yobit.net eobot.com digifinex
  • Thank you for visiting DiscoverXS your pheromone research community.
    If this is your first visit please register so you can join the community: click the Sign Up link above to proceed.
    To start viewing messages, please login and select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD IN POSts

Collapse

Spray volume from the sample size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spray volume from the sample size

So I got my order and a sample of Evolve came with my order. I sprayed 2 sprays, no reactions. I later washed that application off and sprayed 2 sprays. Again, no reactions. Then it hit me that because the sprayer was smaller I wasn't getting as large a spray as I would from a 10ml bottle. The sample size bottle is tiny compared to the 10 ml bottle. The sprayer head sizes are also different.

There is not that many sprays in the sample bottle so I decided to ask "How many sprays from the sample sprayer equals 1 spray from a 10 ml bottle?". Here is the response that I got.

Ok well Kate, If you don't know the answer then ask Steve. He knows. I have seen various amounts published on the forums. I have seen someone say the ratio is 2 sample sprays=1 spray from a 10 ml bottle. I have also seen that 1 sample spray is 70% of a 10ml spray. I have also seen someone post that the smaller sprayer is equal to 1.5 sprays from a 10ml bottle.

I just wanted the correct answer form the Vendor. They should know right?

In one aspect it doesn't matter like Kate said in her response but I would like to know how much I am spraying. There are only a certain number of sprays in a sample bottle. There is no room to really fool around with it.

The normal dose that is working for everyone is 2 10ml sprays. Was my question too bizarre or unreasonable?

To be frank, the only useful number here will depend on what sample bottle you have because even now, there are two different sample sizes that are sent out: a very small-looking one almost like the ones you get from Nordstrom or Sephora when you request for a cologne sample (about 2mL; this was from the earlier days); and a larger sample bottle that looks like it could hold 4-5 mL (nearly half of the 10mL bottle; PXS has been transitioning over to using these bottles).

The 2mL bottle has the 2:1 ratio. You need 2 sprays to equal about 1 of the 10mL bottles.

The relatively bigger one is generally close enough to 1:1. You can tell because the amount sprayed out looks almost like from a 10mL bottle.

Your question is too technical in a sense that it's not like people have a specifically set threshold for detecting and being affected by pheromones. However, I feel like you're asking because you don't realize that there are two kinds of sample bottle sizes used - the 2mL which is being phased out, and the 4mL which is being utilized.

I've never seen any mention of samples giving out 70% or 1.5x of a 10mL bottle before. 70% would be understandable, although I'd push it much closer to 85-90%. However, 1.5x...? If anything, I'd say that it refers to the 10mL spray giving out that much content of a 2mL sample spray.
    Alpha Dream: Glace, Alfa Maschio
    Pheremone XS: A1 (50 mcg), Bliss, Vibe, Xist, Exotica, Love Boat, Flirt, Ascend, Dominant Ascend, Connections, Cohesion, Celebrity, Evolve Spray, Taboo, APi, Thinker, XS144 Outspoken, Approach Confidence, Limitless, Evolve oil, Taboo oil, SOB, Odyssey, Happy, XS155 Social Lube
    Love Scent: Chikara gel packs
    AD: P83, IS (10mcg/spray), TAC
    LAL: Nude Alpha
    Orange Font = Sample Bottles

Comment

This Spray question comes up every so often in the pherotruth forum and you will get 8 different answers to the simple question of sprayer volume. There are various sprayer heads (1 ml, 3ml, 5ml, 10ml and 30ml) and they all spray a different amount of product.

researchers and users are careful to note the number of sprays used when testing pheromones. This is so others can duplicate their dosage and check for results.

There are too few sprays in the current sample bottle to test for a sweet spot and try to duplicate the results posted here: http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Evolve-Review

I know it's all kind of moot in the big scheme of things but Kate's answer was unacceptable to an advanced pheromone tester.

The 2:1 ratio answer seems reasonable. But like I said if you search you will find at least 3 answers to this one question of sample spray volume. The answers come from people who position themselves as pheromone experts. I figured that I would ask Steve O since he takes this science as seriously as we all do. Like Steve always says "If I don't know I will certainly find out".

