yobit.net eobot.com digifinex
  • Thank you for visiting DiscoverXS your pheromone research community.
    If this is your first visit please register so you can join the community: click the Sign Up link above to proceed.
    To start viewing messages, please login and select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD IN POSts

Collapse

Holy Smell Batman!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

androstenol I think you are being humble. You seem more experienced than I think you're revealing.

Comment

• androstenol
      androstenol commented
      Editing a comment
      < nods softly and is not new to pheros...but is a new learner of the products here.

I would suggest you go to the mall and find a Perfumania or similar store, and start smelling fragrances... you'll want to use coffee beans between each one, and remember that no matter what, your sniffer will be burnt out after five or six. So leave and come back in 30 to 60 minutes and smell some more.

Also, don't buy anything until you have tested it on your skin and concluded that you like the drydown. And the top, and the heart notes. I recommend against buying more than 50 mL at a time.

Fragrance is a very personal thing. Nobody can choose one for you but you. But...

Be aware that there is (usually) a VERY big difference between what you will end up with if you buy it because YOU like it, versus buying it because women like it. Pick one of those two goals, and make sure your perfume counter assistant knows what that goal is.

Comment

Also I find 4 hours is a cut off. If the scent still smells pleasing to me at 4 hours, then it will likely continue to do so. Over 90% of the ones I try start off smelling fairly good, only to smell sour or overly floral within 2 hours. Others will be gone within 3 hours. Some seem to stay on even when I shower and scrub.

Trying to pick one for a woman you like? Might want to bring her with you.

Trying to find one women like? I find it's like trying to predict the unknown preferences of an unknown person. Besides, it might smell good to her one day and awful the next. I just get something I like.

Comment

Originally posted by Xcc View Post
        Also I find 4 hours is a cut off. If the scent still smells pleasing to me at 4 hours, then it will likely continue to do so. Over 90% of the ones I try start off smelling fairly good, only to smell sour or overly floral within 2 hours. Others will be gone within 3 hours. Some seem to stay on even when I shower and scrub.

Trying to pick one for a woman you like? Might want to bring her with you.

Trying to find one women like? I find it's like trying to predict the unknown preferences of an unknown person. Besides, it might smell good to her one day and awful the next. I just get something I like.
        Sadly, the easiest way to know what "women like" is to simply buy from the Perfumania "top ten sellers". As a general rule of thumb, if it's played out, it's a good choice for that. Think stuff like Aqua di Gio. Safe and universally loved by women (or at least it's original formulation was), but hardly unique.

Generally, females between the ages of 0 and dead like fresh scents, especially citrusy scents. Scents that focus primarily in "sweet" do well up to around 25 year old women, and then start to fall away in numbers. Spicy generally is more of interest starting at around 25. Same with predominantly woody. Leathery starts being of interest around 20, if it's fresh or sweet, and the dryer, darker, or spicier, the older. Some heavily leathery scents are genuine lady killers, but they are typically too much for the young 'uns.

If you're trying to attract women 30s+, you can go for more dark, dry, heavily spicy and/or boldly animalic. Floral... well, I'm not a big wearer of florals, so I can't comment. Keep in mind that these are rules of thumb, not set in stone. This is what I have observed to be true in the United States. I'm not accounting for cultural differences. Different cultures will have different preferences; for example, the French tend to like their fragrances heavy, animalic and dirty compared to Americans, who are obsessed with "clean" everything.

Most fragrances these days that are commercially available are focused on fresh, sweet, floral. It's hard to find something that is genuinely and boldly masculine. That's actually a big part of why I started creating fragrances.

