yobit.net eobot.com digifinex
  • Thank you for visiting DiscoverXS your pheromone research community.
    If this is your first visit please register so you can join the community: click the Sign Up link above to proceed.
    To start viewing messages, please login and select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD IN POSts

Collapse

Unpopular Opinions Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cheerio View Post
    I was inspired by this post

Don't be mad at me girl, but I feel nothing when others say the N word. I personally never, ever use the word. None of my family members use the word. We just shake our heads when Black people and others use it. We should just completely do away with the word but Black people will never stop using the word and they say it's because it's supposed to be a "term of endearment" or they are "taking back" the word" but that's bullshit, you can't take back a word that never belonged to you in the first place. It's a white for white people to use against Blacks. You can only take back a word if you were the one who came up with it and it was taken from you. The REAL reason Black people won't stop using it is because it's ingrained in their vocabulary and it'd be too much work getting every Black person to stop using a word that they are so used to hearing.
    So glad you said this. I literally say the same thing and it's like people don't get it. We are so above that word, it's not healthy, it came from hate, let's do away with it! I'm really happy I'm with a black man who doesn't use it. (it was on my list) I hope my son doesn't say it. I've preached about it to him. I also agree with OutspokenOne that other races shouldn't say it either.
    The word can die already. ?????
    ??

Comment

• Originally posted by Mysticbeauty View Post

So glad you said this. I literally say the same thing and it's like people don't get it. We are so above that word, it's not healthy, it came from hate, let's do away with it! I'm really happy I'm with a black man who doesn't use it. (it was on my list) I hope my son doesn't say it. I've preached about it to him. I also agree with OutspokenOne that other races shouldn't say it either.
      The word can die already. ?????
      ??
      This!

Another thing:
      I don't call my girl friends "bitch(es)", even "affectionately". I never understood it and I will never refer to someone I love with that word. I admit to being tempted to before, but I just can't. Big NOPE.

You're never too old to learn NuTrix ^_~

Comment

• Originally posted by NuTrix View Post

This!

Another thing:
        I don't call my girl friends "bitch(es)", even "affectionately". I never understood it and I will never refer to someone I love with that word. I admit to being tempted to before, but I just can't. Big NOPE.
        I was just talking to my mom about this the other day! We were watching a movie and she was soo confused by all LANGUAGE these best friends who supposedly love each other were using toward one another. In my 20's when I would drink bitch was the first word to start rolling off my tongue but I never really used it much toward my friends. I'm also not a drinker. I'm sensitive I guess. Like if they use it toward themselves like "I'm a boss bitch" or I'm a sexy ass bitch", I mean Im not going to scold them. It's the context. But yeah I'm not a fan of using bitch, whore, slut, cunt, etc as loving pet names for friends. Men hear and think it's ok for them to say it. NOPE!

Comment

This!

Another thing:
          Lol I'm guilty for calling my close friends bitch or bih. However we do it as a joke. But I don't like when men refer to women as "bitches" If a man says a woman is a bitch (like he is purposely insulting her and not using it as an alternative for woman/female). Again everyone has a different perspective on how they view words.
          Current Arsenal:

XS (Full Bottles): Xist (women), Engage, Bliss, PSEL, Babe, Desire Me+, XS196 (Girlfriend Blend), Fantasy, Love Boat, Tease, Goddess Blend, Sweetness, P86, Connections, Mascot, Fairytale, Flirt, P96, Glow, Bitch (XS124), XSP106, XSR46, XS189

Samples: Innocence, Thinker, Celebrity, Temptress, Comply, Glow, Vibe, Inbetween, Odyssey.

