yobit.net eobot.com digifinex
  • Thank you for visiting DiscoverXS your pheromone research community.
    If this is your first visit please register so you can join the community: click the Sign Up link above to proceed.
    To start viewing messages, please login and select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD IN POSts

Collapse

To all perfumers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To all perfumers...

I think some of you here are perfumers. I dislike artificial scents. What do you suggest for natural scents, including essential oils?

Any thoughts about the online course via perfumersapprentice or other such courses?

potiongirl Your input would be appreciated. You are the teacher, expert, and guru now.

Where do you find your ambergris?

What are your thoughts on using civet?

Where does musk come from?

What about civet, musk, and ambergris substitutes?

I've been using cedramber as an ambergris substitute and welcome your thoughts on cedramber, too.

I'm sure I'm not the only perfumer here and although I've been perfuming as a profession for about 15 yrs now, there's always more to learn. I can tell you that there's a lot of information to wade through out there if you're on your own and trying to google stuff. So also, I can answer simply and easily but please do go out and explore for more info if you're really into it. With perfuming there are many different suppliers and schools of thought on sourcing and we definitely keep our secrets close to the heart. I personally never use civet or natural musks because they're sourced by unethical treatment of animals. I love perfuming and am just beginning my study of what works to cover And enhance these pheromones I'm playing with here. So far, with the PSEL which is heavy with Cops, the Jasmine absolute I have and a spray of Ambergris tincture is Pure Heaven. I make a perfume called Love that has Jasmine, Rose, Beeswax absolute Ambergris and a drop of something not to be revealed. It's like absolute Heaven over the top of the PSEL and also used it over Tease and I'm hopefully getting my pxs86 today so I'll experiment with whatever samples I get as well as. I make an organic chocolate perfume which is also amazing over PSEL. I think it's good to mix something sweet with the COPS and I'm quite certain without ever smelling it, that SteveO's Jasmine Vanilla and also the Choclate perfume covers are perfect for these pheromones. He's such an expert I'm 100% sure these work perfectly. I just use what I've already been formulating for years and I'm sure I'll experiment with new scents now as well. Here's some pertinent info on your musks and civet question. I have not used Cedramber but I have purchased molecules from perfumer's Apprentice in the past. Good company!

"The main sources of animal musk are the secretions of civet cats, beavers, sperm whales, and musk deer. Civet cats, who are rarely bred in captivity, are captured in the wild and held in tiny cages barely larger than their bodies, where they are kept without release in hot, smoke-filled sheds for up to 15 years. [1] Every 10 days or so the musk is brutally extracted from the glands of the conscious civets. Many of the civets cease to eat after the first extraction is performed. [2] As recently as 13 years ago, the European beaver, which is trapped and killed to obtain its musk, was at risk due to over hunting for their scent-containing castoreum sacs. [3][4] Musk deer are also killed for their scent-containing pods, to the point that many populations are nearing extinction. Although only the male musk deer secretes musk, both male and female deer are killed indiscriminately in the hunt for musk. Three to five deer are killed for every one scent-pod collected. [5]

Comment

potiongirl Thank you for such a lengthy informative post. I've avoided civet for just those reasons you listed, but perfumersapprentice has a substitute I think. Musk was also something I wanted an effective substitute for, but was uncertain if there was any ethical or effective sources.

Ambergris I avoided because of ethical concerns again, so I went with cedramber, but you seem so knowledgeable.

Which company do you get your ambergris from? Is it actual natural ambergris or is it a laboratory created substitute?

Comment

• potiongirl
        potiongirl commented
        Editing a comment
        totally natural,beach gathered secret source, sorry. And reallllly expensive! I use it only in my most high end perfumes. True natural magic.

potiongirl Thank you for being generous with your knowledge. I'm glad you have put so much time in to researching ethical sources.

Comment

potiongirl , seems like you know a lot about perfumes.
        I'm pretty new and i would like to know if anti-bacterial properties of some essential oils have any negative effects on pheromones or not?

If i add a few drops of a couple of essential oils into my spray, will it ruin the effects of my mones or not??

Comment

Originally posted by MisterO View Post
          I'm pretty new and i would like to know if anti-bacterial properties of some essential oils have any negative effects on pheromones or not?

If i add a few drops of a couple of essential oils into my spray, will it ruin the effects of my mones or not??
          I can tell you this, only from experience. Pepper/Nutmeg is wonderful stuff for diffusion and Nutmeg is a very strong anti-bacterial. At least from my testing it never seemed to mess with the blends.

Your best bet is to get a small bottle of your favorite EO and then trial and error with some mones. Get a bottle of your favorite single molecule that you have a full understanding how it works and test the heck out of it with some EO's. You'd be surprised how certain fragrances will change the dynamics of how a mone works.

Steve O
          PLEASE DON'T PRIVATE MESSAGE ME. I'M MONTHS BEHIND.

This is my passion and my goal: to change the world, 1 person at a time, by empowering them with knowledge, know-how and the products that give them the ability to live their dreams.

A dream or vision is only a pretty picture without the passion and willingness to get your ass kicked chasing after it.

discoverXS is our adventure story! Thank you for being a part of it

Pheromone Questions? (I like to answer the phones)
          Pheromone Answer Line: +1(901)-328-6433

Comment

Originally posted by MisterO View Post

Bacteria on the skin can break down or convert certain pheros. Anything antibacterial to me would be a plus in some cases. I think that, in general, alcohol based products have a bit of an advantage in maintaining the purity of the pheros you apply. The alcohol has antibacterial properties and can help you start with a clean slate.

That being said, I'm not entirely convinced that phero conversion is necessarily a bad thing. I know that back in the day I used strictly oils and often found that after an hour or so of "cooking" on my skin the pheros were amplified. That's when the magic began to happen.

The choice of alcohol vs oil is a matter of personal preference. I typically choose alcohol based products. But that has nothing to do with conversion or break down. In my line of work (my main environment for mone use) my encounters are brief and I don't have the time for slow diffusing oils. Alcohol hits faster, harder and at a longer range than oils. It just suits my situation better. The only oil I own right now is APi.

Comment

Ad down

Collapse
            Working...
            X