Anyway i sprayed 4 sprays of Evolve this morning and got nothing. This is why samples are so critical in the pheromone world. I may spray a sample and love it prompting me to buy the large size. Conversely, I may try a sample of something and find that it doesn't do anything.

This was posted on Pherotruth by DBot:

Several of us have wondered how a spray from one of the 5mL testers compares to a spray from the 36mL atomizers that products are sold in.

The small sprayer delivers approximately 80 sprays per 5mL,
      which is 16 sprays per mL or
      62.5mcL per spray - approximately 3 drops.

After measuring the number of sprays that the small sprayer dispenses from a 5mL fill, I refilled it by spraying into it from the full-size sprayer. It required approximately 48 sprays to fill up the large sprayer to the 5mL line.
      That means the volume of each spray from the large atomizer is about 104.167mcL - approximately 5 drops.

Which means that a spray from the 5mL sprayer is approximately 60% the volume of a full-sized spray.

So 5 sprays from the 5mL tester = 3 regular-sized sprays.

Comment

Evolve is buffered.First few hours, it is social.After 3-4 hours it turns into sexual.Send StevO an e-mail or call 901-328-6433 Monday through Friday 11am to 7pm CST (GMT-6).He will be more than happy to answer your questions.
        Last edited by x7; 07-11-2015, 01:05 AM.

Comment

My understanding was that 2 sample sprays (of the 1.5mL - I haven't seen a 2mL yet) was equal to 1 spray of the 10mL. My results seem to confirm this. Still, the only way we can be sure is to contact Steve and ask him.

Comment

Originally posted by jit47 View Post
            Evolve is buffered.First few hours, it is social.After 3-4 hours it turns into sexual.Send StevO an e-mail or call 901-328-6433 Monday through Friday 11am to 7pm CST (GMT-6).He will be more than happy to answer your questions.
            I have a question about that. Those 3-4 hours you talking about, it is since the moment you apply it to your skin o since the girl/target/people.... are exposed to it?

Comment

It would be a crude method to determine this but if you really must know, I'd say get one of the digital balances found in chemistry labs like at a university or community college (or sneak into one if you have access of some sort) and just test the sprays on separate containers that's been tared (either the little 2.5x2.5 in^2 wax paper or the little plastic "boats" I've heard them been called). You could use 1 spray from a 10mL bottle for three different times to get an average baseline, then repeat the process for each different sample bottle size. Then you would have an average ratio that each type of nozzle sprays out.

Originally posted by Subsonic View Post

I have a question about that. Those 3-4 hours you talking about, it is since the moment you apply it to your skin o since the girl/target/people.... are exposed to it?
              Subsonic, I believe it's when it is applied. The components of Evolve are buffered with socials. The moment you apply Evolve, the social molecules are already diffusing. It doesn't exactly all stay on your skin and decide to diffuse to affect a target whenever you want. Think of cologne that has multiple layers and imagine spraying it on before going out to meet your target. If the cologne has top and bottom notes of citrus and cedarwood, respectively, the citrus scent will come out first right away and slowly disappear, not when you finally meet your target. So by the time you meet your target, the citrus smell might be gone. This is because the citrus molecules are lighter than the cedarwood. Light molecules will diffuse faster, heavy molecules tend to diffuse slower.

The same applies for Evolve or any XS products for that matter. The social pheromone molecules are relatively lighter and so will diffuse relatively faster than the sexual molecules, which are a bit heavier. I believe that's what I read up once in one of SteveO's posts. It's been a long while.
              Alpha Dream: Glace, Alfa Maschio
              Pheremone XS: A1 (50 mcg), Bliss, Vibe, Xist, Exotica, Love Boat, Flirt, Ascend, Dominant Ascend, Connections, Cohesion, Celebrity, Evolve Spray, Taboo, APi, Thinker, XS144 Outspoken, Approach Confidence, Limitless, Evolve oil, Taboo oil, SOB, Odyssey, Happy, XS155 Social Lube
              Love Scent: Chikara gel packs
              AD: P83, IS (10mcg/spray), TAC
              LAL: Nude Alpha
              Orange Font = Sample Bottles

Comment

Ad down

Collapse
              Working...
              X