AD IN POSts

Collapse

Which is your favorite PheromoneXS cover scent?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MrGoodbar714
    Sexual Sugar Daddy


    DiscoverXS True Story Teller
    • Oct 2013
    • 338
    • 196
    • 398

    #1

    Which is your favorite PheromoneXS cover scent?

    Like the title reads, which is your favorite PXS cover scent and why? I currently have two mones from PXS, one in nobility and the other in pepper/nutmeg. I had read a lot of posts from guys saying they liked pepper/nutmeg but after giving it a go last week, I can't say I'm too fond of the scent. Not that I hate it, It's just a little too peppery for me. I do like nobility, it does though have a slight "sting" to it. So lets hear it fellas, your takes on these scents.
  • XyzN
    Phero'd up!


    DiscoverXS True Story Teller
    • Jun 2013
    • 368
    • 339
    • 148

    #2
    My order:
    1.) FXS - Safest scent to use. It's light and crisp. Easiest to cover imo if you wanted to.
    2.) P&N - A scent in its own field. Boldest and hardest hitting on people. Scent lasts the longest. "Can" become overwhelming though with too long exposure.
    3.) Nobility - Kind of like FXS, but not as crisp.
    4.) Oud - Lighter than air. Gets a "baby powder" like smell. Good for trying to calm those around you.
    5.) Musk - Idk.

    Comment

    • MrGoodbar714
      Sexual Sugar Daddy


      DiscoverXS True Story Teller
      • Oct 2013
      • 338
      • 196
      • 398

      #3
      Thanks Xyzn! I do kind of agree with you on P&N. I think the scent itself can be an opener because it is so distinct. I have flirt in P&N and haven't tested it much so maybe I should do some more testing to give it a fair shake. I'm thinking of throwing some on now before heading to the gym.

      Comment

      • phertest
        Member


        DiscoverXS Posts Alot
        • Jun 2013
        • 36
        • 31
        • 10

        #4
        I originally liked pepper/nutmeg because it was strong and seemed to hit the senses blatantly... but over time I began getting insect spray/repellant comments so I stopped using it. Especially giant sprays from the 30ml bottle! I am a fan of FXS now though.

        Comment

        • MrGoodbar714
          Sexual Sugar Daddy


          DiscoverXS True Story Teller
          • Oct 2013
          • 338
          • 196
          • 398

          #5
          I just got my order today for some betas and I chose nobility because I already have XiSt in nobility and plan on pairing the betas with XiSt (glad i didn't get it in p/n). Pepper/nutmeg is such a strong and distinct scent, and to be honest I don't really see how a female can like that sent. Maybe more nutmeg is needed idk. Just my opinion...

          Comment

          • phertest
            Member


            DiscoverXS Posts Alot
            • Jun 2013
            • 36
            • 31
            • 10

            #6
            Agreed MrGoodBear -- sometimes people are so up themselves that what they think smells good will smell good to others. Especially fragrance snobs on basenotes. Always kissing ass to kouros and aramis and other played out colognes... well hello!?! its a new decade, move on. How about choose something that is pleasant to women instead of yourself. In this case, I thought P&N would be great for most women... turns out they were just too polite to mention the smell was not cool. Its not repulsive, just not well recieved by a lot of company IME. FXS is pretty awesome though... easy to cover or run solo Gotta try out the fragrance sampler sometime soon

            Comment

            • 7omislav


              DiscoverXS Posts Alot
              • Aug 2013
              • 49
              • 61
              • 35

              #7
              @phertest I disagree, I have A*Men cologne from Thierry Mugler and when I have it on a lot of girls compliment me on my smell but I hate its chocolate-vanilla-candy smell and I would never wear it everyday

              As for XS scents I tried only FXS and I love its fresh and citrusy smell

              Comment


              • right_mr
                right_mr commented
                Editing a comment
                Apparently ladies love chocolate and caramel...get ready for some hickies...
            • phertest
              Member


              DiscoverXS Posts Alot
              • Jun 2013
              • 36
              • 31
              • 10

              #8
              7omislav, you're entitled to your own beliefs. I honestly think those colognes should be quarantined to the decade they were created in, but each to their own I tried A* Men a few weeks ago, and was in utter disbelief that it gets such a hugely positive rating online -- I found it abnoxious and repulsive. I gave it a fair shot too and waited for the dry down to see what all the hypes about. 4 hours in, and its weird mash of smells stills haunted my nose... I understand that its a niche fragrance, but I'd prefer to stick with something that the majority of people (especially younger women) will find pleasant.

