yobit.net eobot.com digifinex
  • Thank you for visiting DiscoverXS your pheromone research community.
    If this is your first visit please register so you can join the community: click the Sign Up link above to proceed.
    To start viewing messages, please login and select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD IN POSts

Collapse

Building a Better You Reading List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building a Better You Reading List

This is something I've been doing in posts since I first started posting on any forum about any pheromone. I have read countless books and reports on self-improvement and want to share with the community. There are so many valuable books out there and then a whole lot of not so great. I'd like to see the community add their favorites and a short synopsis of why and how it has helped you.

I'm of the opinion this thread will be one of the most valuable threads in the entire forum. I thought about creating a channel (category) just for self help but also believe that might muddle the forum to much. For now it stays down here in the off-topic area but as a sticky. I would say that if its a book on game, for either sex, please use discretion when posting here. This is an area that everyone should be able to benefit from. That's not to say I didn't completely benefit from game books and have shared many with female friends. Just keep that in mind when posting. It should be something you would encourage a man or woman to read for self-improvement.

Steve O
    PLEASE DON'T PRIVATE MESSAGE ME. I'M MONTHS BEHIND.

This is my passion and my goal: to change the world, 1 person at a time, by empowering them with knowledge, know-how and the products that give them the ability to live their dreams.

A dream or vision is only a pretty picture without the passion and willingness to get your ass kicked chasing after it.

discoverXS is our adventure story! Thank you for being a part of it

Pheromone Questions? (I like to answer the phones)
    Pheromone Answer Line: +1(901)-328-6433

While I have lots and lots of books I'll be recommending along the way, I'm going to be starting this off with the one I am currently reading: Get Off Your But. When you see Sean you'll understand everything. Hope has never been bigger than this man. You can do everything and anything, BUT what's stopping you?

Here's a long video but you'll get an amazing perspective after you watch it. Its worth the 78 minutes. Every second of it

Steve O

This is my passion and my goal: to change the world, 1 person at a time, by empowering them with knowledge, know-how and the products that give them the ability to live their dreams.

A dream or vision is only a pretty picture without the passion and willingness to get your ass kicked chasing after it.

Comment

• Tigris
      Tigris commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!!! That was incredible!

• XSteveO
      XSteveO commented
      Editing a comment
      We lost Sean the other day. RIP my friend

Every day I read pieces of both The Tao Te Ching and Meditations by Marcus Aurelius. Both speak directly to the soul and stir beauty and peace within.

"Those who know don't talk, those who talk don't know." -The Tao Te Ching, Stephen Mitchell's Translation

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not fact. Everything we see is perception, not Truth" -Meditations

"Choose not to be harmed and you won't feel harmed. Don't feel harmed and you haven't been." -Meditations

Comment

Love me some Tao Te Ching and have the Wayne Dyer version with meditations. I tend to spend 15 minutes a day meditating but enjoy the silence of the experience now so I don't much listen to it anymore. I agree with you though as it was an important part of changing my inner dialogue.

Steve O

Comment

I really enjoyed Shawn Achors books and his rhoughts about happiness. He suggest some simple rules ro do every day to make you more happy. A very simple one I do often is to write down 3 things I was happy about that day, just before bed. Very easy and makes your mind look for the good stuff instead of the bad. (I'm not religious, but I think ir is one of the reasons people get something out of religion).

Comment

A while back Harvard offered an online course about happiness taught by professor Tal Ben-Shahar. It was, and is, one of the most popular and widely taken classes. At some point it was taken down from their free online catalog, presumably to make money. Fortunately for us, like all things born of this digital age, nothing on the internet is ever really gone. You can find all his lectures on youtube. Here's a link. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8C81DF39EF74EF87 It's lengthy, and I have yet to make it through all of them, but it's suppose to be a really good class. You can find all the companion books on Amazon if you really want to get into it.

Comment

Here's a link to the syllabus. http://isites.harvard.edu/fs/docs/ic...labus-2008.htm

Comment

Originally posted by MyopicMonkey View Post
              A while back Harvard offered an online course about happiness taught by professor Tal Ben-Shahar. It was, and is, one of the most popular and widely taken classes. At some point it was taken down from their free online catalog, presumably to make money. Fortunately for us, like all things born of this digital age, nothing on the internet is ever really gone. You can find all his lectures on youtube. Here's a link. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8C81DF39EF74EF87 It's lengthy, and I have yet to make it through all of them, but it's suppose to be a really good class. You can find all the companion books on Amazon if you really want to get into it.
              Thanks for sharing this. Looking forward to checking it out

Steve O

Comment

I totally love this Steeeeve, brilliant. From the bottom of my heart, I appreciate the little things you share to help us all improve, thanks for not keeping your techniques and knowledge a secret.

This book was given to me when I was 17 by the wife of one of the richest families in my country. I love it because we are in control of our lives and we need to start taking responsibility for our happiness or sadness. Being happy or living peacefully is not having what you want all the time or having things go your way all the time. More importantly, take the journey seriously but not too serious that you can't change and be flexible to allow yourself to take in as much beauty and wisdom that you can before life is over.

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED BY M.SCOTT PECK

Comment

I've read hundreds of self-help book and many leave you guessing what to do next. Without a call to action and without something else to buy I believe a book is not valuable. The knowledge contained within should be all that you need to get the most out of it. If you decide later to buy something else, it should be based on your experience, not because you cannot continue without it.

