yobit.net eobot.com digifinex
  • Thank you for visiting DiscoverXS your pheromone research community.
    If this is your first visit please register so you can join the community: click the Sign Up link above to proceed.
    To start viewing messages, please login and select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD IN POSts

Collapse

How do you apply/use the XS products that comes in oil bottles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you apply/use the XS products that comes in oil bottles?

Hi, asked this in the FAQ but it doesn't seem to have any activity here; so hoping maybe someone here could advise

Got a couple of XS products in oil bottles for the first time (it was all sprays before) and wondering how exactly to use them. It has a secondary plastic lid, should we make a hole in it and drip to the spot or open that too and use a filler to take out a couple of drops every time?

Thinking using the filler could waste quite a lot of drops considering we do it every time, if the bottles came with some sort of easier way to use, that would be amazing. How are you using oil ones? Appreciate your reply!

Open the black cap, their is a nylon dropper under it that dispenses a drop at a time. I put a drop on my finger tip and most oils go around my neck areas. That is called a Eurodropper/. You can also get an eyedropper when you ordered which is more consistent in drop size but the bottle is more prone to spillage. 80 dollars on your desk really feels bad.

Drop size in a eurodropper is pretty consistent but some blends are thinner than others. If it gets very warm the drops willl be larger too but they come out slow. A couple blends are so thick I have to shake pretty hard.

Comment

Something else I've done is I picked up a box of small dropper bottles from Amazon similar to the ones that PXS uses. I'll transfer a small amount of my PXS oils to my new bottles for a portable "kit" of sorts, so if I accidentally leave the bottle somewhere I don't necessarily lose an entire bottle nor expose it to poor environmental conditions (summer heat or winter cold). During a long day it gives me the flexibility to change up things after my early morning application subsides.

Muestereate brings up a good point about spillage. I've been fortunate and only came close once with standard droppers. I've had mixed results in trying to get consistent doses with a Eurodropper and, unless absolutely necessary, I hate burning part of a drop on my fingertip.
      My Journal: Fever's Follies

My stash: Moved to the first post of my journal as it no longer fits in my forum signature.

Comment

Thank you Muestereate I didn't know that was a dropper, I kinda thought it's the normal lid that comes with oil bottles - thanks for that.
        I thought of buying some eye drop bottles (even looked for the old ones that I used earlier ) do you have a link of the bottles you've bought from amazon Johnny Fever?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Fever View Post
          I've been fortunate and only came close once with standard droppers. I've had mixed results in trying to get consistent doses with a Eurodropper and, unless absolutely necessary, I hate burning part of a drop on my fingertip.
          I tried today to get some drops through the eurodropper; the size is pretty good but had to be quick to avoid spillage (maybe oil is thin in here because of the warm weather) and my finger still has that strong aroma even after washing like a dozen times

Comment

Originally posted by Mayan View Post
            I thought of buying some eye drop bottles (even looked for the old ones that I used earlier ) do you have a link of the bottles you've bought from amazon Johnny Fever?
            These are the bottles I bought and they'er less than 70 cents apiece. I've had very good luck with them and their included droppers: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079SHB9MS/

My stash: Moved to the first post of my journal as it no longer fits in my forum signature.

Comment

Thank you so much Johnny Fever that's really helpful, going to get some

Comment

ypu'll need some sort of small funnel or pipette, syringe. Those are rel nice, i like the darker color though I store mine in darkness already. Next time you order oils, make a note that the bulb dropper is available free of charge but you have to select it as an option.

Comment

Originally posted by Muestereate View Post
                  ypu'll need some sort of small funnel or pipette, syringe. Those are rel nice, i like the darker color though I store mine in darkness already. Next time you order oils, make a note that the bulb dropper is available free of charge but you have to select it as an option.
                  My first order of oils from PXS I wasn't aware that the droppers were available. When I purchased the bottles I listed in my previous post I put those droppers on my PXS supplied bottles as they fit perfectly. On a couple of my spare travel bottles where I wasn't all that worried about dosage I stuck the Eurodropper insert into my Amazon bottles so I have those, but only use them when I need to. I still have a supply of dropper bottles as spares and I use those for non-PXS oil based mones so I have travelers.

As far as transferring oils from the parent bottle to the travel bottle I just use the new dropper destined to the new small travel bottle, since it will only go into the one particular product. I really don't trust funnels and I figure it will minimize loss as they will only be contained inside or on the surface of the dropper.

Comment

ahh the new dropper. I'm so stupid.

In the lab supplies section they sell pipettes and I was thinking of those. I picked up a nice supply of sample sprayers in that section too. I do the same with sample sprayers as you do with oils. I mix all my molecule experiments in them too so my experiments aren't as costly. I use an insulin syring for very fine dosing and do the Nerd math thing so I can reproduce my efforts. I'm always screwing up though on my own blends. Whereas with daily use I keep a lighter touch, when I mix I do the more is better thing until I ruin it. smh

Comment

Damn.. you guys are so thorough with your XS stuff Muestereate Johnny Fever

Comment

its a fascinating hobby, especially if human nature fascinates you. Being able to do first year algebra helps. I do a lot of daily math with spreadsheets and medicine dosing for myself. Rudimentary math, conversions etc. Its Only fun if you have some nerd in you, not required.

Comment

I still consider myself a rookie even though I've dabbled in years past. The past two years since my renewed interest has been an education. I've learned much more than I did my first time out and many veterans like Muestereate and others have made helped my learning on so many different levels (including you don't crap where you eat and no matter how tempting a female co-worker may be it's not worth putting your job in jeopardy). I use my unsuspecting co-workers strictly as unknowing test subjects so I can see what to expect when venturing out in the wide open world. Now that things are opening up in my neck of the woods it's going to be open season quite soon.

While I'm more than willing to share what I know I'll be the first to admit I'm learning from the more knowledgeable.

Mayan: Enjoy the journey, learn what you can and just get out there. While mones may provide some social lube you need to steer things ... something I'm still attempting to master. I look forward to reading the upcoming entries in your journal.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Fever View Post
                            I still consider myself a rookie even though I've dabbled in years past. The past two years since my renewed interest has been an education. I've learned much more than I did my first time out and many veterans like Muestereate and others have made helped my learning on so many different levels (including you don't crap where you eat and no matter how tempting a female co-worker may be it's not worth putting your job in jeopardy). I use my unsuspecting co-workers strictly as unknowing test subjects so I can see what to expect when venturing out in the wide open world. Now that things are opening up in my neck of the woods it's going to be open season quite soon.

While I'm more than willing to share what I know I'll be the first to admit I'm learning from the more knowledgeable.

Mayan: Enjoy the journey, learn what you can and just get out there. While mones may provide some social lube you need to steer things ... something I'm still attempting to master. I look forward to reading the upcoming entries in your journal.
                            Thank you Johnny Fever. The members and their experiences here are definitely helping so much to figure out things. Since covid scenes are getting better, going to game up a bit

Comment

Originally posted by Muestereate View Post
                              its a fascinating hobby, especially if human nature fascinates you. Being able to do first year algebra helps. I do a lot of daily math with spreadsheets and medicine dosing for myself. Rudimentary math, conversions etc. Its Only fun if you have some nerd in you, not required.
                              I really wish I could be as detailed as you in testing and keeping track of things. I think I'm somewhere in the nerd-circle too; just too lazy maybe; but hoping the journal would be helpful to keep some sort of stats

Comment

i am mixing my own pheros now. i put them in individual bottles with eyedroppers. if ur traveling with the bottle its better eurodropper unless u can keep the bottle upright position then ur good with eyedropper.

Comment

Ad down

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X