LPMP: Blatant Invitation, Levitation, Honeyed LP w/ Gotcha

Comment

• Okay this sounds weird but I think it looks odd as hell when a man is butt naked but still has socks on while having sexual intercourse...like I think it looks so odd...like take your socks off...LMAO

However during sex I keep my socks on HAHA
            Current Arsenal:

XS (Full Bottles): Xist (women), Engage, Bliss, PSEL, Babe, Desire Me+, XS196 (Girlfriend Blend), Fantasy, Love Boat, Tease, Goddess Blend, Sweetness, P86, Connections, Mascot, Fairytale, Flirt, P96, Glow, Bitch (XS124), XSP106, XSR46, XS189

Samples: Innocence, Thinker, Celebrity, Temptress, Comply, Glow, Vibe, Inbetween, Odyssey.

Comment

• NuTrix
              NuTrix commented
              Editing a comment

Another thing:
            I absolutely hate this, too!

Just like I feel like the N-word doesn't make a difference just because you replace the "er" with an "a," putting the word "bad" in front of the word bitches doesn't make it okay. I'm just appalled by how there are women who are okay with basically being called female dogs. How can you ever be okay with the word bitch. I've had to tell people I used to know to not call me that because it's not cute. Like there's nothing wrong with saying, "hey girl!" takes much less work too.

Comment

• Originally posted by OutspokenOne View Post
              Okay this sounds weird but I think it looks odd as hell when a man is butt naked but still has socks on while having sexual intercourse...like I think it looks so odd...like take your socks off...LMAO

However during sex I keep my socks on HAHA
              ???? Hahaha

Comment

I absolutely hate this, too!

Just like I feel like the N-word doesn't make a difference just because you replace the "er" with an "a," putting the word "bad" in front of the word bitches doesn't make it okay. I'm just appalled by how there are women who are okay with basically being called female dogs. How can you ever be okay with the word bitch. I've had to tell people I used to know to not call me that because it's not cute. Like there's nothing wrong with saying, "hey girl!" takes much less work too.
                I absolutely hate when people say it's better with an "a" than and "er".. "Umm no sir I think you're mistaken"
                No one's ever said "hey bitch" to me. I would be shocked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mysticbeauty View Post
                  I absolutely hate when people say it's better with an "a" than and "er"
                  Little do they know, it'll always have the same meaning even if you try to take out a letter or two. That's why they get so angry when others use it with an "a" because they know deep down, it's a degrading word.

Comment

Little do they know, it'll always have the same meaning even if you try to take out a letter or two. That's why they get so angry when others use it with an "a" because they know deep down, it's a degrading word.
                    ABSOLUTELY!

Comment

• Current Arsenal:

Comment

• You know, I'm on the fence about this. Some people become really good friends with their co-workers and these co-workers even walk in the weddings and attend house parties. I think if it happens naturally, let it, but don't force it. You know?

What if they're in a different department?

Agreed. If you're getting your job done, you should be allowed to have your phone on you, especially if you have children and/or you're married.

I only disagree with this because you don't want to burn any bridges and you want to have a good reputation with everyone because you don't know who they know and who they are friends with (i.e., if someone you don't care for is actually good friends with the CEO or even if their connections has nothing to do with work). My goal when I start working is to be on good terms with everyone, or at least try to (because you can't please everyone).

One thing I dislike about many Black people (no offense, I truly am not saying this to offend) is that sometimes, they don't know how to put their feelings to the side to do business. They are stuck on "white people this/that" without realizing white people don't even like each other, but they still look out for one another if there is a check involved and if both parties benefit from the connection. You can be cordial without feeling like you're being fake/too friendly. A lot of people who network are not friends but when one person connects another, it looks good on them and that connect benefits the other person as well. Btw, I use white people as an example because those are the main people that this happens with, lol.

And I think that's why when there are Black people who "get it" they are called fake or wanting to be white because they understand how the game is played. Smile at/Be nice to everyone. You've no idea who can benefit you and how.

Comment

• I'm not sure what you mean. You would rather they not tell you that they aren't hiring you? Just never call you back and leave you wondering why?

Drama. Agreed, no thank you. I get sometimes things follow you, but when a person makes it a habit to bring their issues to work regularly says more about them than their issues...

