yobit.net eobot.com digifinex
  • Thank you for visiting DiscoverXS your pheromone research community.
    If this is your first visit please register so you can join the community: click the Sign Up link above to proceed.
    To start viewing messages, please login and select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD IN POSts

Collapse

The difference between Artisan and other blends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coconut View Post
    What is Artisan?, is it something made by another company, i notice they are a bit cheaper for some reason, are they just as good?
    Here is the Wikipedia description of Artisan if you would like to know what the word Artisan means.

An artisan (from French: artisan, Italian: artigiano) is a skilled craft worker who makes or creates material objects partly or entirely by hand. These objects may be functional or strictly decorative, for example furniture, decorative art, sculpture, clothing, jewellery, food items, household items and tools and mechanisms such as the handmade clockwork movement of a watchmaker. Artisans practice a craft and may through experience and aptitude reach the expressive levels of an artist.

Click me

Comment

I'm inclined to speculate that there is a difference in the formulation facilities for main blends versus Artisians. Artisian means handmade. I know larger perfumeries are automated, why not the main blend pheros? If the mains are automated or semiautomated I think they would require large batches of raw materials and even though the website says 20 available. I think they would make them in much bigger batches than that.

Then there might be an Artisan section. It still pretty big but maybe our dancing monkeys when not mass signing our postcards, get chained to benches and grind out Artisian batches by hand in the hot Tennessee sun.

Then they have a smaller luxury room, air-conditioned and real Van Goughs hanging where Steves does some research and maybe mixes up a dozen bottles here and there, I think I see hippie love bead s hanging from the doorways, blacklights and fluorescent streamer paper hung from the ceilings fluttering in the tropical breezes filled with pheros and coconut body butter fragrance wafting through the air.

Somewhere in between Maitais, Steve is working up to mixing my single molecule but in the meantime, he rummages through a dusty old drawer of outdated betas hoping to find one scented in 1970 English leather or Brut. But his dangling 6-inch silver medallion with John Travolta engraved on it keeps swinging in the way of his rummaging. In the distance Hayley 's , paging buzzer can be heard.

Steve, it seems, needs another Maitai fufu drink

Comment

Everything in XS is hand-formulated and mixed by myself. Every single blend, every single time.

All Artisan means is its a blend that would muddy the waters of the retail blends or we cannot make in larger batches.

Take Api for instance: We have Ascend as the retail blend, while personally I like the street cred that Api gives better, most consumers are looking for professional credibility. Having both blends in the retail area, side-by-side, would cause confusion and we would be inundated with requests for clarification. It doesn't matter if it was 100% clear to every one of us, we'd still be getting overwhelmed with clarification requests and even more people asking which one for their (not so) unique personal situation.

Rather than muddying the water, its easier and more efficient to offer them as an alternative to the regular retail blends.

Then you have some blends we can't make larger than 10ml for many reasons. It could be that some components are difficult to obtain, overly costly, ties up to much of a component or whatever. Its more efficient to make smaller, more manageable batches.

As to the pricing; retail blends compensate for things like size upgrades and the oils. It might seem like an insignificant difference but it does help us in being able to offer those discounts. It also goes to why retail oil blends are no longer warrantied. Just because something is on average 7X stronger does not mean you're going to get any better results. In actuality it takes a much longer duration to even get an acknowledgement that its working and only when properly diffusing. I don't even wear oils that often and the humidity in Memphis is crazy high. Why? Because I'm in a climate controlled environment for most of the day. I go from house - vehicle - lab - vehicle - house all with ac running (except maybe in my jeep with the top off), but you get the idea. Oils are for clubs and places where body temps rise. So we had a bunch of people in colder climates like Canada, Alaska, Michigan saying hey this stuff doesn't work and returning it. We do not recycle returned products. Its BAD business and irresponsible all around!

That's why we adjusted the return policy.

Yeah so there's that

dog happy dance GIF

Steve O
      PLEASE DON'T PRIVATE MESSAGE ME. I'M MONTHS BEHIND.

This is my passion and my goal: to change the world, 1 person at a time, by empowering them with knowledge, know-how and the products that give them the ability to live their dreams.

A dream or vision is only a pretty picture without the passion and willingness to get your ass kicked chasing after it.

discoverXS is our adventure story! Thank you for being a part of it

Pheromone Questions? (I like to answer the phones)
      Pheromone Answer Line: +1(901)-328-6433

Comment

So you spend 86000 for a coffee machine but won't cough up 500 dollars for what amount to a shotgun shell reloader. Can you send me 10 ml of that frekin coffee?

I'm kinda surprised that you still do all the blending!!!. See I got you pegged as this big shot CEO of GE or more appropriately, Dupont.

Comment

Originally posted by Muestereate View Post
          So you spend 86000 for a coffee machine but won't cough up 500 dollars for what amount to a shotgun shell reloader. Can you send me 10 ml of that frekin coffee?

I'm kinda surprised that you still do all the blending!!!. See I got you pegged as this big shot CEO of GE or more appropriately, Dupont.
          Nope, we're a small "family" run company. Its literally me and Hayley at the lab, KateD running CS in the Caribbean and Silvia in BG. We are critically understaffed right now though, but we manage.

Steve O
          PLEASE DON'T PRIVATE MESSAGE ME. I'M MONTHS BEHIND.

This is my passion and my goal: to change the world, 1 person at a time, by empowering them with knowledge, know-how and the products that give them the ability to live their dreams.

A dream or vision is only a pretty picture without the passion and willingness to get your ass kicked chasing after it.

discoverXS is our adventure story! Thank you for being a part of it

Pheromone Questions? (I like to answer the phones)
          Pheromone Answer Line: +1(901)-328-6433

Comment

I've got my opinions about the job market, it's bad here too. Wages are escalating and the problem persists. I don't think the churn is gonna stabilize till wages do but even that is a shallow opinion. I started losing employer loyalty way back in the nineties when downsizings for stock prices replaced layoffs due to business conditions.

The rash of downsizing throughout the 1990s represents a major watershed in American experience. Layoffs have ripped the fabric of middle-class security by unraveling a 75-year-old contract between big business and employees that promised secure futures in return for loyal service. 1998
            Corporate downsizing has proved one aspect of American life apparently unchanged by El Nino this winter. Massive layoffs from American corporations have continued unaffected by weather, criticism, or the economy. Fifty-eight thousand Americans received termination notices last December (56 percent more than the previous December). In the months since, AT&T, Chase Manhattan, Raytheon and Boeing alone announced cuts totaling more than 30,000 people.

Too bad it took 20 years to feel the damage or maybe they could have stopped before it got this bad. Slow feedback loop.

Comment

The difference is that some jewelry is prettier than others. My friend has a lot of student loan debt, and they don't take anything from his paycheck, probably because he makes very little. Last week, he managed to get a loan with no problem at https://www.kertaluotto.com/kertalaina-100-e/ . I stopped him by telling him that all his cards are already in debt, but he's a risk-taker. Apparently he likes to be looked up! He has sold a lot of jewelry and is good at it
              Last edited by forwardres; 08-25-2021, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Ad down

Collapse
              Working...
              X