yobit.net eobot.com digifinex
  • Thank you for visiting DiscoverXS your pheromone research community.
    If this is your first visit please register so you can join the community: click the Sign Up link above to proceed.
    To start viewing messages, please login and select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD IN POSts

Collapse

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

I am Kate and I got kinky hair (smirks)

I love my hair but let us face it, I can't comb or manage my hair to save my life.

My sister however spends a fortune on hair products and she gave me some tips and I don't know if I am lazy or the idea that I need to do all these things and purchase all these products seems like a full time job.

When you are a mom, a wife , got a job and got a crazy family that you always need to clean their messes you really don't have the time or the zeal to spend hrs on hair and hundreds on hair products.

So some of my single friends suggested

mayo and egg, Ugh! I don't know about you but egg and mayo sound delicious and I might eat it before it actually goes into my hair

I recently heard of this rice treatment thing , rice is cheap enough and it doesn't seem as weird so I am still considering it

After having the baby I suffered some hair loss and I use the following products which restored my hair and I can see some tremendous growth

I used or use a mixture with

Castor oil
    Coconut oil
    Joboba oil
    Vitaman e oil
    Hibiscus oil

After Maria hibiscus oil became rare for obvious reasons and the rest of the oils esp Castor oil is expensive as F.

So sometimes I do have them and other times I don't and my hair just be all frizzy and messed up.

I got a hair dresses who combs my hair on the weekends but during the week it is a challenge to figure out a nice style. I did do some research and I see these vids on natural hairstyles for short hair so it does help a bit

My sis also recommended Cantu products which I think is ok. I mean they are expensive to but to me the oils work much better than they do and the shampoos and conditions are ok but don't seem much different that the generic brands

I just want a good size bottle of oil , shampoo and condition for natural hair so I don't need a whole bunch of stuff. I want it to not be so expensive that I don't mind buying 2 or 3 bottles at a time until I have to restock that is made with natural ingredients that feeds my hair's soul , makes it soft and more manageable , maybe even straight

I figured let me open up about this to my ladies who are always so helpful in everything and see what they have to say

I don't know, writing all this down makes me think maybe am asking for too much and maybe I just need to suck it up and put in the work and effort for my hair's sake.

afro black hair GIF

LMAO! I found this meme to be really accurate.Totally me when I don't go to the hair dresser. Band to the front afro at the back

Comment

Wait, Kate, I don't know why I imagined you to be some white woman with long, blonde hair lmao

Btw, I've started using Camille Rose products for after washing my hair (the oil and hair milk). For Shampoo and Conditioner, I use Renpure's Tea Tree & Lemon Sage. After regular shampooing and conditioning, I deep condition w/ Shea Moisture's hair masque and spray rice water and put the heating cap on for 30 mins.

Comment

• Marsbars
        Marsbars commented
        Editing a comment

• Sunny
        Sunny commented
        Editing a comment
        *raises hand* me too...

• Coconut
        Coconut commented
        Editing a comment
        Strange i imagined the same thing, long blonde thick hair!

Originally posted by KateD View Post
      afro black hair GIF

LMAO! I found this meme to be really accurate.Totally me when I don't go to the hair dresser. Band to the front afro at the back
      If you got hair like this, then it is awesome!
      Arsenal

??????Full bottles: Sport, Celebrity, Innocence, Connections, And Babe, Cohesion, Temptress, Thinker, Fantasy, Psel, Tease, Xist x 2, Odyssey, LoveBoat, Vibe, Madame, Bliss, Summer Daze (XS122), Fairy Tale Limitless, XSP86, Engage, Happiness, Sweetness, Glow, Bitch, XS194, xs189, xs190, xs191, xs193, xs196, xs199, Naked Gun, Mascot, Pencil Thin Mustache and XSP102, Goddess, Api. DM oil.

LPMP: Heart & Soul, Lumina, Cougar, MLH, Blatant Invitation, Sexology, Sexpionage, Audacious, Levitation, Popularity Potion, LFM, LFN, True Confession, Empathy.

