yobit.net eobot.com digifinex
  • Thank you for visiting DiscoverXS your pheromone research community.
    If this is your first visit please register so you can join the community: click the Sign Up link above to proceed.
    To start viewing messages, please login and select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD IN POSts

Collapse

Oil vs Spray? An advanced discussion on diffusion...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil vs Spray? An advanced discussion on diffusion...

Ok, I know the basics of the two and which works better where. I've normally always used Alcohol Sprays for range + cold temperature diffusion but I am looking to get into oils for the "set it and forget it" attitude (last longer) and for other the more natural vibe (also for summer weather). The only question I have is, if I live in a cold environment (winter can get to -15 degrees F and averages in the 10-15 degrees F), but work in a temperature regulated office with the usual 70-75 degrees F, would oil be fine for me in this case?

Obviously the diffusion would be non existent if I am outside, but while inside oil "should" be better for me right? Is 70 degrees considered the "neutral" zone where oil/alcohol diffuse equally? Obviously Alcohol always diffuses rapidly but there has to be a range where the two are equally diffusing? Yes obviously at 90 degrees F the oil has an advantage and at 50 degrees F Alcohol has an advantage, but how about 70 degrees? I ask this question probably because "most" of us work in an office environment.

The other thing to keep in mind is if you apply on skin...your body temperature is roughly always going to be warm, right? I mean yes when you are outside in a cold environment your skin can cool down but generally speaking our skin is a lot warmer than the surrounding air and so wouldn't oil naturally be a better choice simply because the Alcohol when sprayed on skin is going to diffuse a lot faster than if it was sprayed on a surface that was 60 degrees F? If you are in a room that is 70 degrees Fahrenheit, the average skin temperature is actually 93 degrees Fahrenheit (34 Degrees C)

Now this is a bit more complicated because PXS has developed their Diffusion Technology that helps them diffuse better and last longer (especially with the alcohol sprays), but how have people approached this? I would love any sciency expert responses or even personal usage experiences! Thanks!
    PXS Product Content Spreadsheet: https://goo.gl/q7KVX1
    PXS
    Sprays: Bliss, SOB, Xist, Taboo, Evolve, Cohesion, Dominant Ascend, Exotica, Ascend (with and without cops), Limitless
    Oils: Xist, Cohesion, Desire Me for Men, Massage Oil for Men
    Samples: SOB, Crush, Bliss, Evolve, Thinker, Odyssey, Vibe, Flirt, Barely Legal, Celebrity
    AD
    AMMO (1.0), IS, IG, IJ, IH, IO, CTTM 2, TUTH (1.0 and 1.1), p74, p83, p93, p100, Spaceland, MX 297, MX 272, MX 291, Lip Magnet

Personally, I've noticed a huge difference in product effectiveness between Sprays and Oils. Sprays win across the board.

I did, however, see oils being very effective in a closed environment with the heat blasting in the middle of winter.

The problem with oils is really one of proximity and impact........so if you're close enough, then it doesn't matter......but if you have any doubts, then your first culprit will be the oil carrier.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by theLaw View Post
      Personally, I've noticed a huge difference in product effectiveness between Sprays and Oils. Sprays win across the board.

I did, however, see oils being very effective in a closed environment with the heat blasting in the middle of winter.

The problem with oils is really one of proximity and impact........so if you're close enough, then it doesn't matter......but if you have any doubts, then your first culprit will be the oil carrier.

Cheers!
      Thanks! This is exactly the type of experience I was looking for, thank you for sharing. Diffusion distance has always been a concern of mine as sometimes you cannot get into a small closed environment and close enough with your target for effective diffusion (especially for an everyday type of mone). Obviously for intimacy with a partner, this is a different matter
      PXS
      Sprays: Bliss, SOB, Xist, Taboo, Evolve, Cohesion, Dominant Ascend, Exotica, Ascend (with and without cops), Limitless
      Samples: SOB, Crush, Bliss, Evolve, Thinker, Odyssey, Vibe, Flirt, Barely Legal, Celebrity
      AD
      AMMO (1.0), IS, IG, IJ, IH, IO, CTTM 2, TUTH (1.0 and 1.1), p74, p83, p93, p100, Spaceland, MX 297, MX 272, MX 291, Lip Magnet

Comment

theLaw do you think the disadvantage of proximity on oils can be compensated by being in the same room with the target for an hour?

