yobit.net eobot.com digifinex
  • Thank you for visiting DiscoverXS your pheromone research community.
    If this is your first visit please register so you can join the community: click the Sign Up link above to proceed.
    To start viewing messages, please login and select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD IN POSts

Collapse

Essential Oils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Essential Oils

There have been a few users that have mentioned attempts at adding EO to their unscented oil mones. My question: would this negatively impact the potency of the mones themselves? Has anyone else had any updated luck mixing EOs with unscented oils?

I highly doubt that EOs would dilute and oil based phero product. They are super concentrated so a drop or two goes a long way. Be sure to test the EOs separately before committing to adding them to a product. If you don't like the end result you're screwed. You just ruined your pheros and wasted your money.

You could try experimenting with EOs to find what you like and use them to create your own fragrance. Then you can use that as a cover scent if you like.

I don't have the recipe anymore but at one time I had a blend I called Root Beer Float. It literally smelled like one. I had women licking my neck left and right. LMAO

Comment

In the last several months I've been playing with attars and EOs. I haven't added them to any of my spray bottles except Sweetness - because I just believed those 2 were congruent and didn't mind locking in that one fragrance to that blend - which is usually my main deterrent for adding them to my sprays. But if you've locked in a fragrance you like and want to dedicate your blend to that, I'd say go ahead. A very little of the attar goes a LONG way so, no, I don't feel or notice a difference in that blends performance. Attars are usually a blend of EOs, so I can't see how they would differ efficacy wise, though you may have to add more to get the strength of fragrance you want. I will say that they work best with the oil based pheromones simply because a drop (litterally) of attar is enough and more would be just too much of a good thing. They are strong and last for hours, as in all day and some into the night. So a drop mixed with a couple/few drops of phero'd oil is PERFECT and delicious smelling for hours! That my 2c
      Have you experimented with this idea at all since you posted? How has it gone for you?
      You're never too old to learn NuTrix ^_~

Comment

http://amzn.to/2uPif1G link to the blend on amazon (that's where I got mine).

I'm open to adding more essential oils to my collection, so if anybody has one, let me know!

BTW NuTrix what kind of attars do you have?

Comment

I have mixed essential oils in alcohol. Tap the bottle 200 or more times on the palm of your hand, precussion method. They mix well. But if you let it marinate for a week you will find difference in smell (good difference), will feel like real perfumes.
          The phero sprays are alcohol based. So can be mixed in them. Need just few drops. Like 10 to 15 drops for 10ml bottle. Some oils are too strong, e.g. neroli, vanila, geranium, peppermint. So, they can be used less.

But beware!, the essential oils ruin the spraying mechanism of the spray bottles. They eat certain part of the plastic inside and the spray atomizes no more. So experimenting using small product in a separate bottle is a good idea.

Mixing with phero oils is no issue.

Comment

eternitys_child Most of my attars are Indian and some Arabian. If you mean fragrances, florals like Sudanese black rose and Arabian wild rose, bakul, a couple different kinds of patchouli and ambers, some oud blends and some perfume attars. A favorite find was one called Persian Shafayat and also Persian amber, which is a deliciously decadent paste-like consistancy. Kuumba Made makes something like it that they call simply Amber Paste that has a bit stronger vanilla note and is VERY delicious also. Of course, a girl wouldn't be without a variety of musks either I probably have a good 2 dozen or so EOs and attars. Most are in 1 dram or 3ml bottles though, as a little goes a LONG way.

Falvinski I found out the hard way about ruining spray mechanisms, lol. Some would be fine but I think I ruined 2 bottles so far experimenting...oops.

Comment

Originally posted by NuTrix View Post
              eternitys_child Most of my attars are Indian and some Arabian. If you mean fragrances, florals like Sudanese black rose and Arabian wild rose, bakul, a couple different kinds of patchouli and ambers, some oud blends and some perfume attars. A favorite find was one called Persian Shafayat and also Persian amber, which is a deliciously decadent paste-like consistancy. Kuumba Made makes something like it that they call simply Amber Paste that has a bit stronger vanilla note and is VERY delicious also. Of course, a girl wouldn't be without a variety of musks either I probably have a good 2 dozen or so EOs and attars. Most are in 1 dram or 3ml bottles though, as a little goes a LONG way.

Falvinski I found out the hard way about ruining spray mechanisms, lol. Some would be fine but I think I ruined 2 bottles so far experimenting...oops.
              There are good quality bottles that doesnt get ruined. Used by good perfume brands, must find the source... Or else open the ruined spray bottle each time and.... dab dab
              You have a good collection . You will love the Darbar attar, that eternitys child bought. Also do try Janat ul Firdaus, another complex attar.

eternitys_child
              ??????Nutrix suggested good ones, look into it.
              Also get Rose wood, and Cheddar wood essential oils. Good for collection, and mixing with others.

Comment

Originally posted by Falvinski View Post
                There are good quality bottles that doesnt get ruined. Used by good perfume brands, must find the source... Or else open the ruined spray bottle each time and.... dab dab

You have a good collection . You will love the Darbar attar, that eternitys child bought. Also do try Janat ul Firdaus, another complex attar.
                HAHAHA! I have dab, dab, dabbed before!
                I was given a sample of Janat and, while it was too masculine for me to wear, I have been using it in my oil defuser and OH.MY WOW. Love how it makes the room smell delicious, like I've got a great smelling fella stashed somewhere, hehe. My sample came from Attar Bazaar so it may differ in fragrance from yours, but I would completely recommend it.