Hmm. I can't say I look for friends at work. It happens naturally but rarely do we do things outside of work. They are litterally work friends, friendly at work

Agree. Really dashed someone's hopes because of that, but it's a personal boundary.

Some people just want to be mad. Let them be. And let it go. Like you said, a lot of things are beyond our control. Be polite, but realize when there's nothing you can do no matter how unhappy someone may be.

Originally posted by OutspokenOne View Post
                          - jobs that have a 30 minute MAX for lunch should be sued.
                          Good luck with that one...

I'm on the fence with this one, only because so many lack the maturity to actually DO their job with the distraction of their phones too handy. I also believe you go to work, to work. They don't pay me to take messages or send personal messages. If someone needs to reach me in an emergency, there are numbers to call for that. Personal phones are for breaks with the exception being unless it's set up for business (like at my work, where we get msgs, texts and emails from management). If I have extra time on my hands, I'm doing other work related things, not spending paid work time on my phone. Most people don't look at it like that though, so I guess that would be another unpopular opinion, lol!

So you aren't the only one wondering how on earth some people landed the job that they did?!

I agree. I believe we can be respectful and cordial without forcing ourselves to be overly kind.

Agree. Some people think too much about what they think others are thinking about them. It's a bit narcissistic to think "it's always about me" hahaha, when it really may be they are simply the way they are and have nothing to do with you...

You're never too old to learn NuTrix ^_~

Comment

• The above inspired this school edition one:

1) I'm tired of professors punishing students for not coming to class. You still get paid whether or not they come to class. If those kids want to fail, LET THEM! I don't believe in babying college students.

2) Formal education is absolutely important and can open doors for you in life (whether that's for careers or being able to meet certain people)

3) I do feel like some people without a formal education (i.e., didn't finish high school, only high school diploma) aren't capable of having a certain level of conversation. As a result, they overcompensate and come off as know-it-alls and do too much because they felt they've read enough things to think they are on the same level. I hope I explained this correctly. I know someone like this. Only high school education, doesn't see the importance of college, went to the military, but he doesn't realize he is struggling. Oh, and he feels like he must be technical about EVERY. SINGLE. THING someone says. Not everything is meant to be so deep. I think he overcompensates by trying to make everything someone says so deep.

4) A student and professor should be allowed to date (I know, controversial lol)

5) If a child will be safer and get a better education in another school district than they live in, they should be allowed to attend that school if their parents are willing to take them to school/find a way to make sure they get there every morning.

6) Some school districts with a predominately... other race is better than other school districts. Because they have better resources, technology, teachers, etc. It is what it is.

Comment

• somechick99
                              somechick99 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Lol, the accuracy of number 3 - my friends boyfriend never finished high school and is extremely condescending to her and wrongly corrects her grammar all the time!

You know, I'm on the fence about this. Some people become really good friends with their co-workers and these co-workers even walk in the weddings and attend house parties. I think if it happens naturally, let it, but don't force it. You know?
                            You cut off my sentence, because if you read the words before your quote, I said "unless we're really bonding". I have a friend I made at work and I don't oppose it. Tbh I just went to the spa with my cowoker last weekend. However I feel like there is a line when mixing work and pleasure. Most of the "friends" you have at work should be kept...at work.

Originally posted by Cheerio View Post
                            What if they're in a different department?
                            I personally don't believe in shitting where I make money aka it doesn't matter if they work in a different department. It's still the same company and departments always intertwine. Dating someone at work is messy and if you break up, it's not going to make work enjoyable. People at work can know about your relationship and it's awkward running to your ex, talk less, dealing with your ex at work. Even if you're at a different department, you'll always feel strange about running into them if you happen to go to your ex's department. A lot of work relationships don't last.