What I'm getting at is... if sprays work longer distances but diffuse faster, can oil at least come close to the same proximity if the person wearing it is idle for a longer period of time?

Comment

I think that body heat and temperature/humidity play a huge part in actual diffusion, so I think that oils are much more difficult to dose properly. Some members have had success with armpit applications, so the sweat diffuses the oils.

I've seen too many instances where the oils used by PXS end up being sub-par compared to the spray versions, so I try to stick with sprays.

SOB is a great example......used spray successfully for months............then bought the oil........complete dud.

Comment

I much prefer the XS oils over the sprays. As they are MUCH more concentrated and they hit just as hard and fast. Only real differences imo is they have a much shorter range but this can easily be solved by spreading over an application of cologne with good projection, they are also not as stable meaning the molecules are more prone to diffusing at different rates leaving you with more of the heavier, stickier molecules towards the end of the apps lifespan.

Comment

• KarmaKitty
              KarmaKitty commented
              Editing a comment
              How do you know how heavy/sticky a molecule is? Is there a chart somewhere?

GHOST , from what I understand SteveO has done a good job buffering the diffusion of the mones in the Alcohol sprays to allow them to equally diffuse throughout the application? At least from several of his threads under diffusion science this is what he has said. Of course maybe it is not as great as oil but it is better than most companies I believe.
            PXS
            AD

Comment

• justintime469
              justintime469 commented
              Editing a comment
              I just wrote my initial review of the ADT tech, and this is spot on with my experience as far as the molecules being balanced, I just saw this after I posted.

Voodoo from LAL is example of an oil based product with the diffusion of a spray........it's a monster - even more than BW. I've smelled the fragrance over 24hrs after application.

Stevo has some really impressive mixes here that could be sledgehammers with the right diffusion.

The new fragrance packages are a great step in the right direction, and perhaps they might change the diffusion completely with the oil products, but with the standard fragrance packages......they don't do the mixes justice.

Also, if the Le Male is legit, it's nearly identical to the fragrance used the old MX297, which is the most complimented fragrance I've ever used with or without mones (second is SOB combined with basically anything). Combine this with SOB........you might have a new beast on your hands!!!

Keep in mind that diffusion is a complete game-changer. The reactions that I received with several oils during the winter in a closed heated environment (car) were basically women propositioning me for sex. The same mixes did nothing in a summer environment with ac blowing.

Comment

thanks for the feedback theLaw .. so essentially the oils are inhibited by AC? so someone living in hot climates, who purchases oils for that reason, will experience less results than anticipated if he/she is spending most of their time in air conditioning....

but if body temperature is on the higher side, the pheromones would see increased diffusion regardless, wouldn't it?

Comment

Yes - Body heat plays a big role, but I think general climate is probably the best gauge.

As for oils, it's tough to say because LAL or PT or Apex have very different oils than PXS. For instance, I wouldn't compare BW and Xist as both oils, even though that is the carrier used. PXS oils seem too sticky, and I'm not sure about the decision to make them super-concentrated. Gary from LAL makes his products basically ghost-proof by allowing liberal use of a mix. So up to 20+ drops of BW compared to 3 drops of something like Evolve..........doesn't seem like a fair fight in terms of diffusion. Sometime I wonder if Stevo got in his own way by creating such concentrated mixes.

Best diffusion situation that I've heard so far was a personal trainer with a client in a basement workout room with no ac.

Comment

Oil vs spray? Why not oil AND spray!
                  ????A fun carefree social spray and a sexual flirty oil... Booyaaaaashaka

Comment

I see that this debate is still ongoing. In the past oil was the way to go if you wanted to slow down diffusion and make your mones last longer. It would seem that this is no longer much of an issue if Steve's diffusion tech really does slow down diffusion in alcohol. One thing I have found is that there is less risk of build up with alcohol vs oil. Really the only way to OD with alcohol is to spray too much. With oils there was always the risk due to build up. This was always an issue during the winter months because oil based products left a residue on my coat collar. You could wear a tried and tested dosage and still get an OD because of this. I never had this issue with alcohol.

OD risks aside, oil has it's advantages. As was mentioned, it's useful when close in with your target. It projects less distance but if you're one on one, who cares. You're not looking for hits from the whole room, just that certain someone.

