yobit.net eobot.com digifinex
  • Thank you for visiting DiscoverXS your pheromone research community.
    If this is your first visit please register so you can join the community: click the Sign Up link above to proceed.
    To start viewing messages, please login and select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD IN POSts

Collapse

What's Lurking In Your Perfume/Cologne?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Lurking In Your Perfume/Cologne?

So I've been searching raw materials for perfumery. Because, well, I've tried probably close to 100 samples in the past few months and sadly maybe a handful were decent. Three or four worth buying. I even tried a custom fragrance and was terribly disappointed. Just God awful stuff. The stuff on the market that accounts for a passable fragrance is beyond me. I mean who smells this shit and thinks Oh yea we gotta market this?

I'm thinking my God I can't do any worse. So I started researching essential oils thinking I'd go the natural route. A shout out to NuTrix for the invaluable link. I even found ethically wild harvested ambergris at a staggering $150/10 ml. I stumbled across a professional perfumer's resource. I was investigating synthetic compounds (you need a PhD inchemistry to makes of it) and made a startling discovery. Lo and behold they offer pheromones. Androstenone, androsterone, alpha AndrostAnol and beta andtostenol. All at 1000ppm & 100 ppm at $5/gram & $0.50/gram respectively.

So my point is, what's in your perfume/cologne? Are perfumers secretly using pheromones in their creations? Is it their super secret ingredient. Remaining in the shadows until they become mainstream, if ever.
    Last edited by Scottie2Hottie; 10-06-2017, 09:15 AM.

Just did a little more digging at perfumersworld. Found copulins and estratetraenol. Also oxytocin.

Comment

I remember buying Realm by Erox for women because of it's pheromone claims waaaay back when, but I didn't care for it enough to repurchase. I KNOW some of my LMPM perfumes are spiked with them, but that's nothing hidden Of course my deer musk perfumes claim phermonal properties, other wise my collection of mainstream perfumes is so limited (can count on 1 hand) that I'm fairly certain they haven't slipped any pheromones in them, at least not yet...
      You're never too old to learn NuTrix ^_~

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't slipping them into some of their creations. Then again a professional nose would smell them and be like ewwww. Lol

Speaking of ewwww I came across a chemical compound described as decayed fecal. So I guess that one fragrance you mentioned could be utilizing this compound.

I sprayed on Realm in a department store once. It was horrid. I immediately found the nearest restroom and washed it off.

Comment

• NuTrix
          NuTrix commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, I wouldn't recommend Realm in any version to anyone. Check out, indole. That's a fun one, lol

• Scottie2Hottie
          Scottie2Hottie commented
          Editing a comment
          Between realm and all the other crap back in the day it's a wonder that I continued with pheromones.

In my favorite perfume for vinter (Russian Amber), I have nothing. I want it au natural, if you can say that when it comes to perfume.
        Arsenal

??????Full bottles: Sport, Celebrity, Innocence, Connections, And Babe, Cohesion, Temptress, Thinker, Fantasy, Psel, Tease, Xist x 2, Odyssey, LoveBoat, Vibe, Madame, Bliss, Summer Daze (XS122), Fairy Tale Limitless, XSP86, Engage, Happiness, Sweetness, Glow, Bitch, XS194, xs189, xs190, xs191, xs193, xs196, xs199, Naked Gun, Mascot, Pencil Thin Mustache and XSP102, Goddess, Api. DM oil.

LPMP: Heart & Soul, Lumina, Cougar, MLH, Blatant Invitation, Sexology, Sexpionage, Audacious, Levitation, Popularity Potion, LFM, LFN, True Confession, Empathy.

Comment

While there are some perfumers who use only natural essential oils/extracts it seems most use a plethora of synthetic compounds. Or at least that's what I've noticed from my investigations. But my point with this discussion is are there perfumers using pheromones without our knowledge? If they are included along with the various compounds professionals use are they actually using them? I would think that if they aren't then the pheromones would be dropped from their catalogue due to lack of interest.

