yobit.net eobot.com digifinex
  • Thank you for visiting DiscoverXS your pheromone research community.
    If this is your first visit please register so you can join the community: click the Sign Up link above to proceed.
    To start viewing messages, please login and select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD IN POSts

Collapse

DHEA-S Long Term Storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DHEA-S Long Term Storage

How long will sulfates stay good on the shelf after the pure molecule has been mixed with a carrier. And are they best kept in the freezer or fridge? I believe the pure sulfates have to stay in real cold storage for long term. But what if I get a bottle of dhea-s for my own home brews and only use a little at a time? How long will it remain good?

Thanks

As well as making this post, I sent an email to PheromoneXS contact us in hopes of getting an answer. They suggested I present the question to this community to get an answer. As well, the reply also stated that dhea-s does not degrade in the bottle but does on the skin. While presenting to this community didn't get a response and probably wouldn't have gotten a scientifically supported answer and in need of a second opinion, I sought out a lab that does manufacture dhea-s and that actually does have the equipment, scientific ability, and professional scientific credibility to answer this question. The reply is this -

A sulfate like dhea-s will degrade to dhea over time and this will happen even faster with heat, light, improper ph, and oxidation from air. It is suggested that pure form dhea-s be stored with as little exposer to light and oxygen as possible at -20c. They could give no comment on rate of degradation when mixed with other elements because the composition and ph of these elements, mixed and alone, is unknown to them. Regardless, not kept in a controlled environment, it is progressive.

To me, this may be a partial explanation as to why you can't just simply buy this over the counter as a supplement. I don't know. It may just be unnecessary as a supplement as well.

Anyway, I'm satisfied with my answer and thought I would share.

Comment

Hi Manifold, I am not a scientist but I am familiar with the differences between DHEA and DHEAS when used as a pheromone. I have had a bottle of DHEAS from XS for probably 12 months now and have not noticed any change in effects on myself or others in that time. I do keep all my single molecules in a cool dark drawer in my house though.

Comment

Hi Ghost. Thanks for your input. My concern may or may not be warranted. I've made my own mixes for years and DHEAS is something I've never added to them but have recently decided to. So, of course, I do a lot of research and what I discover is that over time, this as well as others can change if not used and stored properly. How much and how quickly, I don't know. I as well am no scientist and don't have the equipment to test at the chemical level to see if, for example, how much of my DHEAS stored in a cool drawer for 12 months is still present and how much has changed. Sure, there may still be some there and I still may get desired effect. However, I may not be getting the same ratio as I did 12 months ago. I like to think that my mixes have been well thought out, tested, and are at least somewhat technically correct. So this kind of stuff important to me to what is probably a fault.

Still, as I said, it may be an unwarranted concern. However, I do like and tend to trust the response I got from the folks who I would assume should know all the ins and out of their chemical reagents. I figure just to be safe, I'll probably keep mine in a raw as form as possible in a -20c environment, make small batches as I need them, and keep environmental exposure to a minimum. It may be overkill. But better too much than not enough when it comes to protecting investments and results.

Thanks again.

Comment

Here ya go. dheas directly from a lab in raw form is shipped overnight on ice. It is classified as a temperature sensitive chemical that must be refrigerated on receipt. It IS furthermore recommended to be long term stored at -20c. So it is an assumption and just my own assumption based on logic that if a bottle of this was ordered, came on a hot summer day, and sat in my mail box all day, its potency would be partially if not completely diminished. Mixing it with alcohol or oil does not preserve it. It accelerates the decomposition into dhea.

Comment

Originally posted by Manifold View Post
            Here ya go. dheas directly from a lab in raw form is shipped overnight on ice. It is classified as a temperature sensitive chemical that must be refrigerated on receipt. It IS furthermore recommended to be long term stored at -20c. So it is an assumption and just my own assumption based on logic that if a bottle of this was ordered, came on a hot summer day, and sat in my mail box all day, its potency would be partially if not completely diminished. Mixing it with alcohol or oil does not preserve it. It accelerates the decomposition into dhea.
            Thank you for the information.

It would be useful to know how long it takes to convert. I'm assuming that the reason it is kept at -20c is because this is the minimum temperature at which conversion starts. If it is minutes or even an hour at room temp then there may not be much point using dheas at all, as once you spray it on to skin it would break down too quickly to be useful, from using it though I don't think this is the case.

Comment

I believe it lasts a decent time on the skin. At least 3 or 4 hours. However, as far as I know, mine has never been exposed to even room temperature before I've applied it. As well, I generally wear pregnenalone along with it, which is quite nice and along the same self effects. I'm not sure how it affects other folks but it sure effects me and my mood. DHEAS, DHEA, and pregnenalone were the first of all pheromones that I actually felt unmistakably hit my brain immediately rather than over time. DHEAS can be rather intense. If you don't feel that, it may be degraded.

When I started this thread, all I knew was the nature of sulfates. I felt there must be something more that stabilized these mixes if they're being sent through the mail in all seasons and temperatures. They do degrade. And what I was told initially that they only degrade on the skin, at least without some kind of stabilizer that I don't know about, is not accurate.