Comment

• KateD
        KateD commented
        Editing a comment
        Awww thanks love but as I said it is hard work too

I am dying for hair like this :( I'm with thin european hair .
      I use Moroccan oil .
      From time to time im putting some crochets
      Love afro hairssssssss

Comment

• KateD
        KateD commented
        Editing a comment
        <3

I use a 2in1 shampoo&conditioner for my hair.... 3-4 times a week.....

but then I'm a dude

anyways, anytime I see a girl with really nice hair it is really awe striking, it's such a pleasure to look at
      Ascend Oil (double cops) - Evolve Oil - Taboo Oil & Spray - XiSt Oil & Spray - Cohesion Oil & Spray - Bliss Oil & Spray - Sob Oil & Spray - Celebrity Spray - LoveBoat Spray - Vibe Spray - Connections Spray - Innocence Spray

all cover scented with Pepper & Nutmeg

Comment

Sound's like an Ex of mine, She still calls and tried to get me to do her hair. Since she is an ex, I've taken to recommending NAIR, we both laugh and she leaves me alone for a couple weeks

Comment

• KateD
          KateD commented
          Editing a comment
          Do her hair, I don't get it. Are you some kind of hair dresser?

• Muestereate
          Muestereate commented
          Editing a comment
          I've always had a knack for untangling knots both real and figurative. I'm the guy standing up to his hips in mounds of wire after a concert. I just always seem to end up in the middle of them.

• KateD
          KateD commented
          Editing a comment
          hmmmm, hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmm

KateD - I'm not familiar with how you speak and honestly, i hate when people assume Black people have to speak a certain way, so I'd never assume anything by the way you speak lol. But I have no idea why. Maybe it's the avi, haha.

Comment

• KateD
          KateD commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah but now you know so it gives everyone a better visual when they get an email or see a post from me

Originally posted by Cheerio View Post
        Wait, Kate, I don't know why I imagined you to be some white woman with long, blonde hair lmao

Btw, I've started using Camille Rose products for after washing my hair (the oil and hair milk). For Shampoo and Conditioner, I use Renpure's Tea Tree & Lemon Sage. After regular shampooing and conditioning, I deep condition w/ Shea Moisture's hair masque and spray rice water and put the heating cap on for 30 mins.

Ok I really needed some time to figure out what treatment is simply and inexpensive so I looked at some vids and I also was looking into your advise Cheerios and I had some questions.

I found two vids on the rice water which I will post for those who are interested in the treatment as I am still unsure at to how many dark skinned women we have in this community now that I think of it.

I also believe that this treatment may work for any type of hair just because you don't have kinky hair I am interested as to the challenges that you have with breakage etc and what products you use and what techniques you use as well.

Ok Cheerio my first question is, I gather from your comment and from the vids that the rice water is like a leave in conditioner. Whenever you want to comb you can also spray it on to keep your hair moisturized etc.

Comment

The lady in the first vid mentioned the smell and its like, my hubby really loves to spoon and smell my hair from behind so what are the tips to eliminate that since the lady in the second vid I posted leave it overnight for her to straighten out a bit.

For those of you reading that have tried the rice water treatment , how long have you been doing it and have you seen like hair growth in addition to hair repair.

Comment

Ok I really needed some time to figure out what treatment is simply and inexpensive so I looked at some vids and I also was looking into your advise Cheerios and I had some questions.

I found two vids on the rice water which I will post for those who are interested in the treatment as I am still unsure at to how many dark skinned women we have in this community now that I think of it.

I also believe that this treatment may work for any type of hair just because you don't have kinky hair I am interested as to the challenges that you have with breakage etc and what products you use and what techniques you use as well.

Ok Cheerio my first question is, I gather from your comment and from the vids that the rice water is like a leave in conditioner. Whenever you want to comb you can also spray it on to keep your hair moisturized etc.