ETA: Just ordered a sample of the Darbar Attar. Place I haven't ordered from before so not sure of the quality. Picked up a few other samples of their ambers, patch, black musk, & vanilla while I was there too (of course lol) to make the shipping worth it. Called purple people place. Will update if they're cheapo's, quality or just ok. Anyone here heard of them? Reviewers seem happy, but anybody can write those...
                Last edited by NuTrix; 08-02-2017, 09:56 AM.

Comment

I got my sample of Darbar and in the vile I didn't care for it, but I put on a little smidge and within 5 minutes it became something VERY much nicer than I expected I thought it was going to be too earthy with too much bite, but I doesn't wear the way it smelled in the vial. Possibly to concentrated all at once like that. Good recommendation!
                  As far as my other samples from the purple peeps; The ambers are all nice, the rich amber and the Tunisian being favorites. I apparently will NEVER find patch appealing unless well blended, so I will have to create something with these samples or gift them to someone, lol...The black musk was too perfumy for my taste. I'm on the fence about their oud. I think it will be like The Darbar and will need to be worn to make a proper assessment. The vanilla are both nice, spot on and not plastic-y like some others I have tried. Over all a happy purchase. They're ok. Not the best and not the worst, but I would recommend them because you can sample anything for 2$ a sample and not fork over a ton for something you may not be sure you want.

I think the vanilla could be great added to some of the sprays, just to take the edge off the smell of the mones when you spray them. I will have to experiment to see if they have staying power enough to prevent bleed through, which has been the recurring issue with EOs for me. I have lightly scented a lot of blend just so if I had to reapply outside of home, the mones cloud wouldn't choke anybody!

What are some EOs that you've worn that stood up without bleed through 3-6 hours after first application? I've had better luck recently with attars but I have EOs that need love too.

Scottie2Hottie Do you think Diffusion Tech could help EO fragrances last longer?
                  Last edited by NuTrix; 08-05-2017, 11:01 PM.

Comment

If you're diluting them in alcohol to make a spray probably so. I'm sure XSteveOsourced it from the same supplier that pefumers use so it could be widely used already.. If you're just dabbing straight oils probably not so much.
                    Last edited by Scottie2Hottie; 08-06-2017, 11:06 AM.

Comment

HAHAHA! I have dab, dab, dabbed before!
                      I was given a sample of Janat and, while it was too masculine for me to wear, I have been using it in my oil defuser and OH.MY WOW.
                      cool

Jannat is different Nutrix, Jannat ul Firdous is another old blend.

Glad you liked the Darbar. Yes it changes after application, and yet changes after an hour. It will keep fragrancing for even 2 days if you got the good one.

If the attars are mixed with traditional carrier oils like coconut oil, sesame oil, then it will be a bit hard for the Diffusion technology. If they are based on dipropelene glycol then that will work.

Comment

Originally posted by Falvinski View Post
                        cool

Jannat is different Nutrix, Jannat ul Firdous is another old blend.

Glad you liked the Darbar. the attars are mixed with traditional carrier oils like coconut oil, sesame oil, then it will be a bit hard for the Diffusion technology. If they are based on dipropelene glycol then that will work.
                        I did get JuF, I was too lazy to write it out, again, lol.

Thank you for the info! I don't have a problem with the attars, but there are a couple perfume fragrances from LP that don't last. I believe they are in dpg, but will double check. Wouldn't want to waist or, worse, ruin any products!

Comment

• Falvinski
                          Falvinski commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Oh, ok. If they are impns or cpies then do not btr to wst the dt..

• Falvinski
                          Falvinski commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I tried to type short hand like you :lol: ok here- i said - "Oh ok. If they are impressions or copies of famous perfumes, then do not bother to waste the Diffusion technology".

• NuTrix
                          NuTrix commented
                          Editing a comment
                          No worries, I followed your shorthand!lol ^_~

The darbar attar suggested by Falvinski has arrived at my parents house, and I'm excited to go get it this weekend! I can't wait to try it out!!!!!!!!
                        Excited for a new scent

Comment

• Falvinski
                          Falvinski commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yayy cool. When it took more than 10 days I guess you bought it from that ebay seller, which must be sesame oil based.

no Falvinski i bought it from the source you provided. I just haven't gone to my parents house since that time. it's actually been there over a week now XD XD XD

Comment

wow this stuff smells great! I am in love with this darbar attar. it's SUPER Strong! And it's going to last a long time!

I bet it would cover up the smell of copulins pretty well, though it's a bit sweet smelling and a spicy flavor would cover copulins better.

Comment

My mom LOVES this attar, and so does my sister. It's a great unisex fragrance! !!!

Comment

Originally posted by eternitys_child View Post
                              My mom LOVES this attar, and so does my sister. It's a great unisex fragrance! !!!
                              Awesome!!
                              So nice everyone loved it.
                              Take a sample spray pheromone that you have not used yet. Add a drop of Darbar in it and shake/tap. Keep for few days and check whether it mixes in alcohol.

Comment

I have a $250 pheromone order coming in this week including mixing supplies and bottles! I'll most certainly be doing SOME experimentation. Though if I were to mix in that way, I would prefer to mix it with sprays that do not include pheromones. No need to waste perfectly good mones!

Comment

You can also use roll-on mecanism right??

Comment

Not a bad idea though, I was thinking of buying oily versions and adding them to homemade perfumes, but maybe I should start with my sprays and add EO straight into them!

So if i go for unscented versions and add my EO, would it ruin the spray mechanism they are sent with or are they OK with EO ?

Comment

Ad down

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X