yobit.net eobot.com digifinex
  • Thank you for visiting DiscoverXS your pheromone research community.
    If this is your first visit please register so you can join the community: click the Sign Up link above to proceed.
    To start viewing messages, please login and select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD IN POSts

Collapse

Dropper tops, help/suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropper tops, help/suggestions?

First, I love the "new" dropper tops. No leaking, great dosing, no complaints.

I'm assuming it's me, so I'm looking for recommendations.

Most of my bottles and I get along well, but there are a couple that seem to, well, hate me

I mean, they really make me work for that beautiful magical oil inside. And when I finally get the top open, it's like a reward for my perseverance and tenacity

It's like I'M the child it's proofed against!

I'll put the bottle on the counter and put all my weight on that bloody top and push and spin...I'll try tightening it and starting over... I'll try light pressure (because, what if I'm pushing down too hard?)...I'll try just spinning it a bit (mostly to give my sore finger a break....)

My Babe and APi are real scoundrels! Perhaps it's a status thing??

Don't get me wrong, eventually I always win But I'm sure it's not supposed to be this hard.

Can anyone offer any advice? Has anyone else had a similar issue? It has to be "operator error", lol, I don't know where I'm going wrong...
    With the others, it's push down and twist and wha-la! I don't see why there should be a difference

Help

You're never too old to learn NuTrix ^_~

take a fine nail/emery board across the top of the dropper top. I say a board because a course file may leave some grooves for evaporation. Takes off about the thickness of a human hair and look for plastic burrs around the ridge too. Try just cleaning it up and if that doesn't work, then take off another few thousandths. Keep it flat and a little at a time. This should give the cap some room to compress downward and disengage the teeth.

This is just conjecture based off what I know my LAL tops to look like and some logic. I don't have xs droppers.

The error could just as weel be in the cap or the upper cap seal but I think the plastic on the top of the bottle will have the same effect and should be much easier to do than taking it apart

Comment

Muestereate I will take a look for burrs and see if I can compare to another lid and feel for differences. If I need it, I have just the perfect sized little board for the job.
      To be fair, all child proof tops and I have a long history of conflict...

Comment

I wound up finding a recommend online that worked.
        I had to push down and squeeze the sides really tight while turning, several times and changing the sides I was squeezing until I worked around the whole lid.
        I think it must take care of something similar to the description of filing down the burrs or anything that could be potentially interfering. To smash and grind things into place?

The take away is - I can get into my bottles now without it resulting in a wrestling match

Comment

Originally posted by NuTrix View Post
          I had to push down and squeeze the sides really tight while turning, several times and changing the sides I was squeezing until I worked around the whole lid.
          I think it must take care of something similar to the description of filing down the burrs or anything that could be potentially interfering. To smash and grind things into place?

The take away is - I can get into my bottles now without it resulting in a wrestling match
          seems strange that you are having such a hard time with the tops of the bottles, what kind are they the Euros ones?
          my Euro one arrived today, and it's fine, i can screw and un screw without any problems.
          XSPerfumes 10ml Sprays Comply,Sexy Confidence,Bitch, Celebrity, Babe,XSential Body Spray for women, P86, P114,P106,Mascot,Engage,BNOL,Sweetness,EST, Tease,Odyssey,Temptress,Flirt,Fairytale,Girlfriend ,Sleaze
          XRS94,Innocense,Goddess,Madame,DMspray
          Testers:Babe,Happiness,Temptress,Inbetween,Cohesio n
          Cops:A,B,C

Oils: Fantasy,Copulin,Connections,DesireMe,Xist,Neno,EST
          From a lab IsoE Super+Ambroxan

Comment

Originally posted by Coconut View Post

seems strange that you are having such a hard time with the tops of the bottles, what kind are they the Euros ones?
            my Euro one arrived today, and it's fine, i can screw and un screw without any problems.
            No. Some of the child proof bulb dropper tops.
            To be fair, I seem to have a history of trouble with most child proof items It could well be "an operator issue"

Comment

okay will stay away from the dropper ones, cause i'm a real Blonde lol
              XSPerfumes 10ml Sprays Comply,Sexy Confidence,Bitch, Celebrity, Babe,XSential Body Spray for women, P86, P114,P106,Mascot,Engage,BNOL,Sweetness,EST, Tease,Odyssey,Temptress,Flirt,Fairytale,Girlfriend ,Sleaze
              XRS94,Innocense,Goddess,Madame,DMspray
              Testers:Babe,Happiness,Temptress,Inbetween,Cohesio n
              Cops:A,B,C

Oils: Fantasy,Copulin,Connections,DesireMe,Xist,Neno,EST
              From a lab IsoE Super+Ambroxan

Comment

• NuTrix
                NuTrix commented
                Editing a comment
                Of the dozen or so that I have, only 2 gave me any trouble and the fix was easy once I knew what to do, so don't be concerned

I always have a hard time with my Cohesion oil (euro dropper), apart from that the other oils (euro dropper as well) work fine. I know that feeling when I have to wrestle to get out the juice

Comment

I am a Euro Dropper fan but I have two of the Bulb Droppers I received with my oils one time. I just tried them and I don't have any issues to unscrew them. I just push the Bulb Dropper top down and unscrew at the same time, both of them work fine.

Perhaps lil Nu can unscrew them and you received the "adult proof" ones

Comment

Originally posted by Phaethon View Post
                  I am a Euro Dropper fan but I have two of the Bulb Droppers I received with my oils one time. I just tried them and I don't have any issues to unscrew them. I just push the Bulb Dropper top down and unscrew at the same time, both of them work fine.

Perhaps lil Nu can unscrew them and you received the "adult proof" ones
                  I truly do like the bulb droppers. Of the many I have only 2 gave me an issue, and if I thought I could trust lil Nu not to spill them, I might have given them to her for a go round. For those 2 I had to push down, SQUEEZE the sides AND turn, all at once. That's a lot of multi tasking, but I managed

Comment

yes, that much multitasking would tax even the superior female mind!!!

Comment

• NuTrix
                      NuTrix commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I know, right!?

Originally posted by NuTrix View Post

I wish I could watch a video of what you just described because everytime I try to open my Xist oil, I cuss myself for ever getting the oil version. That bottle has given me Carpel Tunnel. Takes me forever to get it open which is so annoying because I like using Xist everyday but I dont as often anymore ever since I got the oil version and dealing with this damn top. Never getting the oil version of any more of the products in the future.

Comment

Sarafina I know how you feel! I'll try to find the link I used. I don't think it was a video though, but I'll still link it if I find it

Comment

• Sarafina
                        Sarafina commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks!

Sarafina I can't find the link

I pushed the cap down and squeezed the sides with my fingers while turning and that did the trick for me. I did find where someone said to use pliers, but I would be afraid to do that for fear of using too much force and breaking the bottle. It seems unnecessary too, since my cap twisted loose with only the use of my fingers.

Comment

So, I've had the same experience this past year while using oils for the first time - the dropper caps were hard to use - and I had more had more than one spill. I've gone back to sprays for now (except for domination, which only comes as an oil, I think - I switched to euro cap, which should help). The sprays don't last as long, a catch-22, so I may be back oils again soon - but will test out the euro caps in the meantime, which should do the trick....

Comment

Ad down

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X