I only disagree with this because you don't want to burn any bridges and you want to have a good reputation with everyone because you don't know who they know and who they are friends with (i.e., if someone you don't care for is actually good friends with the CEO or even if their connections has nothing to do with work). My goal when I start working is to be on good terms with everyone, or at least try to (because you can't please everyone).
                            And I disagree with your statement. You should be nice to everyone when you first start a job however if someone doesn't like you or they rub you the wrong way, I don't believe you need to pretend to want to communicate when them when you truly don't care. It doesn't matter how nice you are or how you want people to like you, there is ALWAYS someone at work who isn't going to like you or like working with you. What matters is being cordial when you are working with that person (like in a team or for a project) you don't like...however if you don't work with them, you don't have to talk to them. In my current department (and this might surprise you), I get along with almost everyone. Like even the few coworkers who usually don't speak to me, now speak to me. Mind you these were the same coworkers that would give me the cold shoulder or wouldn't really speak to me so I ignored their ass back. I was definitely nice to them but didn't receive the same treatment back so I decided I didn't care either. Now if I have to speak to a certain someone, I'm polite but I'm not going to be friendly to someone who doesn't care to get to know me. At my old department, they are mean girls. They are messy AF and when they see me, they will say hi (and I will say hi back) but we leave it at that. Sometimes they don't say hi to me and I don't care. I've always been real with myself, I don't believe in being fake or forcing unnecessary communication. Also there is always a network outside of work, I don't believe in kissing peoples' ass to use them for my advantage. If I truly dislike you, I'm not going to bother myself. There are billions of people in the world, there is always someone out there to network with.

As for your CEO comment, it goes back to my first point. You can be nice to the CEO's friend, but if that friend doesn't like you, they don't like you and if they can influence the CEO, you're fucked anyways so it doesn't matter. Also just because the CEO's friend doesn't like you, doesn't mean the CEO won't like you. Your relationship with the CEO can either be nonexistent (because you don't bother to make the effort) or positive (because you try/don't try and the CEO naturally likes you). It can be negative because the CEO doesn't like you even with or without the friend influence. People have their bosses hate them all the time and they still become successful...so again, I don't believe in building rapport with people I could care less for.
                            Current Arsenal:

Comment

I personally don't believe in shitting where I make money aka it doesn't matter if they work in a different department. It's still the same company and departments always intertwine. Dating someone at work is messy and if you break up, it's not going to make work enjoyable. People at work can know about your relationship and it's awkward running to your ex, talk less, dealing with your ex at work. Even if you're at a different department, you'll always feel strange about running into them if you happen to go to your ex's department. A lot of work relationships don't last.
                              I actually agree with you on this. I just know some people feel differently when it's different departments (i.e., some people who never see each other bc they're on a different floor or different building)

Comment

What matters is being cordial when you are working with that person (like in a team or for a project) you don't like...however if you don't work with them, you don't have to talk to them.
                                This is basically what I meant, lol. I think we are saying the same thing. Maybe I misinterpreted what you meant in your original post!

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean. You would rather they not tell you that they aren't hiring you? Just never call you back and leave you wondering why?
                                Yes. If they tell me they will make their decision on this Friday and you haven't heard from them the next week after that, then you can tell you won't be hired. People who get hired at jobs usually get told very soon or by a certain date. If you really want a job, sure, make the initiative I guess. However I don't personally care to be contacted after a certain amount of days. The only time I feel people should tell you a decision (whether hired or not) is when you've been interviewing for a while (like after 2nd or 3rd interview), because it shows they saw some actual interest in you after the first interview.
                                Also a lot of jobs ghost you after the first interview if weren't feeling you anyways.

Originally posted by NuTrix View Post
                                They don't pay me to take messages or send personal messages.
                                Oooo you have a point
                                ben carson page GIF

So you aren't the only one wondering how on earth some people landed the job that they did?!
                                I mean I know some people get into higher roles due to popularity/being cool with management..but golly sometimes I feel like the subordinates can do a better job than some of the "mangers"
                                I agree. I believe we can be respectful and cordial without forcing ourselves to be overly kind.
                                Exactly, nothing wrong being kind or simply cordial but like...I'm not going to pretend to have a relationship that we don't naturally have.

