yobit.net eobot.com digifinex
  • Thank you for visiting DiscoverXS your pheromone research community.
    If this is your first visit please register so you can join the community: click the Sign Up link above to proceed.
    To start viewing messages, please login and select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD IN POSts

Collapse

ISO E Super or Timbersilk to aid diffusion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISO E Super or Timbersilk to aid diffusion?

Thoughts on these ingredients as an aid to diffusion?
    Bad Wolf

I have not used Timbersilk, but I do use ISO E Super as a component in my perfumery practice. I have not found it to be exceptionally special in terms of diffusion... although it does seem to have some pheromoniod effects of it's own at the right doses.

Comment

Resurrecting this thread!
      I've been playing with several brands is IES and recieved Timbersilk yesterday and am waiting on Sylvamber.
      Most immediate noticable affects have been on fragrance, but have observed quicker reaction to pheromone blends I've worn it with. It doesn't intensify them, so much as extend their reach and reduce the time I need to spend with a target for response. My testing is limited to this past week, but it's been repeatable and seems promising so far. I have only used the barest of amounts, approximately 0.5% of total mix (phero & fragrance combined)
      You're never too old to learn NuTrix ^_~

Comment

• MostHoly
        MostHoly commented
        Editing a comment
        Where do you get Timbersilk and Sylvamber?

• NuTrix
        NuTrix commented
        Editing a comment
        Perfumersapprentice.com has both. You can get samples (3-4ml?) for under $5. They have the Iso E Super too. Truly, the tiny bit will last you and for the price to tinker? What the heck!

I'll post my findings here too.

Comment

I've used sylvamber as recommended in another forum, but to be honest it doesn't go that well with fresh-smelling cover scents. Didn't really notice much of a difference in projection either. I used 10% Syl and 90% Dior Sauvage+mones.

Comment

Originally posted by nephil View Post
          I've used sylvamber as recommended in another forum, but to be honest it doesn't go that well with fresh-smelling cover scents. Didn't really notice much of a difference in projection either. I used 10% Syl and 90% Dior Sauvage+mones.
          Thanks nephil! I've just made a 10% solution of Sylvamber with perfumer's alcohol. Haven't had the chance to test it yet. I read on a perfume forum to combine Timbersilk and Iso at a 3/7 ratio, respectively, for optimum results for longevity and diffusion. I have mixed that also but am still testing TS and haven't used it yet. I haven't added anything to a product yet, want t finish testing first But your post is very helpful, thank you.

Comment

• nephil
            nephil commented
            Editing a comment
            No problem! Wish I could have shared some positive results with you.

iso e super helps in diffusion. u can add it to (DPG)oil based or alcohol based pheromone products. u can add it as it is or make a dilution 50/50 or less with perfumers alcohol. There are other ingredients such as Lyral, among others that help in diffusion and radiance. Iso e super is a big molecule, some people can smell it, others quite not. It has a soft nice woody ambery scent. It is not expensive. my experience and knowledge relies more in perfumery field.

greetings and regards

Comment

I've found absolutely no change in diffusion in my testing of IES.

Comment

I've had the chance to play with IES, Timbersilk and Sylvamber for a year.

These are only my opinions and personal findings.

I know there's debate about the gamma isomer in Sylvamber. That it's "wrong" and/or different than that in Molecule 01.Some think Timbersilk is closer to Molecule 01 in respect to the gamma isomer and then down another notch is the Iso E Super with Sylvamber in the rear due to it lack of proper gamma. The whole deal with Molecule 01 is people trying to find the Iso gamma super or something as close as possible.

My whole rabbit trail into this started with looking for something to add to pheromone potency and/or projection.

I did not find it increased potency. I DO feel it increased projection. Pheromones appeared to affect people more quickly likely, as with any fragrance, due to the natural tendancy to inhale more deeply when encountering a foreign curious fragrance.

A word about the gamma isomer debate.
              IES, Timbersilk and Sylvamber all have different scent profiles. I have never smelled Molecule 01 to compare.
              While the gamma proportion may be "wrong" in Sylvamber, it is supposedly closest of the 3 to Molecule 01s scent profile, though still not the same and very probably missing the same punch that Iso gamma super has (for anyone hoping to duplicate Molecule 01).

I have chosen to ignore that debate now because I'm not trying to recreate Molecule 01.
              I'm playing with these for the sake of projection.

I've found a synergy in combining is more preferable to me than using any one singly.
              I also prefer the scent profile of the Sylvamber with the IES.
              I have basically made a spray with perfumer's alcohol at the ratio of 3.5:1 (Sylvamber:IES diluted to 10% in the perfumer's alcohol) that I apply first and allow to dry down, then add mones and, finally, cover fragrance.
              It DOES change the fragrance profile and can outlast your fragrances as well, so I would recommend trailing first, if you choose to go down this rabbit hole, lol, to see if you like how it turns out.

