yobit.net eobot.com digifinex
  • Thank you for visiting DiscoverXS your pheromone research community.
    If this is your first visit please register so you can join the community: click the Sign Up link above to proceed.
    To start viewing messages, please login and select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD IN POSts

Collapse

Favorite Fragrances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Fragrances

I know there's a thread around here somewhere devoted to this because I've posted in it. But for the life of me I can't seem to find it. We all know the importance of cover scents to mask those stinky pheromones. I'm a firm believer in the power of smell. It is the strongest memory/emotional trigger there is. Not only do I believe in the power of a nice fragrance and how it effects self and others but it has the ability to anchor the effects of those pheros that we spent so much money on. I had a recent conversation with a member who has experienced that anchoring effect. Just the fragrance alone can elicit a pheromone-like effect. We invest a lot of money in pheros. Doesn't it make sense to invest just as wisely in our fragrances?

I thought this might be a good place to compile information regarding the fragrances we use. You never know someone may lack experience in this area and could be looking for guidance. So tell me community what are you wearing? If you can provide a description or the impact it has had on the opposite sex all the better but at least give us a list of your favorites.

Ok here is my list. I'll provide descriptions for those that I can remember. These are in no particular order. My taste is way too varied to have a favorite.

Oud Nobile - Enrico Gi

This is a rather complex fragrance but the notes that stand out are Bergamot, Bitter Orange, Black Pepper, Nutmeg, Oud, Cinnamon, Frankincense, Amber, Tonka bean, Sandalwood, Vetiver and Vanilla.

It's a really well balance fragrance. The Oud isn't too strong but definitely remains the main accord. It has good projection and great longevity. It's a great cover for cops.

Oud Prive - Enrico Gi

Another great cover for cops. Quite a bit sweeter than Nobile. Probably due to the Jasmine and Caramel. Primary notes are Jasmine, Labdanum, Caramel, Cinnamon, Patchouli, Amber, Tonka Bean, Sandalwood. This one has a bit stronger Oud quality. I'm surprised that I liked this one. I usually hate Jasmine.

M7 Oud Absolu -Yves Saint Laurent

This is a very masculine scent. One of the more simple fragrances but still quite wonderful. Mandarin Orange, Patchouli, Myrrh and Oud. This one expresses the ambery side of Oud and has a nice smoky quality.

Vince Camuto Oud - Vince Camuto

This is more of a clean Oud. It has a certain transparency to it. Most Ouds I would describe as earthy, "dirty" and animalic. It is a lighter Oud for those who find most overpowering. Notes include: Saffron, Nutmeg, Pink Peppercorn, Patchouli, Musk, Cedar, Oud, Amber, Leather and Sandalwood.

Epic Man - Amouage

I really didn't like this one at first but it really grew on me. Now it's one of my favorites. This fragrance has had the most dramatic effect of any I've worn. When I wear it my boss follows me around like a puppy dog. It's complex, sophisticated, manly and worldly. It smells of money and it should for the price. By far the most expensive cologne I own. It starts off spicy with Pink Peppercorn, Nutmeg, Saffron, Myrrh and Cardamom followed by animalic Oud, Leather, Patchouli, Incense and Castoreum. It's the only cologne I own that contains a genuine animal musk.

Sexual Noir - Michel Germain

This is just pure masculine sexy. I get more compliments from this one than any other I use. And it's not the 'you smell nice, what is that?" type reaction, it's more of the "OMG you smell soooooo good, what are you wearing". Women swoon over this one. It has a distinct honeyed tobacco quality. Primary notes are Bergamot, Cardamom, Grapefruit, Lavender, Orange Blossom, Musk, Honey, Oak Moss, Tonka Bean and Sweet Tobacco. I can't believe I love this one so much. I usually hate Lavender.

Rocha Man - Rocha

This is more of a sweet gourmand fragrance. It's one where I can't stop smelling myself. This one has a distinct Raspberry note along with Bergamot, Lavender, Musk, Vanilla, Sandalwood, Amber, Chocolate and Coffee. it's like a raspberry mocha cappuccino. Another Lavender scent done right.

Vera Wang for Men - Vera Wang

Masculine, seductive and mature. Not as in old man mature. More like that of sophisticated, man who is sure of himself and worldly wise. It starts of with Yuzu and leads to Nutmeg, Leather, Anise, Sandalwood and Tobacco. Another addictive fragrance.

