yobit.net eobot.com digifinex
  • Thank you for visiting DiscoverXS your pheromone research community.
    If this is your first visit please register so you can join the community: click the Sign Up link above to proceed.
    To start viewing messages, please login and select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD IN POSts

Collapse

Substitutes for animal and rare plant derivatives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Substitutes for animal and rare plant derivatives

Catlord17 and potiongirl This is especially for you because of your backgrounds.

I was looking at Perfumer's Apprentice for substitutes for musk, oud, civet, etc. and read some of the "hazard warnings". Now some such as "skin irritation" is only of mild concern to me. But there were others such as "may build up in aquatic life" or "build up in kidneys" or "liver damage" or other such warnings that were much more concerning to me.

Could you (or anyone else with perfumery experience) give some context to these warning?

Even DPG is reputed to build up in liver and kidney tissue over time, I think.

Originally posted by Xcc View Post
    Catlord17 and potiongirl This is especially for you because of your backgrounds.

I was looking at Perfumer's Apprentice for substitutes for musk, oud, civet, etc. and read some of the "hazard warnings". Now some such as "skin irritation" is only of mild concern to me. But there were others such as "may build up in aquatic life" or "build up in kidneys" or "liver damage" or other such warnings that were much more concerning to me.

Could you (or anyone else with perfumery experience) give some context to these warning?

Even DPG is reputed to build up in liver and kidney tissue over time, I think.
    PotionGirl is probably much more knowledgeable than I am on perfumery, but I'll tell you what I know.

Skin irritation is usually a result of allergic reaction and/or using it at too high a concentration. For example, certain substances used in perfumery are highly acidic at full strength, and they will burn you this way. These are often used in dilutions of 5% to less than 1%.

Some perfume chemistry is what is know as "bioaccumulative", which means it goes in to an organism, but it does not come out. It is why I do not use certain types of musk and such.

Used in correct proportions and dilutions, there is usually little to take issue with.

Comment

Ad down

Collapse
    Working...
    X