yobit.net eobot.com digifinex
  • Thank you for visiting DiscoverXS your pheromone research community.
    If this is your first visit please register so you can join the community: click the Sign Up link above to proceed.
    To start viewing messages, please login and select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD IN POSts

Collapse

Alcohol and Oil Ratio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alcohol and Oil Ratio

Hello!

I read in the FAQs that all of the products do have the oil (DPG) in them. I guess I am wondering the ratio of alcohol and oil in the sprays? I got curious because Love Potion does something like 60/40 ratio of Alcohol and Oil. I am new and so I don't know what is good or not but I am curious about the ratio in XS products and why that ratio is good... I like understanding what I use so I can use it to the best of my ability!

I'm sorry if this was already asked/answered somewhere? I tried to find the information but couldn't nail it down.

Thank you for any information!

Steve has said there isn't much alcohol in xs products, how much hasn't been disclosed, in general the more fixative, in this case DPG in the product the slower the molecules will diffuse and the longer the product will last, however this can decrease the range of how far the molecules will travel and the intensity of the hits. It's a balancing act really, if you have lots of alcohol in the mix it's going to hit hard and fast and have good range but won't last very long. Oils (anything above 50% DPG) tend to be higher concentration then sprays but due to the lower diffusion rate hit slower and can often come off as more natural. You also need to remember that different scents are going to have an effect on silage and range of the mones. Hope that makes sense.

Comment

Tres bon question and even greater reply. I am glad it was asked as am sure many will benefit from it.

Comment

Thank you for the answers Ghost! That's actually really encouraging. I am no chemist, but in my mind I was thinking more oil would be better. And then just enough alcohol to have it diffuse quicker and farther. That was actually what I was hoping for! I guess that explains why XS sprays are said to last so much longer than other sprays! Awesome sauce. I am ordering my first product tonight! Can't wait!

Comment

• KateD
          KateD commented
          Editing a comment
          Awesome sauce.We need to use that in a slogan. Love it!

I'd be interested in the answer to this Q too

XS mones last 6-8 hours by description on site. LPs 60/40s behave similarly for me. Both have lasted even longer - I'm in a climate controlled environment most days though too, so that helps them to last as well.

I have created my own sprays and there's a point where too much oil makes more of a dribbling stream than a spray
        You're never too old to learn NuTrix ^_~

Comment

I have wondered about the time line. I use 6-8 as a guideline, and generally add another spray in the 7 hour range as needed. I have heard to anticipate longer, but still if I am out with my target and I am nearing 7-8 hours, I figure another shot is a good thing.
          Just expanded my collection.... XiSt, Cohesion, Bliss, and Evolve. Trying out the massage oils too. Also have samples of Ascend, Thinker, and Connections.

Comment

i wanna try in India , (high Hot and humid ) normal temp at my place is 40 degree centigrade. so will post more on this

Comment

Ad down

Collapse
            Working...
            X