One such book for me, that set me on my journey to be a better me is Psycho Cybernetics by Maxwell Maltz. If I had only one book to ever recommend to someone it would surely be this one. Concise and clear in its descriptive of why we do the things we do. The exercises are brilliant.

My second choice would be the Great Classic by Napoleon Hill Think and Grow Rich. You do not need, nor should you buy the revised edition. The material is timeless and incredible for anyone looking to succeed in life, love, business or what have you. Its a must.

Steve O

Comment

• Phoenix2886
                    Phoenix2886 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sadly I have the revised edition: I would recommend Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod. It is more of a productivity book.

Here's a couple of more books that are pretty valuable
                  How You Do Anything Is How You Do Everything: A Workbook

Every Word Has Power: Switch on Your Language and Turn on Your Life

The second one is along the lines of the Master Key system, which you can obtain free online. Its out of copyright.

Another to get is Wallace Wattles: The Science of Getting Rich.

Steve O

Comment

• vector143
                    vector143 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I love The Science of Getting Rich, that book reformatted my brain. It was just like walking out of the theater after seeing The Matrix.

Originally posted by Shakes View Post
                  Every day I read pieces of both The Tao Te Ching and Meditations by Marcus Aurelius. Both speak directly to the soul and stir beauty and peace within.

"Those who know don't talk, those who talk don't know." -The Tao Te Ching, Stephen Mitchell's Translation

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not fact. Everything we see is perception, not Truth" -Meditations

"Choose not to be harmed and you won't feel harmed. Don't feel harmed and you haven't been." -Meditations
                  "Choose not to be harmed and you won't feel harmed. Don't feel harmed and you haven't been." i like this...

make me remember about Dalai Lama, a good person that i admire....
                  Noob Hunting on Something

Comment

Written by SteveO
                    02-16-2014, 04:22 AM

I've read hundreds of self-help book and many leave you guessing what to do next. Without a call to action and without something else to buy I believe a book is not valuable. The knowledge contained within should be all that you need to get the most out of it. If you decide later to buy something else, it should be based on your experience, not because you cannot continue without it.

One such book for me, that set me on my journey to be a better me is Psycho Cybernetics by Maxwell Maltz. If I had only one book to ever recommend to someone it would surely be this one. Concise and clear in its descriptive of why we do the things we do. The exercises are brilliant.

My second choice would be the Great Classic by Napoleon Hill Think and Grow Rich. You do not need, nor should you buy the revised edition. The material is timeless and incredible for anyone looking to succeed in life, love, business or what have you. Its a must.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks SteveO, I'll be reading this book a little each day.
                    Napoleon Hill Think and Grow Rich
                    I didn't realise it was published in 1937.
                    Such a popular talked about book too, from the 90s. Here is a good link:
                    http://ebooksoneverything.com/wealth...ndGrowRich.pdf
                    Last edited by Magpie; 05-11-2014, 02:27 AM.
                    Smile and be Happy

Comment

I know of 3 good websites. #1 http://boldanddetermined.com #2 http://www.menprovement.com #3 http://www.artofmanliness.com

These sites are excellent when you need a pep talk or just some pointers about how to look and act like a real man.

Comment

I've listened to Jamie Smart's audiobook version of "Clarity" twice. Pretty compelling stuff.

CLARITY: Clear mind, Better Performance, Bigger Results by Jamie Smart Learn to clear your mind and think like a winner We …

Bad Wolf

Comment

Originally posted by Solar Seeker View Post
                          I know of 3 good websites. #1 http://boldanddetermined.com #2 http://www.menprovement.com #3 http://www.artofmanliness.com

These sites are excellent when you need a pep talk or just some pointers about how to look and act like a real man.
                          thanks for the sites!

Comment

Lately, in my car, I have been listening to an Igor Ledochowski conversational hypnosis course. Good stuff.
                            Bad Wolf

Comment

My suggestion is: PSYCHO- CYBERNETICS by Maxwell Maltz

Living in Nordic climate, very cold and humid. Targets Caucasian/blond women, not really much chance to test with black, hispanic or asian. Living in a city, I target mostly 18-40 years old.
                              Pheromone XS: SOB, Xist oil, Love boat, Cohesion oil & spray, Ascend -cops-, Connections, Evolve.
                              Alpha dream: Alpha Maschio.
                              Love Scent : scented Chikara, NPA 15ml.
                              Androtics: A 314 oil (rarely use)
                              Cover cologne: Armani Code

Comment

Currently reading Tools of Titans

Comment

Currently reading The Age of Lovecraft by Carl E Sederholm.

Arsenal

??????Full bottles: Sport, Celebrity, Innocence, Connections, And Babe, Cohesion, Temptress, Thinker, Fantasy, Psel, Tease, Xist x 2, Odyssey, LoveBoat, Vibe, Madame, Bliss, Summer Daze (XS122), Fairy Tale Limitless, XSP86, Engage, Happiness, Sweetness, Glow, Bitch, XS194, xs189, xs190, xs191, xs193, xs196, xs199, Naked Gun, Mascot, Pencil Thin Mustache and XSP102, Goddess, Api. DM oil.

LPMP: Heart & Soul, Lumina, Cougar, MLH, Blatant Invitation, Sexology, Sexpionage, Audacious, Levitation, Popularity Potion, LFM, LFN, True Confession, Empathy.

Comment

Ad down

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X