yobit.net eobot.com digifinex
  • Thank you for visiting DiscoverXS your pheromone research community.
    If this is your first visit please register so you can join the community: click the Sign Up link above to proceed.
    To start viewing messages, please login and select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD IN POSts

Collapse

What do you do for fitness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today my workout was shoveling snow for 2.5 hours. Good times!
    Bad Wolf

Comment

More snow shoveling and walking today.

I've been hitting the racquetball a fair bit lately.

I am planning to get a ping pong table and pair it with a table tennis robot.
      Bad Wolf

Comment

Bad Wolf

Comment

Going to Body Pump, now!
          Bad Wolf

Comment

A spammer bumped this thread and the posts will probably be deleted, but it's an interesting topic. I'm glad so many of us are exercising.

I work out with weights four days a week and also do a cardio workout a couple of times a week. I have a stepper at home that I use for about an hour at a time while working along with foreign language lessons or listening to other educational materials.

I like Athlean-X and am following that program.

Comment

• KateD
              KateD commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't believe you. I need a pic for proof.

• Nick
              Nick commented
              Editing a comment
              Maybe when I finally get my six-pack abs showing.

Spambot has been removed. Thanks for the heads up

Comment

• KateD
              KateD commented
              Editing a comment
              dead, dead GONE!

Yeah, don't overtrain.

I do rock climbing which is great for functional strength and core. Also, the people that go there look good and some don't do much else besides climb.

I also do interval training. The idea is to get your heart rate as high as possible for 30-60 seconds. Go at peak intensity until you are completely exhausted and can't do any more. Use the elliptical machine for a full body workout or alternate between large muscle groups like legs, core, arms in order to get your heart rate really high before your muscles give out. Then rest until you're back to baseline, even if it's 5-6 minutes of rest.

Doing this for 20 minutes, even if you're only at peak intensity for 2-3 minutes, has more benefits than 40 minutes of cardio. It will boost your metabolism, improve your mood, enhance your sex drive, give you energy, and increase endurance and strength. The science behind this is quite sound even though it hasn't caught on to the mainstream.

Again, don't overdo it, though. Eating lots of food has more benefits than training. Just go hard but keep the workout short. Avoid cardio. It's not good for you.

Comment

All of you are just so awesome and I need to work up more discipline to not stop when I start excercising. I work my fingers at the keyboard, I walk around the house and to the supermarket. Most importantly the constant work out of getting the food in and out of my mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by dorfmeister View Post
                What is your fitness regimen?

I do a fitness class every day and walk anywhere from 5 to 10 miles a day.

I've been doing Body Pump twice a week, Trx three times a week, Spinning twice a week.

I also do yoga as often as I can fit it
                I used P90X and running for the morning!

Comment

Originally posted by NP17 View Post
                  Yeah, don't overtrain.

I do rock climbing which is great for functional strength and core. Also, the people that go there look good and some don't do much else besides climb.

I also do interval training. The idea is to get your heart rate as high as possible for 30-60 seconds. Go at peak intensity until you are completely exhausted and can't do any more. Use the elliptical machine for a full body workout or alternate between large muscle groups like legs, core, arms in order to get your heart rate really high before your muscles give out. Then rest until you're back to baseline, even if it's 5-6 minutes of rest.

Doing this for 20 minutes, even if you're only at peak intensity for 2-3 minutes, has more benefits than 40 minutes of cardio. It will boost your metabolism, improve your mood, enhance your sex drive, give you energy, and increase endurance and strength. The science behind this is quite sound even though it hasn't caught on to the mainstream.

Again, don't overdo it, though. Eating lots of food has more benefits than training. Just go hard but keep the workout short. Avoid cardio. It's not good for you.
                  cardio no is good, why? :(

Comment

He should have just said that high-intensity intervals provide a better benefit-to-time ratio. It's certainly more efficient. I'd say that a mixture of "all-of-the-above," is your best bet. Weight train, do HIIT, and do light/moderate cardio.

I take issue with marathon runners because it's so hard on your body, but other than that there's nothing unhealthy about jogging for exercise.

Comment

Is this thread for the ladies as well or do I have to open my own. In the health center where I do my wax, pedicures and manicures a new type of alternative doc popped into one of the empty rooms.

I had a chat with her and it turns out sitting all day to work was the same as smoking. I have also been struggling to stay on health path and get my body back in shape.

Right now am trying to stay away from too much processed foods and work out at night because am not a morning person.

The main area of concern is my legs and tummy! I am all ears for suggestions bearing in mind I have a pretty hectic life and I want to hear the ladies experiences as well and their feedback.

Comment

Lately I have been jumping on a Bellicon mini-trampoline.
                        Bad Wolf

Comment

Kate, I don't see why the ladies can't be involved!

I am a certified personal trainer and have a B.S. in Exercise Science. Everyone has areas of their body they aren't happy with - for me, it's the love handles. If your issue with you tummy & thighs is fat, there's only one solution. Eat less and move more. You can work those two areas until you're blue in the face, but when it comes to changing the body, it happens by either gaining muscle or losing fat. Both at the same time is tough - we call that body recomposition, or "recomp," for short.

I would suggest losing fat first. Doing anything you find enjoyable is key. It's the only way you'll stick with it. Whether that means joining a group exercise class like yoga, Zumba, body pump, spin class, or working out with weights. Perhaps it's all-of-the-above, haha. Maybe it'll only be walking.