Women can smell "expensive". If you want your fragrance to be a lady killer then you should focus on fragrances that get consistently good reviews and start around $80. Price is, of course, no guarantee that women will like it, but the ~$100 to ~$400 a bottle range is considered "higher end", and will start using rare and expensive ingredients that make a difference, and have effort put into their creation that also makes a difference. You can (very roughly) break it down like this:

$10 to ~$40: Good enough scents (scent, quality, longevity, etc.) Tends to "smell good", but not really attract much interest or attention.
        ~$40 to ~$80: Good to very good scents. Tends to attract the interest of above average looking women you might meet at the typical mall, bar or club.
        ~$80 to ~$150: Very good to exceptional scents. Tends to attract the interest of wealthy and beautiful women.
        ~$150 to ~$400+: Exceptional to stunning/excellent scents. Tends to attract the interest of the most wealthy and beautiful of women.

(Keep in mind also that a woman may be turned off by a fragrance that smells too low class or too high class compared to what she considers her normal. So wearing a $300 fragrance in the ghetto won't necessarily work, and wearing a $10 fragrance to a black tie millionaire's event won't either.)

Again, this is a rough sketch, since niche perfumers and niche houses may charge some very high prices for fragrances that may not be all that.

But all this only becomes more confusing when you consider that in every price range, there will be "sleeper scents" that offer unexpected exceptional value. For example, Creed's Silver Mountain Water is currently priced in the $300+ a bottle range, and it is a lady killer (for the right woman), but you can get something very similar in Al Rehab Silver. You know what I paid for my bottle of Al Rehab Silver? Shipped, it was under $5. Yes, you read that right. And this is something that smells virtually identical to SMW, but is missing perhaps one or two of the ingredients SMW original uses. It lasts longer than SMW too. But in my opinion, it does smell more synthetic, and not quite as good. That said, I really don't like either one for myself. But one is a hell of a lot better value for the price than the other one is. Yet, regardless of value, the SMW will blow away Al Rehab compared side by side when you are trying to attract a wealthy or exceptionally beautiful woman.

So don't assume anything based on price until you smell it, and see how it performs on your skin and with your chemistry. What smells amazing on you may smell like a skunk farted on me.

And XCC makes a great point that if you like it after about 4 hours, you'll almost certainly like it. I suggest aiming for a scent that lasts on you for at least 4 hours, and I prefer 6 over 4 and 8 over 6. So I suggest getting samples and skin testing them before getting a full sized bottle of anything over about $60. Consider the high end fragrances an investment. They are not going to do it all for you, but they will certainly improve your odds.

And last but not least... does it do what you want it to do? I have a bottle of Sacred Woods by Kilian, and it's a beautiful sandalwood scent. Very expensive ($275 IIRC), lasts beautifully, and is very calming for me (which is why I wear it). But even at it's price point, it can't cover copulins for shit. My $60 bottle of Sexual Sugar Daddy is much better for that. Then again, so is my $350 bottle of Tobacco Vanille.

Tobacco Vanille will cover anything, and lasts forever. It's a projection beast. But... it's never my go to for attracting women sexually. It loses out to Sexual Sugar Daddy on that one, because TV was designed to smell good, be classy and last, not be sexy. SSD was designed to be an aphrodisiac.

Okay, I just realized I am rambling. I'll stop now. Hope this is helpful.
        Last edited by Catlord17; 12-14-2016, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Catlord17 View Post
          $10 to ~$40: Good enough scents (scent, quality, longevity, etc.) Tends to "smell good", but not really attract much interest or attention.
          ~$40 to ~$80: Good to very good scents. Tends to attract the interest of above average looking women you might meet at the typical mall, bar or club.
          ~$80 to ~$150: Very good to exceptional scents. Tends to attract the interest of wealthy and beautiful women.
          ~$150 to ~$400+: Exceptional to stunning/excellent scents. Tends to attract the interest of the most wealthy and beautiful of women.
          Catlord17 I know you are busy so thank you for being so generous in sharing your knowledge.

I have questions that I should hope more than a few people are wondering about.

First where might we find the 80 to 150 and the 150 to 400 scents?

Also where can we find the imitations for such expensive fragrances?

Brands? I know there is Tom Ford and Creed. But what others?