If you're in a club or at some event where you want to draw attention to yourself, alcohol has it's advantages. It projects much further and you can get hits from a greater distance. That's not to say that it won't work up close, provided that you don't OD and have a good cover scent.

I think combining the two can be useful. Oils at a lower dose for Alpha or sexual mones and alcohol at higher doses for social mones. Draw them in THEN hit them over the head. It seems that with the aforementioned mones in oil, the only way to project further is to OD and that could work against you. Furthermore, such mones in alcohol could allow guys around you to get secondary hits. You're trying to get yourself laid, not every guy in the room.

I'm a firm believer in less is more. I find the lowest effective dosage and stick with that. If you have social skills and any degree of game, you can get hits from your targets without bathing in mones. If you're going to use mones you hafta have confidence. If you smell like "the man" but don't act like it, your targets will dismiss you, assume that their initial reaction was just a fluke and move on.

Comment

• KateD
                      KateD commented
                      Editing a comment
                      very insightful

• Kohloe
                      Kohloe commented
                      Editing a comment
                      very useful, thanks!

• Scottie2Hottie
                      Scottie2Hottie commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Glad I could help.

Thanks Kate. Phero use involves a learning curve. I've been using them for many years and have done all of the WRONG things. But I've paid attention, experimented and learned from those experiences. I think it's human nature to OD. Where looking for that WOW moment. Unfortunately slathering yourself in mones works against you. I've ODed at clubs and what happens is YOU terrify women. Two reactions depending on build. If you're buff and built they think you're going to club them over the head and drag them back to your cave or if not then they think you're a serial killer. Either way, you repel them while every other guy in the room is benefiting from your Enone bomb and getting hits like crazy. Then you're left sitting there thinking this shit doesn't work. Oh contraire, it IS working.....just working AGAINST you.

I'm a firm believer that ALL molecules do SOMETHING. The trick is learning WHAT they do and discovering how they work in your favor or to your detriment. Once you learn what various molecules do it easier to decide on a particular product based on its mone content. I don't need their trade secrets just what's in it so I can make an informed decision. I don't trust companies that don't list the phero content of their products. Not only is it shady but how do you know if they know what the hell they're doing. Anyone can throw a bunch of molecules in a bottle, label it with some catchy name and charge a fortune. It doesn't mean you're getting anything worthwhile. There are two reasons I have confidence in SteveO. One, he lists the molecules and, two, I can tell by his combinations that he has a clue what he's doing.

That being said, there are still some mysteries here at PheroXS. It adds a sense of adventure to your explorations. But given what I've seen so far I have confidence in trying new things here. I can't say that for others.

Comment

Originally posted by knowledgeispower View Post
                      Ok, I know the basics of the two and which works better where. I've normally always used Alcohol Sprays for range + cold temperature diffusion but I am looking to get into oils for the "set it and forget it" attitude (last longer) and for other the more natural vibe (also for summer weather). The only question I have is, if I live in a cold environment (winter can get to -15 degrees F and averages in the 10-15 degrees F), but work in a temperature regulated office with the usual 70-75 degrees F, would oil be fine for me in this case?

Obviously the diffusion would be non existent if I am outside, but while inside oil "should" be better for me right? Is 70 degrees considered the "neutral" zone where oil/alcohol diffuse equally? Obviously Alcohol always diffuses rapidly but there has to be a range where the two are equally diffusing? Yes obviously at 90 degrees F the oil has an advantage and at 50 degrees F Alcohol has an advantage, but how about 70 degrees? I ask this question probably because "most" of us work in an office environment.

The other thing to keep in mind is if you apply on skin...your body temperature is roughly always going to be warm, right? I mean yes when you are outside in a cold environment your skin can cool down but generally speaking our skin is a lot warmer than the surrounding air and so wouldn't oil naturally be a better choice simply because the Alcohol when sprayed on skin is going to diffuse a lot faster than if it was sprayed on a surface that was 60 degrees F? If you are in a room that is 70 degrees Fahrenheit, the average skin temperature is actually 93 degrees Fahrenheit (34 Degrees C)

Now this is a bit more complicated because PXS has developed their Diffusion Technology that helps them diffuse better and last longer (especially with the alcohol sprays), but how have people approached this? I would love any sciency expert responses or even personal usage experiences! Thanks!
                      I think it really depends on your targets. I work in an office setting with cubicle style desks. Typically I would visit each member on my team and help them. So often I'm sitting right beside them. Oils have no problem working for me. Sprays work well when I'm not sitting side by side with my team members. I usually wear the social sprays. Although there are days where I have worn just the oil, and I get hits from women and men who do not sit in my immediate section and sit in another section. I guess the most important things to take into consideration is your location versus your intended objective.