The one thing people don't really understand is that diet is the most important. That's not to say, "Go on a diet." It just means, "Eat less." My advice would be to simply increase your intake of lean protein and fiber. Just make sure it's something you can stick with. You may choose to do something...drastic, like a fad diet. The problem with those is they usually are not sustainable changes for the long-term. You get burned out, and go back to what you were doing.

For now, perhaps start using something like MyFitnessPal and track your calories to see what you're doing now. I think if people track their calories accurately, they may be surprised at how quickly things can get out of hand.

I'm happy to help further, but I think I've blabbed enough for now.

P.S. - Since you sit all day, try to get up every 20 minutes for a minute or two.

Comment

• KateD
                            KateD commented
                            Editing a comment
                            You are my new personal virtual trainer <3 You didn't bab enough. I am all ears hun

• RTBoss
                            RTBoss commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Ha, sounds good!

I have been using hypnosis tracks lately to shift my mindset about food. Hypnosis can really work. I have been keeping my food intake to about 1800 calories and have cut out nearly all sugar and most carbs without any hunger and have lost about 10 lbs in the last two weeks.
                          Bad Wolf

Comment

I agree, hypnosis works.

To any reading posts, however, you don't have to cut out sugar and carbs to lose weight. In fact, some of that weight is going to be glycogen and water - that's what happens the first week you go low carb. Just an FYI.

Comment

Originally posted by RTBoss View Post
                              I agree, hypnosis works.

To any reading posts, however, you don't have to cut out sugar and carbs to lose weight. In fact, some of that weight is going to be glycogen and water - that's what happens the first week you go low carb. Just an FYI.
                              Sure. I just find that most of the things I crave are carbohydrates. The most important factor for success for me has been limiting calories.
                              Bad Wolf

Comment

Exactly - and furthermore, doing something that works for you. Too many people try to change to a lifestyle that feels like swimming upstream. That gets tiring after awhile!

Comment

OK so more about me and my likes and desires.I love food, healthy or junk once it tastes good am in and I have my moments esp when working late I just want fries, burgers, fry chicken etc.

I love bread, pastries. Not so much on the sweet side but more salty , tangy stuff.

The sitting I try to battle with getting up walking around the small apt for any and everything. Can you elaborate on the lean protein and fibre. What is lean protein?

My mom started me off on chicken and veggies , then I had someone else say cut of the chicken since it is loaded with hormones and other bad stuff and it takes a while to digest.

Again, I am targeting the tummy and lower body, thick thighs

Comment

Lean protein:

Whey isolate/concentrate
                                    Ham (the lean deli variety, not ham steak)
                                    Chicken breast
                                    Turkey breast
                                    Reduced fat or fat free cottage cheese
                                    No or low fat Greek yogurt (I love the new Oikos Triple Zero - high protein/high prebiotic fiber and creeaaaamy)
                                    Eggs in moderation, or egg whites unlimited
                                    Shrimp
                                    Scallops
                                    Fish like cod, tilapia, chunk light tuna in water - though fatty fish like salmon and trout have a nice amount of good omega-3 fatty acids
                                    Eye of Round beef
                                    Lean ground beef (at least 85% lean), ground sirloin
                                    lean ground turkey/chicken
                                    pork chops/lean pork loin

Insoluble Fiber:
                                    Broccoli
                                    Asparagus
                                    Lettuce
                                    Brussel Sprouts
                                    Mushrooms
                                    ...essentially, veggies!

Soluble Fiber:
                                    Oatmeal
                                    Fiber One cereal (not my fave, lol)
                                    Shredded wheat (I like my Frosted Mini-Wheats)

If you're just looking to lose weight, don't fall into the hormones/chemicals BS. Yes, perhaps for great health they should be avoided here and there, but for weight loss purposes, it doesn't mean a thing. Also, gluten-free is so over-hyped that new studies have come out showing that if you don't have Celiac disease (where you need to avoid all gluten) that going gluten-free can actually be harmful to your health. Gluten-free products are lower in fiber, vitamins, and minerals essential to good health.

Nothing wrong with burgers and fries. It's the amount that becomes a problem. Try a burger with a single patty, and a slice of cheese. It's the double 1/2 pound bacon burger with gouda cheese and sauteed mushrooms dripping grease everywhere that becomes a problem (when eaten regularly). Regarding fries, always get the small or "value" sized fry (if it's fast food). Skip the soda. Get iced tea (with no sweetener or artificial sweetener), diet soda, or ice water.

For me, I prefer lower fat diets because I can eat a greater volume of food. If my diet is high in fat - burgers, wings, fries - I still eat the same amount, but the calorie count gets much higher.

For instance, I love dark beers. My favorites have 200-300 calories in the apiece. But, when I'm cutting weight, I'll settle for a Busch Light or Coors Light. That way, I can have 6 beers for less than 600 calories, instead of 6 beers for 1300 calories. Big difference.

Or like my mother-in-law, who was stuffing her face with pie, says to me, "How do you lose weight if you're drinking all that beer?"
                                    Me: "Easy. I'd rather have 6 beers than 1 piece of pie. I pick my poison."

So losing weight, without giving up the things you love, is totally possible. You just have to watch what choices you're making, and when you're making them. If I have a 3000 calorie horrible eating day, the next day I'll fast and eat a lean protein and vegetable for dinner - then back to normal the next day. That evens the bad day out as if it didn't happen.

Blab enough for you?

Comment

Ad down

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X