Agree. Some people think too much about what they think others are thinking about them. It's a bit narcissistic to think "it's always about me" hahaha, when it really may be they are simply the way they are and have nothing to do with you...
                                Lol very narcissistic...some people are very insecure/self conscious to a point where they make that assumption.

Current Arsenal:

Comment

• NuTrix
                                  NuTrix commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  BWAHAHA! Love the gif!

I'm tired of professors punishing students for not coming to class. You still get paid whether or not they come to class. If those kids want to fail, LET THEM! I don't believe in babying college students.
                                YASSS. Tbh I think it hurts their feelings that students don't find their class interesting enough to come or that students know they don't need to attend to have a passing grade.

Formal education is absolutely important and can open doors for you in life (whether that's for careers or being able to meet certain people)
                                But the black community doesn't want to hear that

I do feel like some people without a formal education (i.e., didn't finish high school, only high school diploma) aren't capable of having a certain level of conversation. As a result, they overcompensate and come off as know-it-alls and do too much because they felt they've read enough things to think they are on the same level. I hope I explained this correctly. I know someone like this. Only high school education, doesn't see the importance of college, went to the military, but he doesn't realize he is struggling. Oh, and he feels like he must be technical about EVERY. SINGLE. THING someone says. Not everything is meant to be so deep. I think he overcompensates by trying to make everything someone says so deep.
                                Tbh I think it's how education is changing in society today. Like when I was younger, it was frowned upon to not finish high school because a lot of jobs required high school diploma. Now college is starting to provide more financial opportunities (as well as simultaneously destroy people's finances ) so the whole "you need a high school diploma" shtick is being replaced with a college degree/vocational school certificate. But even the near future shows that you need a MASTERS or a PhD for certain careers/fields. So people without high school diplomas could feel especially insecure.

My opinion about college is that it's not meant for everyone and that you don't always need college to be successful in life. However you have to be born with great luck or talent to become very successful without a college degree. I get what you're saying but at the same time, I don't look down upon people who don't have a college education or high school education. Not everyone will have super intellectual conversations and that's fine. Shit I know people who went to college and still can't have fundamental conversations. Shit I know people with Ivy League degrees that say stupid shit.

If a child will be safer and get a better education in another school district than they live in, they should be allowed to attend that school if their parents are willing to take them to school/find a way to make sure they get there every morning.
                                I agree. But I also feel like every school should have the same amount of funds to get adequate education.

Some school districts with a predominately... other race is better than other school districts. Because they have better resources, technology, teachers, etc. It is what it is.
                                Yes socioeconomics definitely play a role! Especially with institutional racism.

4) A student and professor should be allowed to date (I know, controversial lol)
                                LOL I have no comment to this at all. I think it's a bit weird but to each it's own!

Current Arsenal:

Comment

• Okay i got some more:

- I don't believe people are born "gay" or with a sexual orientation. I believe sexuality is fluid so as we grow up, we figure out what we're attracted to. Yes people can realize they were gay at a young age but I don't believe you're born with it (however you can be born with a sex and race/ethnicity because that's literally part of your DNA)
                                  - When a man cheats on his significant other with another woman, there is this argument that says "You can't steal a man who wanted to leave the relationship anyways" or "the husband wrecked his own marriage, not his side chick". I believe cheaters have a responsibility in being unfaithful however I still think its immoral for a side chick to knowingly be with a man who is cheating on his wife. Like the side chick is wrong for participating in that shit and in a way, normalizing his actions.
                                  - I don't believe women with very long nails wipe their anuses well..sorry but not sorry.
                                  - I find it super hypocritical when plus sized women prefer dating skinny men but get upset when skinny men don't want to date plus sized women.
                                  - There is nothing wrong saying no to friends/family who ask for money, you're not obligated to.
                                  Current Arsenal:

Comment

Ad down

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X