yobit.net eobot.com digifinex
  • Thank you for visiting DiscoverXS your pheromone research community.
    If this is your first visit please register so you can join the community: click the Sign Up link above to proceed.
    To start viewing messages, please login and select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD IN POSts

Collapse

Handshaking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handshaking?

When you shake someone's hand, do you find yourself smelling your hand after? Is this common, and why do people do it?Read More:Nice to sniff you: Handshakes...

Thoughts...

No we all don't do it. It is weird butttttttt am extremely intrigued now and plan on doing this. Lol,wait. I would feel a bit insulted if a person smelt their hands after a hand shake with me and not sure I want to do it now.

Comment

Never done that myself. My first thoughts after a handshake usually are:
      - Does this person wash his/her hands after using the bathroom?
      - What was the last thing they touched, and do I want to put that up to my nose with no idea what it was?

The only time I actually ever bring my hand up to my nose after a handshake is if my nose itches and I decide to rub it off with the back of my hand. Or scratch it. Obviously, the other person will probably realized they just shook hands with someone who scratches/rubs their nose so they'll either clean their hands, or don't.

Otherwise, maybe what the video is claiming is actually something we do subtly while the video shows it being done explicitly.

Originally posted by KateD View Post
      I would feel a bit insulted if a person smelt their hands after a hand shake with me...
      I agree with KateD on that one.
      Alpha Dream: Glace, Alfa Maschio
      Pheremone XS: A1 (50 mcg), Bliss, Vibe, Xist, Exotica, Love Boat, Flirt, Ascend, Dominant Ascend, Connections, Cohesion, Celebrity, Evolve Spray, Taboo, APi, Thinker, XS144 Outspoken, Approach Confidence, Limitless, Evolve oil, Taboo oil, SOB, Odyssey, Happy, XS155 Social Lube
      Love Scent: Chikara gel packs
      AD: P83, IS (10mcg/spray), TAC
      LAL: Nude Alpha
      Orange Font = Sample Bottles

Comment

Hmm. I meet new people in my work OFTEN. I have been interviewing fairly regularly recently as well. I notice grip, eye contact and body posture but I don't recall any huffing of paws afterwards BUT I will try to make a mental note next time to see if any such thing occurs...with me or the other party.
        You're never too old to learn NuTrix ^_~

Comment

I don't like shaking people's hands actually. It just feels really weird and awkward and inauthentic to me. Also, research suggests that while most women (4.5 out of 5 I think) do wash their hands after visiting the bathroom, only 1 in 5 men do the same. Blatantly disgusting. I wouldn't want to sniff my hand after shaking someone else's. I'm more likely to just head straight for the alcohol hand gel stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgaine View Post
            I don't like shaking people's hands actually. It just feels really weird and awkward and inauthentic to me. Also, research suggests that while most women (4.5 out of 5 I think) do wash their hands after visiting the bathroom, only 1 in 5 men do the same. Blatantly disgusting. I wouldn't want to sniff my hand after shaking someone else's. I'm more likely to just head straight for the alcohol hand gel stuff.
            Not sure if you do (as I've actually learned that some don't) but best to wash your hands after some time with soap and warm water. Hand sanitizer kills germs effectively if used correctly (2 squirts, make sure to rub between your fingers and get under the nails), but until you wash them off, you still have them on your hands... just dead.
            Alpha Dream: Glace, Alfa Maschio
            Pheremone XS: A1 (50 mcg), Bliss, Vibe, Xist, Exotica, Love Boat, Flirt, Ascend, Dominant Ascend, Connections, Cohesion, Celebrity, Evolve Spray, Taboo, APi, Thinker, XS144 Outspoken, Approach Confidence, Limitless, Evolve oil, Taboo oil, SOB, Odyssey, Happy, XS155 Social Lube
            Love Scent: Chikara gel packs
            AD: P83, IS (10mcg/spray), TAC
            LAL: Nude Alpha
            Orange Font = Sample Bottles

Comment

• Morgaine
              Morgaine commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the tip Fdesa12! I wasn't aware of that.

I can't say that I have ever smelled my hand after a handshake, but like where it is going in terms of learning about who we just met. This is the reason we are all here.
            Just expanded my collection.... XiSt, Cohesion, Bliss, and Evolve. Trying out the massage oils too. Also have samples of Ascend, Thinker, and Connections.

Comment

I would think wiping the back of your hand against an app point would do the trick to behonest before hand.

Comment

Comment

This is the original study: http://elifesciences.org/content/4/e05154
                  And this is the blog post that introduced me to it, back in March: http://www.spring.org.uk/2015/03/peo...akes-sniff.php

Everyone seems really weirded out, but it's really not that surprising. The actual sniffing isn't something we do consciously, remember? You probably don't count the number of time you scratch their nose/adjust your hair/rest your chin on your hand each day. I see guys resting their thumb against their lower lip sometimes, when they're listening or thinking... Just another one of those mindless, fidgety things you do, that could double as an opportunity for your brain to covertly register new odours/pheromones.. In any case, it's good news for us!
                  "My motto as I live and learn: dig, and be dug in return!"
                  (Adapted from a poem by Langston Hughes)

Comment

I Never did anything like that .

Comment

Ad down

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X