yobit.net eobot.com digifinex
  • Thank you for visiting DiscoverXS your pheromone research community.
    If this is your first visit please register so you can join the community: click the Sign Up link above to proceed.
    To start viewing messages, please login and select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD IN POSts

Collapse

Fragrances once again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fragrances once again

I used to be unconcerned with fragrances. I just used essential oils. Then I read idle posts

For Men We're going to add several selections to the store of commercial fragrance options. I'll be looking into acquiring high-quality knockoffs (as I'm

For Men We're going to add several selections to the store of commercial fragrance options. I'll be looking into acquiring high-quality knockoffs (as I'm

Catlord17 posts were also helpful

My Biggest Gripe on any pheromone is reeking like piss while wearing pheromones. So I would like input by others on how you cope / cover it up. I have all

My Biggest Gripe on any pheromone is reeking like piss while wearing pheromones. So I would like input by others on how you cope / cover it up. I have all
    idle is super smart!

7) Catlord17 is a perfumer.

8) When you make a decision about what you want to buy... then wait a week before buying it. Seriously, I wished I'd done that more. During the week you are waiting, I'd encourage you to go back to the store and sample again what you want to buy. Make very sure it smells good on you after 5 minutes, 20 minutes, 1 hour, 4 hours, 6 hours, etc... (Remember checking every 20 or so.) Also, keep trying other scents during that week because you might find ones you like better. Unfortunately, I bought some fairly high end scents that smell really good on me but there are others I liked better.

9) Of all the scents I've sampled, only about 8 have smelled really good on me continually and past the 4 hours mark. Most ended up smelling very bland. Some smelled awful! It didn't seem to matter if it was an imitation like Belcam or something high end or something mid range priced. In fact, this week I sampled 11 and only 1 smelled really good on me continually as well as 4 hours later.

10) There are sites that sell sample bottles of expensive scents in case you want to try them before you buy them and can't find samples on ebay.

11) I stay away from limited edition scents. I thought about it and getting a limited edition seems illogical. If I like a limited edition scent, how am I going to find another bottle? Also the price is usually a lot more. So I'd be paying a lot of money for something that if I like it I may not be able to get it again. Sounds like buying a limited edition would be setting myself up for disappointment rather than experiencing the elitism of having something exclusive.

Some useful information right here so thanks. Have you noticed any difference in the effects of the mones depending on what cover scent you have used?

Comment

I've tried several different types of fragrances, from oils to solids to imitations. Quick summary of opinions:

Oil-based imitation colognes - very hit or miss...I like the longevity but sadly I've received some comments about wearing imitations and how wearers of imitations aren't perceived well. Also, cost effective unless you're using The Fragrance Shop oils.

Solid colognes - last long but project very low. Doesn't do well as a cover. Easy and cheap to make your own if you don't like the few choices out there or the lack of availability to smell before buying (I tried Solid State Colognes)

Originals - unfortunately, I've found these to be the best. TJ Maxx and Marshalls sells them at a big discount (especially at the clearance section) and are genuine. I'd second Xcc's suggestion to sample a ton before buying. Kohl's, Ulta, Sephora and the outlet malls usually have good selections to sample. Wild range of longevity and projection..fragrantica helps a lot here. I've gotten some really nice ones (john varvatos artisan) for $8 on clearance here.

My current fragrances comes from one of the cologne-of-the-month arrangements. It is relatively expensive but your commitment is low and the choices are vast and unique. The reason I go this option is because you get to try higher end colognes. Then when you inevitably get asked what cologne you're wearing, your answer impresses a lot of girls. Another benefit is, these come in small portable spray containers so it's easy to carry anywhere. You'll rarely have to worry about longevity since it's so easy to re-apply anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST View Post
        Some useful information right here so thanks. Have you noticed any difference in the effects of the mones depending on what cover scent you have used?
        GHOST Great question! I haven't but there might be. I would guess it would be through diffusion.

I suppose I could keep the application points separate. The other issue is certain smells can influence people's emotions.

Complex question!

Comment

Originally posted by f150 View Post
          I've tried several different types of fragrances, from oils to solids to imitations. Quick summary of opinions:

Oil-based imitation colognes - very hit or miss...I like the longevity but sadly I've received some comments about wearing imitations and how wearers of imitations aren't perceived well. Also, cost effective unless you're using The Fragrance Shop oils.

Solid colognes - last long but project very low. Doesn't do well as a cover. Easy and cheap to make your own if you don't like the few choices out there or the lack of availability to smell before buying (I tried Solid State Colognes)

Originals - unfortunately, I've found these to be the best. TJ Maxx and Marshalls sells them at a big discount (especially at the clearance section) and are genuine. I'd second Xcc's suggestion to sample a ton before buying. Kohl's, Ulta, Sephora and the outlet malls usually have good selections to sample. Wild range of longevity and projection..fragrantica helps a lot here. I've gotten some really nice ones (john varvatos artisan) for $8 on clearance here.

My current fragrances comes from one of the cologne-of-the-month arrangements. It is relatively expensive but your commitment is low and the choices are vast and unique. The reason I go this option is because you get to try higher end colognes. Then when you inevitably get asked what cologne you're wearing, your answer impresses a lot of girls. Another benefit is, these come in small portable spray containers so it's easy to carry anywhere. You'll rarely have to worry about longevity since it's so easy to re-apply anywhere.
          f150 Great ideas!

With the discount shops like TJ Maxx and so forth, some of those colognes are discontinued. Also look very closely at what you are buying. Is it body spray? Cologne? Eau de toilette? Look VERY carefully at the package! Some may have been sitting in a warehouse for years. They can still smell good, but I want to pass that on to you all because it's not like they inform you of that at the store.

From what I understand those imitation oils can be very hit and miss. The imitations by Belcam (the ones I've tried) seem to work really well.

I've also just got done trying 4 fragrances by a well known brand that goes for $300+ per a 4 ounce bottle and they all smelled mediocre on me. Save yourself some money and SAMPLE SAMPLE SAMPLE, or you might be out $$$$ and feel really angry! Please read that sentence again... yes, some of those $60 to $150 scents you can get at the mall smelled better on me than the super high end ones! Who would have thought?

Comment

Ad down

Collapse
          Working...
          X