Gentleman Only Intense - Givenchy

Another good cops cover. It has great projection and excellent longevity. Mandarin Orange, Black Pepper, Patchouli, Cedar, Leather, Tonka Bean, Amber and Incense. This one is very heavy on the woody Cedar notes. Almost overpowering the other notes. But it's sophisticated and does have a degree of complexity.

Spicebomb - Viktor & Rolf

Another one on the sweet side. I wasn't sure if I was going to like this one but it has gotten such great reviews that I decided to order a sample. I'm glad I did. It starts of kinda overpowering but dries down to a nice, sweet, sophisticate rather addictive presence. It starts off with Bergamot, Grapfruit and Pink Peppercorn then dries down to sophisticated Saffron, Leather, Tobacco and Vetiver. Another one that I can't help but smell myself.

Jimmy Choo Man Ice - Jimmy Choo

A very fresh invigorating scent with a sophisticated masculine heart. It starts off with refreshing Begamot, Mandarin Orange and Citron that lingers into the heart of the fragrance of smoky Vetiver, Patchouli, Cedar, Apple and settling into Musk, Oak Moss and Amber. Projection could be better but has good longevity.

L'Eau D'Issey Summer 2105 - Issey Miyaki

This is a beast. Amazing projection and longevity. Unfortunately it is monochromatic. It is predominantly Kiwi, Grapefruit and Pineapple. There are other notes according to fragrantica.com but the tropical fruit character overpowers them. Despite it's simplicity it is a great fresh summer scent and great cover for pheros.

L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme Sport - Issey Miyaki

This starts out fresh like Summer 2015 but has more complexity. Unfortunately projection and longevity is sacrificed for the sake of complexity. Main notes are Bergamot, Grapefruit, Nutmeg, Leather, Cedar and Vetiver. It's a really nice fragrance but not sure it's a repeat buy.

L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme Intense - Issey Miyaki

This is a rather strange one. Very complex and at times during it's drydown contradictory. Upon first spray I thought I had walked into a headshop. It has a very prominent incense quality. Among other notes are Cardamom, Saffron, Cinnamon and Nutmeg. This gives way to Amber and Benzoin (vanilla-ish). It has an underlying aquatic, oceanic animalic grey ambergris character. It's an intriguing fragrance that keeps you sniffing and thinking what the hell am I smelling. lol It's ever changing. Once you grasp a note it changes to something else. I'd say it's contemplative.

Nuit D'Issey - Issey Miyaki

A nice complex masculine scent. Great projection and longevity. It starts off a little rough around the edges but quickly settles down. It starts of with Bergamot and Grapefruit followed by Leather, Cardamom, Saffron, Nutmeg and Black Pepper spiciness. Then it settles into smoky Vetiver, Dark Woods, Patchouli, Tonka Bean and just enough Incense to give it an exotic feel. My only complaint is that the Black Pepper is a little out of balance. I think it could be a bit more subdued.

Nuit D'Issey Parfum - Issey Miyaki

A simple composition with a dark mysterious air. If you didn't know better you would think this was a very complex fragrance. It's nothing more than Grapefruit, Pink Peppercorn, Vanilla, Leather, Tonka Bean and Patchouli. It's warm, inviting and not too sweet.

Michael Kors for Men - Michael Kors

A nice sophisticated scent. Bergamot and coriander add a citrusy quality. Slight sweetness from Star Anise, Spicy Black Pepper, a nice herbal quality from Thyme and Sage. Soft Suede, earthy Patchouli, Musk, sweet Sandalwood and soft woods. While I like this quite a bit it's sadly very similar to another one of his fragrances. Although it rounds out a bit more upon dry down.

Michael for Men - Michael Kors

This one to me seems more simple. To me its Apple/Cinnamon with hints of Tobacco. I'm going to provide the notes on fragrantica.com for your edification. Perhaps you'll get more complexity from your nose. Don't get me wrong I really like this fragrance. It just doesn't seem as complex as it's description. So here you go....Coriander, Fir Resin, Tarragon, Star Anise, Caraway, Bergamot, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Tobacco, Incense, Suede, Sandalwood, Plum, Patchouli and Dried Fruit.

The One - Dolce & Gabbana

I really like this one. Is complex, sophisticated and masculine. It has a slight sweetness but it's not cloying. Its' another one of those I can't stop sniffing. It starts of with sweet, citrusy Bergamot, Coriander and Basil. Next comes spicy Cardamom, zesty Ginger and heady Neroli. At the base is woody Cedar, oceanic, aquatic, animalic Ambergris and sweet pipe tobacco. The thing that impresses me about this is that the separate components are distinguishable while still harmonizing into a homogenous whole. The overall appeal is warm yet if you choose you can focus on the individual elements. Another one I would consider contemplative.