              Comment


              • Ekscentra
                Ekscentra commented
                Editing a comment
                Hugely positive rating? I wouldn't say that at all. If anything, A*Men is one of the most polarizing fragrances out there.

              • Ekscentra
                Ekscentra commented
                Editing a comment
                By the way, Thierry Mugler is a designer house, not niche. In niche, there are things far more abstract than A*Men, that I am quite sure of.
            • 7omislav


              DiscoverXS Posts Alot
              • Aug 2013
              • 49
              • 61
              • 35

              #9
              So, basicly we agree
              A*Men is an abnoxious and repulsive smelling cologne
              FXS is pretty good scent

              But we are digressing from the main theme here and that is PheromoneXS cover scents...

              Comment

              • XSteveO
                Wizard of Love
                DiscoverXS Posting God
                • May 2013
                • 2287
                • 3,815
                • 1,861

                #10
                I like to use 2/3 my stuff in Oud and 1/3 in P/N. They just mix really well for me.

                Steve O
                PLEASE DON'T PRIVATE MESSAGE ME. I'M MONTHS BEHIND.


                This is my passion and my goal: to change the world, 1 person at a time, by empowering them with knowledge, know-how and the products that give them the ability to live their dreams.

                A dream or vision is only a pretty picture without the passion and willingness to get your ass kicked chasing after it.

                discoverXS is our adventure story! Thank you for being a part of it


                Pheromone Questions? (I like to answer the phones)
                Pheromone Answer Line: +1(901)-328-6433

                Comment

                • MrGoodbar714
                  Sexual Sugar Daddy


                  DiscoverXS True Story Teller
                  • Oct 2013
                  • 338
                  • 196
                  • 398

                  #11
                  I might get SOB in FXS next. Would you guys say FXS meshes well with nobility? Almost all my mones are in nobility, is why I ask. Another thing I was wondering is... How bout seasonal fragrances? Meaning specifically for the fall/winter. Like a pumpkin spice or peppermint or whatever have you. I may ask some girls in class next week about their thoughts on men's fragrances as an opener. Also if there are any ladies here in the forum that would like to chime in on this topic.

                  Comment

                  • Shakes


                    DiscoverXS True Story Teller
                    • Jun 2013
                    • 257
                    • 286
                    • 270

                    #12
                    Wearing a fragrance is dependent on what you're trying to achieve. Sometimes you just gotta wear what makes you feel good, even if everyone else is going to hate it. My girl hates Amen, but I still wear it once in a while in the winter. It smells awesome after about 8 hours!! LOL Until that point I agree, it's obnoxious. Wearing scent for attraction and with pheros, yes, other people will respond better if they like your scent. Burberry London is a very nice fall/winter scent in my opinion. I don't think FXS and Nobility mesh too well, but that's just me and my nose. You could always get it in concentrate and follow *your* nose. I've added some concentrates to some of my unscented mones with great results and you can find them for most mainstream scents. Usually they smell very very close to the original scent, if not exactly.

                    Comment

                    • MrGoodbar714
                      Sexual Sugar Daddy


                      DiscoverXS True Story Teller
                      • Oct 2013
                      • 338
                      • 196
                      • 398

                      #13
                      My experiences with colognes are... Realm, Curve, and Cool Water... That's it lol... I just don't want to have to strong of a scent. I don't even know where to begin really. I'm thinking of just sticking to SteveO's covers because they aren't so intrusive. Idk, we shall see...