Comment

Originally posted by Scottie2Hottie View Post
            While there are some perfumers who use only natural essential oils/extracts it seems most use a plethora of synthetic compounds. Or at least that's what I've noticed from my investigations. But my point with this discussion is are there perfumers using pheromones without our knowledge? If they are included along with the various compounds professionals use are they actually using them? I would think that if they aren't then the pheromones would be dropped from their catalogue due to lack of interest.
            I hope they at least mention it if they are putting pheromones in the perfume, because I would like to know so that I know what else mone to add.
            Arsenal

??????Full bottles: Sport, Celebrity, Innocence, Connections, And Babe, Cohesion, Temptress, Thinker, Fantasy, Psel, Tease, Xist x 2, Odyssey, LoveBoat, Vibe, Madame, Bliss, Summer Daze (XS122), Fairy Tale Limitless, XSP86, Engage, Happiness, Sweetness, Glow, Bitch, XS194, xs189, xs190, xs191, xs193, xs196, xs199, Naked Gun, Mascot, Pencil Thin Mustache and XSP102, Goddess, Api. DM oil.

LPMP: Heart & Soul, Lumina, Cougar, MLH, Blatant Invitation, Sexology, Sexpionage, Audacious, Levitation, Popularity Potion, LFM, LFN, True Confession, Empathy.

Comment

mainstream perfumes are almost guaranteed to not contain any pheromones. However, a lot of them DO freely and openly use ingredients that have pheromone-like qualities to them.

Hedione is a notable compound that I believe can be found in Acqua Di Gio by armani
              Iso E Super is also something that I've come to understand as having certain properties similar to pheromones as well

after looking it up, it seems my cologne (eternity by calvin klein) has Iso E super. lol

I personally think it would be bad business if a company is using pheromones in their fragrance without disclosing that information to their customers. Also, if pheromones really were inside of the fragrances, you'd see the commercialization of human pheromones. At the moment, it's purely an artisan niche, and it's best that way

Comment

Comment

I'm surprised that Realm out you in a good mood as it is A1 and nothing more.

I doubt the pheromone oil was NPA as it a always been alcohol based.

Let me clarify. I'm not saying commercial fragrances DO contain pheromones. I just found it interesting that they could be found at a source for commercial perfumers. But it's still possible that they COULD be using the..

As far as that pissy smell, I doubt that it's amber. I've smelled a variety of Amber EOs and not describe any of them that way.

I would think that if plants produced pheromones researchers would have discovered that by now.

Comment

Scottie2Hottietannin

Comment

NPA may be oil based now but I'm almost certain that it wasn't 15 yrs ago. It was impossible to get an accurate drop. It just ran out of the bottle. That's why everyone dabbed. Then again that was 15 yes ago and my memory may not be the best.

Thanks for the Wiki info. Much appreciated. Always good to gain new knowledge.

Comment

• Ixist
                        Ixist commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I do remember it being very runny as well, and could never get just a drop out, it was always more. It was always kind of a dab, like you say. No way to know for sure what it was.

• Scottie2Hottie
                        Scottie2Hottie commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Perhaps something like a 50/50 oil/alcohol base or maybe 60/40. Enough to be called oil based but have more of an alcohol consistency? Who knows. NPA is ancient history now in my book.

I am starting to have so many bottles of perfume now, it is almost embarrassing.
                      Arsenal

Comment

How many?

Comment

How many?
                          You are now asking about one of my darkest secrets....
                          Arsenal

Comment

Lol If that's one of your darkest secrets you must be pretty innocent.

Comment

I remember trying to explain to my girlfriend what ambergris was and that the Aventus I was wearing at the time uses it. Turned that conversation awkward very fast haha!

Comment

Lol If that's one of your darkest secrets you must be pretty innocent.
                              Well, no skeletons in the closet. Yet.
                              Arsenal

Comment

That's what they always say.

Comment

That's what they always say.
                                  True, they do.
                                  Arsenal

Comment

Ad down

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X