Last edited by Scottie2Hottie; 03-19-2018, 04:19 PM.

Comment

In winter I prefer my Russian Amber or something other heavy scent (put on lightly though), but are grabbing for my chypre in the spring/summertime.
    Arsenal

??????Full bottles: Sport, Celebrity, Innocence, Connections, And Babe, Cohesion, Temptress, Thinker, Fantasy, Psel, Tease, Xist x 2, Odyssey, LoveBoat, Vibe, Madame, Bliss, Summer Daze (XS122), Fairy Tale Limitless, XSP86, Engage, Happiness, Sweetness, Glow, Bitch, XS194, xs189, xs190, xs191, xs193, xs196, xs199, Naked Gun, Mascot, Pencil Thin Mustache and XSP102, Goddess, Api. DM oil.

LPMP: Heart & Soul, Lumina, Cougar, MLH, Blatant Invitation, Sexology, Sexpionage, Audacious, Levitation, Popularity Potion, LFM, LFN, True Confession, Empathy.

Comment

You like Issey enough, Scottie?

Comment

Last edited by Ixist; 03-18-2018, 08:49 PM.

Comment

I could compare it to Pineapple Vintage, and while I can get more compliments from PV, I like Aventus more. Thing is that you can easily get a cheaper designer cologne over a niche because women will love those more (if you find a good one). Problem is, us men love Aventus more than your average woman. Thus, to meet them in the middle, I settle for Pineapple Vintage which is also cheaper. (Same thing with Viking: I love Creed Viking and so do most guys guys, but women on average don't find it as appealing as something cheaper.)

When in doubt: designer > niche. If you are wearing something for yourself and don't care about women, wear whatever you want. Chances are they will choose the smelly Dior Suavage $90 over your deeply unique Creed Aventus $300+. Why? No clue.

Comment

ObscuredFacade

Comment

I like the warm scent,
              swiss army cologne
              Blue jeans by versace (very cheap but I like it)
              Aqua di gio Giorgio armani
              Armani Code Hugo Boss BOSS
              One of my favorite was Lacoste the first one
              My arsenal: Ascend oil with cops, xist spray (unscented), taboo spray (unscented) vibe spray (almost gone), evolve Spray (unscented)
              Xsr89
              Barely legal spray (unscented)
              Alter ego, Alpha7 scented
              Instant honesty

Comment

Until I update later, the one I get that both I like and has been a compliment monster (while not being "well known" amongst today's newer brands) is Calvin Klein Eternity for Men. I haven't worn it lately because I like to switch it up, but it has been my signature scent as of late. That is good and bad, though. Girls who are already imprinted always will say about my other colognes "it smells good/really good, but it osnt like whatever you usually wear". Scent is very fresh, has a good dry down, and it lasts some time. One downside is it isn't a cologne you want to wear on a hot day. Is it my favorite? No, but I thought I would toss it out there before I post later on what I and strangers like on me.

Last note for CK Eternity: I would put it under a work office or cool/evening scent. It will get you compliments easily, but there are more colognes out there that are a bit updated and liked slightly more.

Comment

• Ixist
                  Ixist commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I like CK colognes in general, they smell nice

• ObscuredFacade
                  ObscuredFacade commented
                  Editing a comment
                  One Shok is good, but it has such a short life after sprayed

Versace Pour Homme Oud Noir - Versace

A very simple composition with a certain complexity. I pick up a variety of spices. The closest I could come to a description would allspice, anise and Szechuan peppercorn. It has a nice aged leather quality that gives it some depth. Oud takes center stage but isn't overpowering. It also lends itself to the complexity. Oud itself has a multitude of facets and can express itself in innumerable ways depending variety of agarwood, age of the tree, soil and climate, region of the world. Then there is the perfumer's hand at play. The type of Oud they choose, the concentration, other ingredients it's blended with. It can go from fresh "clean" and woody to very earthy, smoky, funky, animalic and "dirty". While this cologne lies somewhere in the middle and leaning more toward the fresh, clean, woody side. Definitely worth a repeat purchase.

Comment

I am going to toss one out there for you all if you have some money lying around to blind buy.