                      Comment

                      • 2000GT
                        Moderator
                        DiscoverXS Old Timer
                        • Jun 2013
                        • 742
                        • 751
                        • 764

                        #14
                        Personally, I prefer Sultan's Oud. I find it to be quite good on its own. I've tried pepper/nutmeg but find it to be too peppery for my olfactory tastes. The problem with most of these scents, just like colognes, is that what smells good to one person, smells differently to another. Body chemistry plays a huge role in how the scent's final projection...projects. Case in point, I have Bois Du Portugal from Creed. It doesn't smell too interesting in the bottle but once applied to my skin, it smells quite a bit different and pleasing. My reasons for Oud is I find it to be smooth, not overbearing and I've gotten compliments from it in the past. Also, I've found that the other scents don't seem to work as well with my body chem, nor does the effectiveness of the pheros work very well if I have them unscented. Using my own cologne hasn't done squat and I've tried cologne based oils, not the same either. Plus there's also the fact that Steve tends to use it and hasn't had any issues. Normally I would say, it's just a matter of personal taste but given the fact that the man has developed all of these formulas himself, chose this particular scent and seems to like it enough to use it with his personal mixes, as well as the fact it works for me too, who am I to argue?

                        Comment

                        • MrGoodbar714
                          Sexual Sugar Daddy


                          DiscoverXS True Story Teller
                          • Oct 2013
                          • 338
                          • 196
                          • 398

                          #15
                          Nice assessment and I agree with most of what you said. P/N is also too peppery for me as well. I will have to ask SteveO for a scent pack next order. So let me ask this... When using a cover scent (other cologne) do you apply the mones first, then the cologne on top? Do you wait a few minutes? I'm used to AD's products, and Axcite which is already marketed as a cologne, so I'm not sure what the best way is.

                          Comment

                          • 2000GT
                            Moderator
                            DiscoverXS Old Timer
                            • Jun 2013
                            • 742
                            • 751
                            • 764

                            #16
                            Well, now I have opted to use Steve's Sultan's Oud and it's not a good one to layer with another cologne unless it's of a similar vibe (Creed's Bois Du Portugal or Original Santal for example). You can go unscented. Some people it works great for them. For me it doesn't. As to your question, my personal experience has to spray pheros on one spot, cologne on another spot close by so that way there's nothing to inhibit the dispersion of the pheros. But that's my personal view. Others may think differently.

                            Comment

                            • XyzN
                              Phero'd up!


                              DiscoverXS True Story Teller
                              • Jun 2013
                              • 368
                              • 339
                              • 148

                              #17
                              My older co-worker buddy wore some sort of pepper cologne one day to work, I complimented him on it as I have P&N myself lol and imo, smells nice.

                              Comment

                              • MrGoodbar714
                                Sexual Sugar Daddy


                                DiscoverXS True Story Teller
                                • Oct 2013
                                • 338
                                • 196
                                • 398

                                #18
                                XyzN maybe he was wearing connections in P/N!? ;P

                                Comment

                                • right_mr
                                  The Mone Collector


                                  DiscoverXS Posts Alot
                                  • Jun 2013
                                  • 32
                                  • 27
                                  • 56

                                  #19
                                  I think my favourite is sultans oud. It covers the more smelly mones like ascend and APi perfectly . I have ascend and cohesion in pepper and nutmeg too but tend to avoid that because the scent makes me feel like I have been cooking something in the kitchen.

                                  Comment

                                  • MrGoodbar714
                                    Sexual Sugar Daddy


                                    DiscoverXS True Story Teller
                                    • Oct 2013
                                    • 338
                                    • 196
                                    • 398

                                    #20
                                    Right_Mr... I've heard Sultans Oud smells anywhere from baby powder to musky to a middle eastern type of scent (didn't like the Middle East at all). Maybe the scent slightly changes as it settles idk. The more I try pepper/nutmeg the more I dislike it, and the more I try nobility the more I love it! Nobility to me almost has a sweet cinnamony type of scent. It surprisingly last awhile IMO.

                                    Comment


                                    • right_mr
                                      right_mr commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      fair point, it isnt for everyone. l like it because it isn't Overpowering like some other Ouds . FXS or nobility are lighter and very nice

                                  Ad down

                                  Collapse
                                  Working...