yobit.net eobot.com digifinex
  • Thank you for visiting DiscoverXS your pheromone research community.
    If this is your first visit please register so you can join the community: click the Sign Up link above to proceed.
    To start viewing messages, please login and select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD IN POSts

Collapse

Quiz: The 36 Questions That Lead to Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quiz: The 36 Questions That Lead to Love

A series of personal questions used by the psychologist Arthur Aron to explore the idea of fostering closeness through mutual vulnerability.

Oh, I'm glad you posted this, because I absolutely love this study and the concept behind it! Has anyone else done this with their SO? Or perhaps even a stranger?

My best friend and I went through the questions over the phone, and it was great, but it would take a lot more courage to actually repeat it with a stranger. It's a huge, risky emotional investment. There's definitely merit in the concept of escalating intimacy, though. We always see it in those movies where ~two unlikely strangers fall in love~ over the course of just a day or two.

EDIT: This thread is probably in the wrong forum though, just a heads up
    "My motto as I live and learn: dig, and be dug in return!"
    (Adapted from a poem by Langston Hughes)

Comment

I did it with the hubby and it was very interesting that it caused so many emotions and other things to come up that helped us to work on some issues that were there but not talked about.

Love this!

Comment

Originally posted by KateD View Post
        I did it with the hubby and it was very interesting that it caused so many emotions and other things to come up that helped us to work on some issues that were there but not talked about.

Love this!
        That's awesome, Kate! Did you have any predictions beforehand about what your husband's answers might be, and did they mostly match up?

I think it could interesting to try to create your own personal condensed, or "lite" versions of this, for first dates and new acquaintances. Some of the questions (like #1) are perfectly common ice-breakers, after all.
        "My motto as I live and learn: dig, and be dug in return!"
        (Adapted from a poem by Langston Hughes)

Comment

Ad down

Collapse
        Working...
        X