F by Ferragamo Black Salvatore Ferragamo

I won't get into the notes too much, because for me (and most people) colognes and perfumes are about emotions rather than letters and numbers. (For those that do care though, you will have a good top layer of lavender and a tonka base, with a mid of spices.) To put simply what this aura will give off is a strong, secure, whole-bodied, confident male that can be elegant pending how you swing it. Before anyone asks: no, it is not like La'Nuit or Allure. There will be hints of similarity, but you have a a completely different cologne here, gents. Also, don't knock it off because it is cheap or "not like La'Nuit or Allure". I could easily swap F out for La'Nuit depending on my setting and not feel bad about it. If I had to pick a setting I would use it, I would say casual wear, a night out with the guys, or a night at a casual, more sophisticated bar.

Comment

In enjoy wearing the black scents from most designers such as
                    Polo Double Black
                    Blvgari Man
                    Blvgari Man Extreme
                    Also enjoy Creed but can not wear it often because people hear are not use to perfume

So I need to switch to lighter scents, even then the react to the smell.
                    Aqua di gio Giorgio Armani
                    Gucci Made to measure
                    Bvlgari AQVA

Then I have just vanilla scent that I used to make me smell like a cake...

Comment

Originally posted by ChocolateMarshmallow View Post
                      In enjoy wearing the black scents from most designers such as
                      Polo Double Black
                      Blvgari Man
                      Blvgari Man Extreme
                      Also enjoy Creed but can not wear it often because people hear are not use to perfume

So I need to switch to lighter scents, even then the react to the smell.
                      Aqua di gio Giorgio Armani
                      Gucci Made to measure
                      Bvlgari AQVA

Then I have just vanilla scent that I used to make me smell like a cake...
                      Hmm, why this fascination with scents with names that starts with Black?
                      Arsenal

??????Full bottles: Sport, Celebrity, Innocence, Connections, And Babe, Cohesion, Temptress, Thinker, Fantasy, Psel, Tease, Xist x 2, Odyssey, LoveBoat, Vibe, Madame, Bliss, Summer Daze (XS122), Fairy Tale Limitless, XSP86, Engage, Happiness, Sweetness, Glow, Bitch, XS194, xs189, xs190, xs191, xs193, xs196, xs199, Naked Gun, Mascot, Pencil Thin Mustache and XSP102, Goddess, Api. DM oil.

LPMP: Heart & Soul, Lumina, Cougar, MLH, Blatant Invitation, Sexology, Sexpionage, Audacious, Levitation, Popularity Potion, LFM, LFN, True Confession, Empathy.

Comment

I love the original Lolita Lempicka.

It's a spicy licorice perfume which isn't as heavy as it sounds. It's got some green notes that lighten it up a bit and it isn't overly sweet at all. With all the sugar bombs that seem to be popular these (it seems to have also fallen out of fashion), this makes you stand out. It has an ethereal feel to it. Sillage is pretty good and it's heavy enough to cover copulin heavy blends.

I've been reaching for China Rain as of late. It is very VERY inexpensive, but I like it. It's a nice "fresh out of the shower" scent and is great for incognito phero application. I've been wearing this because I don't want to offend people. Not sure why I care about that so much recently LOL. This one stays fairly close to the body so it's great if you want your pheros to stick closer to you and only affect those who get closer to you. It comes in oil so I'm a huge fan. You have to wait for cops to completely dry down before trying to cover with this and even then, there is still a bit of bleed through

Comment

Originally posted by Ildergreier View Post

Hmm, why this fascination with scents with names that starts with Black?
                          Ha ha ha, unusual name, to feel dark or brooding, and usually it stands out and makes people feel who the F* is this guy...

The scents have enough of desired affect of overcoming unique situation here (besides the smells of city and rural China, you definitely need something counteract smell of people defecating, pissing on buildings in front of hospitals, and body odors of ladies who are not washing during monthly)

Comment

• Ildergreier
                            Ildergreier commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Quite cool.

Recently I got a bunch of samples from theperfumedcourt. Out of everything I tried I got the most compliments with Sauvage. Nautica Voyage was #2 and Creed Aventus a distant third.

Comment

My primary cover is YSL: La Nuit de la Homme and I sometimes also use D&G: Light Blue. Thinking about getting a Scentbird subscription so that I can get some portable monthly sprays to take on the go for portable mone application.

Comment

I tried La Nuit de L'Homme. It is too floral and feminine for my taste.

Comment

Originally posted by Scottie2Hottie View Post
                                I tried La Nuit de L'Homme. It is too floral and feminine for my taste.

Comment

Comment

Ad down

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X