weaken an immune system that's how they work when administered for inflammation. I know we work in minuscule amounts of barely related molecules but be extra cautions for a while for me will ya? No enone snorting parties OK?

Just googled it, the ones the use in medicine are CORTICOsteroids DOCs

Comment

Thanks everybody. The antibiotics worked like a charm because within hours I felt so much better. I don't have a fever and feel pretty much back to normal. The doctor said I was super-lucky because it was very mild, like just going into it. I say mild, but if that was mild God help anyone who has it for real, real. I have about 3 more days of antibiotics I need to take and then comes the healing process with lots of vitamins and probiotics. I've definitely been getting plenty of rest.

Crazy how something like that can just happen out of the blue from the flu. I rarely get sick at that!

We take a lot of precautions when handling the molecules here. Vapor respirators, safety glasses, gloves, chem smocks, the works. We work with lots of different molecules and have kilos of some stock. I imagine it can take a toll if we're not careful.

Steve O

This is my passion and my goal: to change the world, 1 person at a time, by empowering them with knowledge, know-how and the products that give them the ability to live their dreams.

A dream or vision is only a pretty picture without the passion and willingness to get your ass kicked chasing after it.

Comment

I'm glad, you sound like you are taking care of yourself. I probably didn't need to remind you of any of that but I'm happy to hear you are finishing out your antiB's. I was pretty sure your lab safety was up to par but Kilos????

Comment

Originally posted by Muestereate View Post
                I'm glad, you sound like you are taking care of yourself. I probably didn't need to remind you of any of that but I'm happy to hear you are finishing out your antiB's. I was pretty sure your lab safety was up to par but Kilos????
                Yes, some molecules we have kilos. Deep frozen

Steve O

Comment

Dear SteveO, first of all, I'm so glad you are better. What a scary thing to go through. And thank you for sharing, I think a lot of people underestimate what could happen when they start feeling ill. It sounds like you are well aware of good supplements to keep your immune system going. I believe around the holiday season something particularly nasty was going around, my husband and I haven't been ill in years but caught it too. I highly recommend LivOn Labs lypospheric Vitamin C (needs to be taken on an empty stomach with a cold drink, not hot in order to work effectively) and also Dr. Schulze's Flu Shot (completely herbal superfood extracts that you drink). It helped us get through our being sick much quicker. The lypospheric Vitamin C also can keep you from getting sick, period, when taken preventatively in cold season. We were unfortunately not taking it during the holidays. Blessings and well wishes to you and yours.

Comment

Thank you MostHoly for such a thoughtful post. I've been taking LivOn Labs lypospheric Vitamin C since January 2013 so I'm good on that. Definitely needs a cold drink because, to me, its just eww but the benefits are just fantastic.

As to Dr. Schulze's Flu Shot I will have to look into that, but I normally don't get sick very often. I think this is the first time I've had the flu in many, many years.

Steve O

Comment

Please take extra good care of yourself going forward!

My sweet father had sepsis at one point. Absolutely terrifying. They brought us the comfort cart (cart full of treats for the family to comfort them when death is inevitable) at the hospital and everything. I can't believe you caught it from the flu. There really is something particularly nasty going around right now, like MostHoly said. So many people I know are getting terribly ill and it's taking a while to overcome it.

Really, please take care of yourself. Don't work yourself too hard. We appreciate all that you do. So grateful that you're recovering well.
                      XS arsenal:
                      Desire Me, Engage, Fairytale, Fantasy, Innocence, Limitless, PSEL, P86, Sexy Confidence, Sweetness, Xist, xs189

Samples - Celebrity, Cohesion, Love Boat, Girlfriend, InBetween, Babe, Taboo, Vibes

LPMP arsenal:
                      Balm Bomb, Beth's Blushing Milkmaid, Cougar Potion, Cuddle Bunny 2009, La Femme Mystere, Like a Magnet, Love Potion: Red, OCCO SLF, OCCO White, Popularity Potion
                      Samples - Bosom Bows w/ Phero, Canaga Cocoa Cacao, Caramel Musk, Medium '19, 10:31 w/ Phero

Comment

Originally posted by Quiet&Dreamy View Post
                        Please take extra good care of yourself going forward!

My sweet father had sepsis at one point. Absolutely terrifying. They brought us the comfort cart (cart full of treats for the family to comfort them when death is inevitable) at the hospital and everything. I can't believe you caught it from the flu. There really is something particularly nasty going around right now, like MostHoly said. So many people I know are getting terribly ill and it's taking a while to overcome it.

Really, please take care of yourself. Don't work yourself too hard. We appreciate all that you do. So grateful that you're recovering well.
                        Thanks. I definitely caught it in time as from what I was told it was a very mild case just at the beginning stages. I had no idea you could catch it from the flu either, but apparently its more common than people know: https://www.sepsis.org/sepsisand/influenza/ Who would have thought?

I mean I never ever thought it was anything other than the flu, except when I kept getting worse. It was a horrible feeling that can't quite be described except you feel like you're dying. If that was a mild case I can't imagine what a severe case would be like.

Otherwise I feel about back to normal.

Steve O

Comment

• Quiet&Dreamy
                          Quiet&Dreamy commented
                          Editing a comment
                          The more you know! Thanks for this info.

Originally posted by XSteveO View Post
                        Thank you MostHoly for such a thoughtful post. I've been taking LivOn Labs lypospheric Vitamin C since January 2013 so I'm good on that. Definitely needs a cold drink because, to me, its just eww but the benefits are just fantastic.