All in all, I say, yes. I think it aids in diffusion/projection. It won't increase the punch of your combos or make them stronger, but it could be fun to tinker with, if you so choose

Comment

Have you ever tried hedione? supposedly it has a floral scent profile but I have covers that would go with it. I have three projection molecules sitting in a cart somewhere. hedione is at the top of the list for projection but I like the sound of timbersilk, sounds manly enough. I believe it is in my RAW chemsitry pheromones for both genders

Comment

Originally posted by Muestereate View Post
                  Have you ever tried hedione? supposedly it has a floral scent profile but I have covers that would go with it. I have three projection molecules sitting in a cart somewhere. hedione is at the top of the list for projection but I like the sound of timbersilk, sounds manly enough. I believe it is in my RAW chemsitry pheromones for both genders
                  Hedione is ok. I'm not a huge floral fan, but Jasmine is one of my favorite scents. I purchased a couple from perfumers apprentice, hedione and hedione HC (both Firmenich - sp?) as I read they work synergistically. H/HHC, 2:1 ratio. They had little samples at 3 or 4 mls for a few bucks so I figured, why not?

I don't hate it, but I prefer the Iso.

I find the woody notes in Timbersilk, IES and Sylvamber more versatile with fragrances I already have. Hedione changes a fragrance as well, so a little tweaking for what you want. I just don't have a lot of florals or musk's or water type fragrances to really compliment it. I mean, it's nice on its own too, it's not my first choice.

Experimentally, I think the Iso projects better for me. And you only need the barest smidge. Iso is a beast!

Comment

Am thinking of getting Molecule 01 from Escentric, anyone have experience with it and/or using it with mones?

Comment

Originally posted by Spring View Post
                      Am thinking of getting Molecule 01 from Escentric, anyone have experience with it and/or using it with mones?
                      Please, unless you've sampled it at the store and enjoy it, start with a sample from here:

I have purchased from them many times. They give you the real perfumes.

I have never spent the $ on the perfume, as I've found my home brew more than sufficient But before doling out the cash for a bottle, a sample is a great way to test it for yourself

Comment

I just found that walmart online is selling escentric molecules, they are all under 80 dollars for the full size versus 135 and 150

Comment

Originally posted by Muestereate View Post
                          I just found that walmart online is selling escentric molecules, they are all under 80 dollars for the full size versus 135 and 150

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Escentric...-5-oz/51745793
                          I saw that too, but thought, that's a LOT of perfume to buy if you wind up not liking it

ETA
                          I've never tried the Molecule 01 perfume so I decided to take my own advice and got a sample from Luckyscent myself today

Comment

• Muestereate
                            Muestereate commented
                            Editing a comment
                            i thought I linked the molecule

Thanks NuTrix for the link, will heed your advice as well and start with a sample from there!

Comment

• NuTrix
                            NuTrix commented
                            Editing a comment

turns out I did link the molecule but it looks like I can buy Timbersilk by the kilogram. I guess i would have to mix it up myself.

https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com...rsilk-iff.aspx
                          how's that for wanting to buy too much? Lol
                          Last edited by Muestereate; 07-07-2019, 06:35 AM.

Comment

• NuTrix
                            NuTrix commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I would stick to the 4ml, it will last FOREVER. A little goes a LOOOOOOONG way

Got my sample of Molecule 01 by Escentic.

Yup. Pretty much what I expected. Typical Iso E fragrance to my nose.

I will wear it today just to see how the fragrance itself differs from my straight Iso E Super, Timbersilk and Sylvamber...

ETA
                          and, of course, to make it worth while I ordered some samples of other things and now I've made some new perfume purchases that I totally needed not... It's SO dangerous for my wallet to go there, but alas, science you know...I would blame
                          Spring , but I know myself better than that

Comment

• Coconut
                            Coconut commented
                            Editing a comment
                            How do you rate Molecule 01 i read some reviews months back that it was okay nothing special, how do you rate it?
                            hits etc

• NuTrix
                            NuTrix commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I've only worn it once since I got it, so can't say yet, will post when I've worn it more

any news on the molecule 01?, i'm in uk next week so interested to hear your reviews
                          XSPerfumes 10ml Sprays Comply,Sexy Confidence,Bitch, Celebrity, Babe,XSential Body Spray for women, P86, P114,P106,Mascot,Engage,BNOL,Sweetness,EST, Tease,Odyssey,Temptress,Flirt,Fairytale,Girlfriend ,Sleaze
                          XRS94,Innocense,Goddess,Madame,DMspray
                          Testers:Babe,Happiness,Temptress,Inbetween,Cohesio n
                          Cops:A,B,C

Oils: Fantasy,Copulin,Connections,DesireMe,Xist,Neno,EST
                          From a lab IsoE Super+Ambroxan

Comment

Molecule 01 smells like ISO should Which I like. A little goes a long way. It's unique and has good silage and longevity. Pheromonal? Meh. Maybe in the same way some fragrances I like make me roll my eyes, but that's subjective for persons who are really attracted to woody type fragrances more than molecule 01 being like a pheromone.

I think the concept is, because the way ISO (Molecule 01) lifts and difusses, it potentially lifts our own pheromones (you know, our own without XS, though I've found ISO, not necessarily Molecule 01, does do a good job of difusing pheromone blends) causing a similar reaction in others as though one were wearing a pheromone product (which we technically are all wearing our own pheromones, the Molecule 01/ISO is simply pulling them up from our skin and putting them out there).

Was that way more confusing than it needed to be?

Final thoughts. Save your $. Buy ISO cheap and make a home brew or for pheromones specifically, get SteveO's DT

Comment

Ad down

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X