yobit.net eobot.com digifinex
  • Thank you for visiting DiscoverXS your pheromone research community.
    If this is your first visit please register so you can join the community: click the Sign Up link above to proceed.
    To start viewing messages, please login and select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD IN POSts

Collapse

How many mcg per spray?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many mcg per spray?

I've got some pheros ordered and plan on mixing up my own concoction. I found some spray nozzles that are 0.16cc how do I figure out how many mcg's that is? I asked Mr. Google, but from what I've read every liquid has its own density and need the density of what I put in the bottle, but I have no idea where to find that information.

1 cc = 1 milileter. But that just gives you the volume of the spray. It won't tell you the mcg/spray. That is determined by the concentration of the total mix (or by adding the concentration of the individual molecules) divided by total volume of liquid. I'm assuming that the carrier is alcohol.

Comment

I ordered Bnol, Enone (both alcohol based sprays), and A1 (oil based) So let's say just for simplicity I wanted to do one part of each to make up for 50% of the total volume of the bottle and then add perfumers alcohol for the additional 50% to total 100%. That would be 16.6% of each of the three pheros and 50% alcohol. ( these numbers are just an example I will not be mixing these percentages) the Bnol and Enone are equipped with 5mcg spray nozzles, the A1 has a 5mcg dropper. So what other info would I need to determine the total mcg of that particular mix if the spray nozzle for the finished product dispersed 0.16cc?

Comment

• Marko76
        Marko76 commented
        Editing a comment
        I forgot to mention it will be a 30ml (1oz) bottle. Since we're dealing with % I didn't think it was too relevant, but just in case.

• Scottie2Hottie
        Scottie2Hottie commented
        Editing a comment
        Actually the volume of liquid is totally essential for calculations. Percentages are useful only insofar as they will help to determine volumes and therefore dosage.

I'll try to crunch some numbers later when I get home from work.

Comment

Ok so you're total volume will be 30 ml and you want 50% of that volume (15 ml) to be perfumer's alcohol. That leaves a remaining volume of 15 ml divided by the 3 pheros. That comes out to 5 ml of each phero. So for both Bnol and Enone we have a concentration of 5 mcg/spray. That means that each one is 40 mcg/ml @ 5 ml gives you a total of 200 mcg. So 200 mcg divide by a total volume of 30 ml yields 6.66 mcg/ml times .16 ml/spray comes out to 1.07 mcg/spray. Now the A1 is a totally different story. The volume of an avg drop is .03 ml so I will use that for calculations. So at a dosage of 5 mcg/drop we get 166.67 mcg/ml times 5 ml equals 833.33 mcg total of A1. Divide that by 30 ml total volume and you get 27.78 mcg/ml times .16ml/spray yields 4.44 mcg/spray.

But those are just numbers. There are other things to consider. For one 5 ml of your A1 requires you to use half of your 10 ml bottle. Also 5 ml will require 166 drops. That's a lot to count/measure. You will also need a way to measure the volume of your pheros already in alcohol. Also with 5 ml of oil 16.67% of your total volume will be DPG. That will affect viscosity and how well it sprays.

Going back to the numbers...1 mcg/spray is incredibly low. I use 15-20 mcg of Enone and 50 mcg of Bnol in my mixes. Furthermore, depending on the feel I want I use any from 20-60 mcg of A1. You're going to need a ton of sprays to reach an effective dose. I think you would be better off applying individually rather than premixing.

Comment

I'm not too concerned about having to count the drops, as I would be using a scale and mixing by weight. I find It's more accurate that way. Also the pipettes I use drop 0.02ml, but none of that's important unless I can find a more concentrated base to start with. As you said it would take a ridiculous amount of sprays to achieve a desirable dosage, so it all appears to be a mute point. I guess I'll just stick to individual sprays of each, for now. Thanks for the help.

Comment

You can get away very nicely with a 40/60% oil to alcohol ratio for sprays. I don't know what mcgs your sprays are, but you will likely be using more b-nol and Enone than A1. Perhaps do your calculations to your raw materials and if your A1 is below 40% of your total volume you wouldn't need to add extra PA unless you needed to dilute for individual quantity of mcg per spray
            You're never too old to learn NuTrix ^_~

Comment

Ad down

Collapse
            Working...
            X