My routine is this:

Regular shampoo
            Regular condition
            Hair masque + rice water together (for 30 mins)
            Rinse both out

You never want to leave rice water in your hair. If you want a reference, this is my hair (this is a post I made when I was going for my first trim ever last month, lol):

Comment

• KateD
              KateD commented
              Editing a comment
              Thxs , that helps a lot. I need to get a spray bottle and some other stuff but I hope to start like this weekend and keep updating to prove this works

Ok so I looked up Shea Moisture products, never heard of it before. They don't have it here but I see it is not that pricey for a good size bottle.

Comment

Ok so I looked up Shea Moisture products, never heard of it before. They don't have it here but I see it is not that pricey for a good size bottle.
              I feel like a lot of black people are turning away from Shea Moisture because what used to be specifically for our hair type only became something for everyone... which means the chemicals in the products will change as well. I only use the hair masque. There was also an issue where they were advertising at some event, I guess a pop up show, and they had a White woman showing the products instead of a Black woman. This is something I remember reading on LipstickAlley.

Comment

Ok I got to back track. They actually do have it here. I saw it yesterday and it is like $60 xcd here. Yikes! Amazon it is.

You see, I don't shop for hair stuff often so I did not even notice they have added to their options.

Comment

I feel like a lot of black people are turning away from Shea Moisture because what used to be specifically for our hair type only became something for everyone... which means the chemicals in the products will change as well. I only use the hair masque. There was also an issue where they were advertising at some event, I guess a pop up show, and they had a White woman showing the products instead of a Black woman. This is something I remember reading on LipstickAlley.

Hmmm! That is interesting. I mean did they make an announcement to verify that the formula was changed or did they just realize that the product could be used for either race and tried to open up their market by including caucasian women.

Comment

OK guys I started my rice water treatment on Sunday.

The photo is a bit dark. In the photo , there is my jar or rice water. (smells like puke after a day)

A comb for untangling , my spray bottle and my cantu leave in conditioner.

I untangled my hair. Put it in four huge plaits. I applied the rice water using the spray bottle, making sure I got the scalp, the ends and the roots of my hair. I applied the cantu leave in conditioner , untangled the hair with my comb, plaited in two and tucked under.

When I was done I used two plastic caps and slept with it. I let it sit over night basically

When I woke up I washed it out and only used my conditioner for the smell. So, my mom said the smell was gone completely when I did that.

What did I notice :

My hair is always more manageable when I wet it , softer etc so that wasn't different.

I did notice when I was untangling with the comb there was a lot less hair on the comb than usual. That was mind blowing.

Other than that nothing

I was told to do it every week. So I braided my hair and will apply every week for about a month and note the difference in growth, texture , breakage etc

Let me know your thoughts guys
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hmmm! That is interesting. I mean did they make an announcement to verify that the formula was changed or did they just realize that the product could be used for either race and tried to open up their market by including caucasian women.
                      I believe they started re-labeling their products

Comment

Btw, I've started using Camille Rose products for after washing my hair (the oil and hair milk). For Shampoo and Conditioner, I use Renpure's Tea Tree &amp; Lemon Sage. After regular shampooing and conditioning, I deep condition w/ Shea Moisture's hair masque and spray rice water and put the heating cap on for 30 mins.
                        I thought she was white from the name. I don't see many Kates in the black community? And I didnt assume its a fake name for the board cause she works for XS and it appears they all use their real names as their usernames on the board...
                        Full Sprays: Desire Me - Engage - Xist - Connections - Celebrity - PSEL - Fantasy - XS196 GF - XS194 In Between - P86 - P96

WISHLIST: GLOW - Fairy Tale - XS199 Comply - Mascot

Comment

My routine is this:

Regular shampoo
                          Regular condition
                          Hair masque + rice water together (for 30 mins)
                          Rinse both out

You never want to leave rice water in your hair. If you want a reference, this is my hair (this is a post I made when I was going for my first trim ever last month, lol):
                          Looks nice after the blow dry ????
                          Pheromone XS
                          Oil: evolve, xist
                          Spray: Xist, Evolve, cohesion, sob

Comment

Originally posted by Primross View Post

Looks nice after the blow dry ????

Comment

Ad down

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X