As to Dr. Schulze's Flu Shot I will have to look into that, but I normally don't get sick very often. I think this is the first time I've had the flu in many, many years.
                        My heartfelt pleasure, dear @SteveO . And same here, it has been a few years since my husband and I were sick. We usually pride ourselves in having rocking immune systems, so we assume it's more than just the regular nasties going around. As @Quiet&Dreamy said, please make sure it completely heals before you do anything strenuous. It can take a few weeks.

Comment

just read this hope everything is ok now, apprently in china, japan and somewhere else in asia they have a bad pneumonia virus going round.
                          XSPerfumes 10ml Sprays Comply,Sexy Confidence,Bitch, Celebrity, Babe,XSential Body Spray for women, P86, P114,P106,Mascot,Engage,BNOL,Sweetness,EST, Tease,Odyssey,Temptress,Flirt,Fairytale,Girlfriend ,Sleaze
                          XRS94,Innocense,Goddess,Madame,DMspray
                          Testers:Babe,Happiness,Temptress,Inbetween,Cohesio n
                          Cops:A,B,C

Oils: Fantasy,Copulin,Connections,DesireMe,Xist,Neno,EST
                          From a lab IsoE Super+Ambroxan

Comment

• XSteveO
                            XSteveO commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yeah I saw that on the news. Looks awful

Holy sh!te XSteveO ! I'm late reading this, but I'm VERY happy the outcome was not death!
                          Makes me cringe, a LOT, as our family is sharing a regular ol' chest cold that is being a nuisance. And all I've been concerned about is that it doesn't become pneumonia for anyone...
                          I have to be dying, or think I am, to go to the dr myself, so I can relate to that.
                          Jeeze! I'm relieved to know that you are recovering so well and are taking extra good care of yourself You're family you know
                          Sending lots of love and warm hugs
                          You're never too old to learn NuTrix ^_~

Comment

i had pneumonia last year, had to have a nebuliser, it was awful should of gone to hospital but resisted, had antibiotics and it went, but remeber waking up and couldn't breathe, hope i don't get this china stuff!
                            XSPerfumes 10ml Sprays Comply,Sexy Confidence,Bitch, Celebrity, Babe,XSential Body Spray for women, P86, P114,P106,Mascot,Engage,BNOL,Sweetness,EST, Tease,Odyssey,Temptress,Flirt,Fairytale,Girlfriend ,Sleaze
                            XRS94,Innocense,Goddess,Madame,DMspray
                            Testers:Babe,Happiness,Temptress,Inbetween,Cohesio n
                            Cops:A,B,C

Oils: Fantasy,Copulin,Connections,DesireMe,Xist,Neno,EST
                            From a lab IsoE Super+Ambroxan

Comment

Well apparently I'm not over this at all! I'm pretty sure the doctor misdiagnosed me. I think I will need to take a trip to the ER tonight if I'm not better. I definitely have an infection in me somewhere but I'm certain its not sepsis. I think its either my kidneys (maybe kidney stone) or its a gunshot wound. Well at least that's what WebMD says with the symptoms checker.

I never had a kidney stone before, or anything this painful in all my life. I isolated my food, drink, everything this weekend and I kept getting worse. I thought maybe a food allergy but then my kidneys started to hurt instead of just my entire abdomen. I didn't think it was kidneys stones because I don't have any nausea and that is a prime symptom. However the pain is just wow! They say its worse than childbirth and we all know childbirth comes in a distant second to a mans cold. Anyway this is far worse than any cold.

So right now I can barely even walk and when I do its extreme pain and takes my breath away. I realize now I'm not sick, I'm in pain. This makes me think that doctor got it wrong. From everything I read about sepsis, even a mild case, there is no way I would have been better in just a couple of days. His staff is completely incompetent and they probably misread it. Sepsis does not come and go. I'm a bit worried for sure. I did come in today and managed to get all but 3 orders out. We should be back on track by tomorrow.

In the meantime if you're the praying type please keep me in your prayers otherwise send me your good thoughts if you would please. I'm not sure at all what's going on and I'm stubborn!

Steve O

Comment

• NuTrix
                                NuTrix commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Praying

Run don't walk, Ambulance if you cant. You'll be in my prayers.

My mothers Sepsis started in her Gall bladder, very painful.

Make sure you use the word Sepsis in the ER a couple times. My mothers came back and they treated her like food poisoing until I caught the nurses attention, she promptly got broad spectrum antibiotics started and immediate blood cultures and pulled her old lab work. By them going back to old lab work they were able to adjust antibiotic rapidly and saved her from going into spetic shock the second time.

Like they have Stroke and heart attack protocols, they should also have a sepsis protocol but its not their first suspicion during flu season.

Comment

Good to hear you're ok, it's a good idea to spread awareness about what complications from the flu can do to to you- most seem to think the flu is harmless, but it can really mess with you in unpredictable ways. I myself had a run in with sepsis and wound up with nerve damage despite early treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by Muestereate View Post
                                  Run don't walk, Ambulance if you cant. You'll be in my prayers.

My mothers Sepsis started in her Gall bladder, very painful.

Make sure you use the word Sepsis in the ER a couple times. My mothers came back and they treated her like food poisoing until I caught the nurses attention, she promptly got broad spectrum antibiotics started and immediate blood cultures and pulled her old lab work. By them going back to old lab work they were able to adjust antibiotic rapidly and saved her from going into spetic shock the second time.

Like they have Stroke and heart attack protocols, they should also have a sepsis protocol but its not their first suspicion during flu season.
                                  Well I still haven't gone yet, but I'm sure its not sepsis anyway. There are to many things that don't add up and I'm still alive, but barely. I'll probably go in the midnight hour when less people are there

Steve O

Comment

Ad down

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X