yobit.net eobot.com digifinex
  • Thank you for visiting DiscoverXS your pheromone research community.
    If this is your first visit please register so you can join the community: click the Sign Up link above to proceed.
    To start viewing messages, please login and select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD IN POSts

Collapse

Layering Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Layering Questions

This my first question here on the forum...new to the forum but been experimenting with pheros since 2009.

I've read a few post regarding the layering of products but didn't quite find what I was looking for so, I figured I'd start a new thread on the topic.

I'm very particular about my fragrance choices and usually go light on cover scents. I really appreciate the fact that Steve's pheros come unscented by default. I do however, understand the importance of using a cover scent to aid with diffusion.

With that said, on my initial order of 3 products(XiSt, Love Boat, Connections), I got the first 2 unscented and Connections with the Sultan's Oud added. My intention is to layer the the unscented pheros, allowing each to dry before the next is applied, and then finish with the Connections(Sultan's Oud) as the final layer.

Just wanted some opinions on my intended application technique.

Also, if anyone has experience using pheros unscented and without a cover scent, I'm interested in your feedback as it would be my preference, in a perfect world scenario.

Thanks for your consideration and taking a moment to read this post.

Best, MrSalt

Hi Mr Salt and welcome, I'm sure Steve is using a diffusion technology in his sprays, so you don't have to cover them at all, however due to the heavy mone content I would recommend at least using one scented product because they can be a bit stinky other wise

Comment

Thanks for the advice, Ghost. You're right, I've found the diffusion of the unscented products to be quite good. I actually really like the scent of the raw mones...modestly musky and quite nice, to my nose at least. I also really like the scent of the Sultan's Oud and find it to be subtle, unique and refined...positive remarks from everyone who's taken notice.

Best, Salt

Comment

MrSalt if you like Sultan's Oud then you will also like C. Dior Homme intense, which can last for over 10 hrs on your skin...... Strong enough to cover even Ascend (with cops) and I always get nice comments from ladies.

Comment

i think good answers already posted

Comment

I think the method you've described as well as the particular combination sounds spot on. As for using unscented mones, some feel perfect for me without anything extra, Bliss in particular, but with something like SOB it gets harder. I think you're safe with your choices so far, and shouldn't have any problems with using any of those unscented. Another thing to keep in mind is that in most circumstances, at least in my opinion, diffusion doesn't play a huge role, considering it's likelier for you to be close to someone you want to enter your cloud, so to speak.

Also, don't forget to try out each one separately as well, at least once

To sum up: good choices! Do ittttt

Comment

I hafta disagree. Diffusion plays a huge role. It isn't just limited to range....someone being within your cloud as you say. But rather the rate of diffusion. Some mones are slow to diffuse and linger longer. E.g., Enone is a heavy molecule and considered to be "sticky"...prone to buildup. Others are quite ethereal and diffuse quickly. E.g, nols or putatives (i.e., 90 min.to a few hours). RANGE of diffusion has more to do with environmental conditions (i.e., ambient temp, skin temp, air flow, etc.) regardless of RATE of diffusion. In general, diffusion is a balancing act.

Comment

Just got my shipment of XiSt and Evolve (both unscented) and I noticed this post on layering, and have a couple of questions:

Should I spray XiSt/Evolve first then put a cologne on top, or should I spray the cologne first then spray the XiSt/Evolve?
                Or:
                Should I spray the XiSt/Evolve then put the cologne in a different area?

Bonus question: same questions as above but using both XiSt and Evolve with a cologne.
                Currently hate:
                XS: XiSt, Evolve
                LAL: Nude Alpha
                AD: A314 (Stealth), TUTH, Ammo, P75 (FF23), P96 (FF22), P131 (Stealth)
                Covers: Jovan Musk, Tribute Molecule 01, Azzaro Chrome, Joop!, 1 Million, Quorum

Comment

Different people use each of those various techniques, depending on their preference. I personally apply the mones then cover with cologne. My thinking behind this is that colognes contain fixatives the keep them from diffusing too quickly. PXS pheros also contain fixatives for the same reason. I want to do anything I can to extend the life of my mones so I take advantage of these fixatives as much as possible so that my pheros will last as long as possible.

But don't take my word for it, try the various methods and see which works best for you.

Comment

Ad down

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X