Every since I was a kid, I've made, grew, and brewed everything I use. It's smart and cost effective. A lot of those things are in the past but my nature is still creative and scientific. I've known of these 3 for a while but only started messing with them recently. I like them. I'll figure this out eventually.

Comment

DHEAS has some nice self effects, if I had to describe it I would say it makes me very chill, it gives me a bit of a swagger as well.

Would be interested to read your thoughts on any of the molecules you have tested. Maybe you could tell us some of your experiences in the research forum?

Comment

Just to help people out reading this thread, XS products that contain DHEAS include:
                  • Ascend
                  • Evolve
                  • Temptress
                  • Madame
                  • Innocence
                  • Exotica

Comment

Again, I don't know anything for fact. I don't have equipment to test this stuff. This thread started with a question. My own research and reaching out led me to a conclusion that I feel is simply based on logic.

As far as the products mentioned above, I don't know. I've only tried Ascend and Evolve. And while they boast a pheromone content that is way above a natural human pheromone signature, I do know that, at least for me, they don't produce anything close to the self effects I get from my own mix of DHEAS or Pregnenalone. And I make my own mixes very low at what I feel is a bit closer to a believable natural human pheromone signature.

Comment

Hm. Well, I've never had a problem wearing "unbelievable," signatures. Furthermore, I feel like it's part of the lure. I have friends that call me, wanting me to hang out, because they "really miss me." Must make 'em feel good!

Comment

That's good information to know. I guess unless it's comparative, it could possibly be speculative or coincidental. Honestly, I've never put that aspect to an apples to apples comparison or study. I have friends who call up and want to hang out whether I wear pheromones or not. I'll have to check it out and see the difference in my real friends that like me for just me and those that may be, for lack of better words, chemically induced. That's interesting and worthy of some research.

Comment

Well this is cerainly disconcerting. I just picked up a bottle of DHEAS. Have i wasted my money?

Comment

I'd say no. Difference in self-effects of Androsterone and Androsterone-Sulfate are well known to me and I get the Rone-Sulfate selfie from PXS single molecule even from a bottle of >1 year old Rone-S. Can't see why DHEA-S would be any less stable

Comment

GorchFock when I read that it needed to that heat (3 days travel via USPS) degrades it and that it needs to be stored at -20 C I became a bit concerned. I've contacted a user with extensive experience with it and am awaiting a reply.

Comment

Yes but shipping of the powder to pxs should be via ice-boxes. It seems that when the molecule is diluted in alcohol it becomes more stable - which is a bit counterintuitive, granted, but that's my and others experiences. Ps let us know what you gather

Comment

Ok thanks. So far everyone I've talked to have had no problems.

Comment

You're never too old to learn NuTrix ^_~

Comment

Ok. Day 1 - 8/12
                                      fogged myself really, 25mcg per spray @ x4 sprays.
                                      Selfies:
                                      felt initial rush and found myself focusing on music; commercials, mp3, etc. Picking out nuances that I would normally be too distracted to notice. Had my Zen feelings; noticing details of attractiveness in lil' Nu and Mr Right, found myself thoughtful about how important and valuable to me they are as people in my life that I love. DHEAS makes me kind of "moonie" as in: Awe, look at so~n~so and how amazing they are as a person...and start pondering all the ways they are unique.
                                      Others:
                                      Was complimented by Mr Right A LOT. As in stopping me to look deeply into my eyes and telling me how beautiful I am with a big smile, giddy-like and moon-eyed, and how he can't t believe I'm his Definitely the beautifier at work!lol Lots of moon-eyed smiles from ladies, and even a blush from one girl.
                                      Day 2 - 8/13
                                      used DHEAS as I would normally, as a topper. This is where I've always thought it really shines...
                                      x2 sprays to hair, x2 Flirt to forearms.
                                      Selfies:
                                      Happy, playful, girly feeling. Still feeling the thoughtfulness about others.
                                      Others:
                                      Smiles from random people again. While out to lunch, lil' Nu was offered a free mini smoothie by the girl who took our order - which hadn't happened at this location before...but lil Nu IS REALLY cute, lol. Had a random guy at the store strike up a conversation with me who seemed very much to want my, hmm, approval? Even when Mr Right returned, he was still going on, like he just couldn't stop himself, lol. DHEAS adds a kind of glamour for me, people don't seem to realize how they're behaving. Had the usual silent smiles, or standing by too long/near for no reason, just staring, lol.

I'd have to say if my DHEAS changed over this time, I'd be hard pressed to tell.
                                      You're never too old to learn NuTrix ^_~

Comment

Thanks for the comforting information. NuTrix

More importantly your report on the effects. Not just on others but, perhaps, moreso on yourself. Now i know the kind of effect I'm having on women. I had a great experience with T1 today. Your descriptions help me sort out what was due to DHEAS and what was Shine. See my journal for more.

Comment

Ad down

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X