yobit.net eobot.com digifinex
  • Thank you for visiting DiscoverXS your pheromone research community.
    If this is your first visit please register so you can join the community: click the Sign Up link above to proceed.
    To start viewing messages, please login and select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD IN POSts

Collapse

Do Pheromones Play A Role In Our Sex Lives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Pheromones Play A Role In Our Sex Lives

Humans might use a nuanced concoction of chemicals even more complex than formal pheromones to attract potential mates

Scientific American
    By Adam Hadhazy on February 13, 2012

Steve O
    PLEASE DON'T PRIVATE MESSAGE ME. I'M MONTHS BEHIND.

This is my passion and my goal: to change the world, 1 person at a time, by empowering them with knowledge, know-how and the products that give them the ability to live their dreams.

A dream or vision is only a pretty picture without the passion and willingness to get your ass kicked chasing after it.

discoverXS is our adventure story! Thank you for being a part of it

Pheromone Questions? (I like to answer the phones)
    Pheromone Answer Line: +1(901)-328-6433

Honestly, even though I have a degree and professional job, the science and terminology are above my paygrade. I would love to educate myself on the subject though. Obviously, we knew it was always there, or at least you did thankfully. But, it's always nice to have validation. And scientific validation at that. I like cranial nerve o, Steve O. Coincidence??? I think not.
    I've tried much more, but these are my current, or most used mones:
    Spray- XiSt, Evolve, SOB, Ascend, Celebrity, Cohesion, PSE, P86, P96, P75, P130
    Oil- XiSt, Taboo, Evolve, Ascend, Api, Voodoo

Comment

What the female moth is working with is certainly impressive.

The term "pheromone" itself came about in 1959 with the identification of bombykol, a powerful aphrodisiac secreted by female silk moths that can work over kilometers of distance. "The males are enormously sensitive to it," says Tristram Wyatt, a zoologist at the University of Oxford. "Just a very few molecules are enough to get the male to fly to the female."

Interesting read,thanks for sharing Steve O

Comment

KateD Something left unsaid here, that really bears some thought.... How does a male moth get a sense of direction to the female moth from detecting "a few molecules"? Remember, she is "kilometers away" Somehow I think there's more to this than we understand ...

For example, I wore a good mix a week ago, was driving in a parking lot in an atmittedly nondescript vehicle, and got what I would normally call an over the top IOI / hit from a beautiful mid 20s woman whose back was turned to me, but who I was looking at , standing about 20/30 feet in front of my car.

I can't explain it without referencing Rupert Sheldrake. But I doubt I'm unique in getting hits through glass or in other situations where it couldn't be possible that the subject is responding to our pheromone signature. I think that we often explain this as "self-effects" But what is the mechanism for 'expected pheromone reaction' plus 'subjects back is turned' plus ' isolated scent envelope' plus 'dramatic IOI'?

Cheers,

Quicksilver
        Last edited by Quicksilver; 06-08-2016, 10:57 PM.

Comment

• Quicksilver
          Quicksilver commented
          Editing a comment
          Also, just wondering how I lost apparently about a thousand reputation points since becoming active on the forum again? Maybe my memory is spotty? (Update: I must be nuts)
          Last edited by Quicksilver; 06-08-2016, 10:54 PM. Reason: Can't really figure out a logical reason why my one sticky post would have netted me so many reputation points. I need to get out and breathe some fresh air or something.

• KateD
          KateD commented
          Editing a comment
          Interesting and thanks for your input.Please pm idle about the loss of your rp points

Originally posted by Quicksilver View Post
        KateD Something left unsaid here, that really bears some thought.... How does a male moth get a sense of direction to the female moth from detecting "a few molecules"? Remember, she is "kilometers away" Somehow I think there's more to this than we understand ...

For example, I wore a good mix a week ago, was driving in a parking lot in an atmittedly nondescript vehicle, and got what I would normally call an over the top IOI / hit from a beautiful mid 20s woman whose back was turned to me, but who I was looking at , standing about 20/30 feet in front of my car.

I can't explain it without referencing Rupert Sheldrake. But I doubt I'm unique in getting hits through glass or in other situations where it couldn't be possible that the subject is responding to our pheromone signature. I think that we often explain this as "self-effects" But what is the mechanism for 'expected pheromone reaction' plus 'subjects back is turned' plus ' isolated scent envelope' plus 'dramatic IOI'?

Cheers,

Quicksilver
        Yeah that is interesting because I've had several big obvious hits/ DIHLs from women far across a room and almost instantly upon them entering the room, clearly way too far away to be hit by my phero cloud. Yet the reaction is there. They sense something even at a fair distance and make immediate eye contact. Strange stuff for sure! ????
        Ammo:
        PXS: Ascend, Cohesion, Evolve, Bliss, Xist, Loveboat, PSE, XSR193(Boyfriend), SOB
        LAL: Aqua Vitae, Nude, Possess, Voodoo, Bad Wolf, DP
        PT: GOA, Swoon, Captain, AOA
        AD: Glace
        Lovescent: NNPA
        Androtics: A314 Rev 32, TUTH

Comment

XSteveO Thank you for posting this!

Comment

Ad down

Collapse
          Working...
          X