I know that for the "expensive" scents at the mall, I can go to Walmart and find the imitations by Belcam. It's about 25% the cost.
          Last edited by Xcc; 12-19-2016, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Yes, imitations! Xcc those walmart imitations have been a god send to someone on a tight budget like me. Thank you. After years and years of one commercial scent until it runs out, and then another one util it runs out, I know have a counter of 4 scents. Modest, I know, but a huge step up. You have helped me as much as I have helped myself in the pheromone/cologne game. Thanks again.
            I've tried much more, but these are my current, or most used mones:
            Spray- XiSt, Evolve, SOB, Ascend, Celebrity, Cohesion, PSE, P86, P96, P75, P130
            Oil- XiSt, Taboo, Evolve, Ascend, Api, Voodoo

Comment

Ragnar Lothbrook Remember to look in the mirror and thank the true genius behind the success...

Now about those scents at Walmart, yes at the one down the street from me there is a whole row! Imitations of Obsession, Cool Waters, Drakkar Noir, Hugo Boss, 3 or 4 Polos, etc. All imitations and all smell fairly close! Some I think even smell better on me than the originals! Some even last longer than the originals!

The Acqua Di Gio Purfume (for men) imitation is cheaper than the Acqua Di Gio imitation. Odd because the original Acqua Di Gio Purfume (for men) sells for much more than the original Acqua Di Gio!

They also have women's and unisex fragrances.

You might want to check out the Belcam website to see if there are others you might like.

I'd also encourage you to read this...

Even if you are on a budget you could still sample higher end fragrances to know what Belcam scents might smell good on you and also prepare for when you have more money!

Comment

Originally posted by KIMBA View Post
                I do not smell the piss. Everyone else does. More than one situation of people thinking I smell awful.
                Kimba's last post on this forum. His last post on pherotruth was 2014. Looks like he got tired of smelling like piss and left the forums.

I can relate. I can't smell pheromones either so I really have no idea how badly I stink. This is why I stopped wearing SOB but I'm thinking about saying fuck it and starting to wear it again.

Comment

Wasn't KIMBA working on a PU book or website or something? Must have worked out for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Scottie2Hottie View Post
                    Wasn't KIMBA working on a PU book or website or something? Must have worked out for him.
                    Who knows
                    Pheromone XS
                    Oil: evolve, xist
                    Spray: Xist, Evolve, cohesion, sob

Comment

I have experimented with mixing my pheros lately with 100% Shea butter to hid the piss smell, the product created is still half malleable when mixed together. I stared with the oils mones. It somehow neutralizes the piss smell. More tests required...
                      : : END TRANSMISSION : :

Comment

Originally posted by EMPYREAL View Post
                        I have experimented with mixing my pheros lately with 100% Shea butter to hid the piss smell, the product created is still half malleable when mixed together. I stared with the oils mones. It somehow neutralizes the piss smell. More tests required...
                        it could be that it has no diffusion. In that case they are useless
                        Pheromone XS
                        Oil: evolve, xist
                        Spray: Xist, Evolve, cohesion, sob

Comment

• Jimmy42
                          Jimmy42 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yes I would also be concerned about this very thing. Slippery phero glue.

I dont ever get funny smells like this except when I first spray SOB.
                        XS - Xist oil, Cohesion oil, API oil, Taboo oil, Ascend w cops, Evolve, Connections, Love Boat, Exotica, P96, Crush sample, SOB sample, Barely Legal sample, XSport sample.

A314 rev 32 oil, IG, IS, P86, A314 spray.

Comment

Originally posted by Scottie2Hottie View Post
                          I thought it was being given away with order here a few years back.
                          XS - Xist oil, Cohesion oil, API oil, Taboo oil, Ascend w cops, Evolve, Connections, Love Boat, Exotica, P96, Crush sample, SOB sample, Barely Legal sample, XSport sample.

A314 rev 32 oil, IG, IS, P86, A314 spray.

Comment

Ad down

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X