Comment

Originally posted by Zedd View Post

I think it really depends on your targets. I work in an office setting with cubicle style desks. Typically I would visit each member on my team and help them. So often I'm sitting right beside them. Oils have no problem working for me. Sprays work well when I'm not sitting side by side with my team members. I usually wear the social sprays. Although there are days where I have worn just the oil, and I get hits from women and men who do not sit in my immediate section and sit in another section. I guess the most important things to take into consideration is your location versus your intended objective.
                        Good point. Yes for any target greater than 5 feet away I ALWAYS use sprays. The oils are only good for very close targets. That being said, if you are on an outing with someone all day long, oil is superior as it gets your moneys worth in longevity (or all day at work for example).
                        PXS
                        AD

Comment

I prefered oil before, now I am all for sprays and only use oil blends for sexual pheros. Some things are better known only close up to me.
                          Arsenal

??????Full bottles: Sport, Celebrity, Innocence, Connections, And Babe, Cohesion, Temptress, Thinker, Fantasy, Psel, Tease, Xist x 2, Odyssey, LoveBoat, Vibe, Madame, Bliss, Summer Daze (XS122), Fairy Tale Limitless, XSP86, Engage, Happiness, Sweetness, Glow, Bitch, XS194, xs189, xs190, xs191, xs193, xs196, xs199, Naked Gun, Mascot, Pencil Thin Mustache and XSP102, Goddess, Api. DM oil.

LPMP: Heart & Soul, Lumina, Cougar, MLH, Blatant Invitation, Sexology, Sexpionage, Audacious, Levitation, Popularity Potion, LFM, LFN, True Confession, Empathy.

Comment

I have always ordered all my fragrances in oil form as it lasts much longer. I attend school in Illinois, with raging winds and temperatures easily 20 degrees below freezing on the daily. I haven't noticed any diminished diffusion effects from oil products but I definitely noticed I create a insane cloud within 15 feet of myself in a closed setting. (Large coffee shop in my school Union) I have noticed hits from girls walking by a good 15 feet away.

Comment

Hits with oils from 15 ft away? That's unheard of. Not even in the hottest environments have I seen that. What kind of hits are we talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by Scottie2Hottie View Post
                                Hits with oils from 15 ft away? That's unheard of. Not even in the hottest environments have I seen that. What kind of hits are we talking about?
                                Shoot me a message Falvinski I'm very observant as a psychology minor and having been used 600 drops of SOB, I can give you a very detailed review on that. As for Ascend with cops. I received it in the morning and have been wearing it for about 3 consecutive hours now (2 drops). I'm going to record a few observations for the sake of that review.
                                1. (Bus-ride to class) Glances from multiple females but could not tell if they smelled the cops (they're definitely there. A SMIDGEN less than SOB) or they were genuinely attracted to me.
                                2. (Getting coffee at Starbucks) Stood in line, few Asian girls behind me were definitely affected with dilated pupils and hairplay. It definitely helps that I'm a decent looking Korean guy and they didn't seem to really be "intimidated" by me. The girl on the register was stuttering, attentive, and put cream cheese in my bagel even though I told her I was intolerant LOL. The manager there Ted is a grumpy old man yet he was the one that took the bagel out of the oven and personally handed it to me calling me sir. What. This man is easily 30 years my senior and have known to be an absolute a** when annoyed. Okay.
                                3. Girl next to me on a big couch kept creeping closer and closer and pretty much fell asleep barely a foot away from me.
                                Sounds like a newbie's getting a bit overexcited with the mones and seeing phantom-hits.

Also, used 600 drops of SOB with no review posted?

Comment

Originally posted by Tobias View Post
                                  Oil vs spray? Why not oil AND spray!
                                  ????A fun carefree social spray and a sexual flirty oil... Booyaaaaashaka
                                  Like the way you think
                                  Pheromone XS
                                  Oil: evolve, xist
                                  Spray: Xist, Evolve, cohesion, sob

Comment

Ad down

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X