yobit.net eobot.com digifinex
  • Thank you for visiting DiscoverXS your pheromone research community.
    If this is your first visit please register so you can join the community: click the Sign Up link above to proceed.
    To start viewing messages, please login and select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD IN POSts

Collapse

Need help with dilution!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with dilution!!

Hi comrades. So i have a pheromone concentrate which is 1mg per 1 ml in a 6ml bottle. My question is how much mcg per drop would that be? I have searched sources to help in answers , even use a calculator but i am not getting there, i really not sure whats the correct answer. Any of you know the answer i appreciate it . thank you

I had a similar problem with a 6ml bottle of A1 and someone calculated it out and said it was 33 mcg per drop. Whether or not that’s accurate I’m not sure but that’s what I’ve been assuming.
    My Journal: Fever's Follies

My stash: Moved to the first post of my journal as it no longer fits in my forum signature.

Comment

• eroque
      eroque commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks for the answer. man if thats true i dont know why love scent suggest u put 1 drop in a 5ml of your cologne . makes no sense since it will be soooooo diluted. just saying.

mmmmm well love scent answered me back and said it is 50mcg per drop. jejejeje, because 1 mg is equivalent to 1000 mcg and 1000 divide by 1ml (20 drops). 1000/20= 50 mcg per drop. i will divide that drop in different dilution ratios to see what i get.

Comment

The best and most proper way to do this is to actually count how many drops your mix contains, you take another bottle and a dropper and transfer the entire mix to another bottle while counting. Later you can transfer this back. Then you just devide by the amount of drops.

So let's say in your 6ml you have 100 drops of total, so per 100 drops you have 6mg ( 1mg per 1ml x 6) so now per one drop you have 6mg/100 -> 0.06mg or 60mcg.

In the example of 1ml containing 20 drops your mix would have 120 drops in total so per drop 6mg/120 => 0.05mg => 50mcg so the math above is correct.

However, count the drops, doesn't take that long

Comment

Drop size can be a fickle beast, influenced by temperature, viscosity, and even the design of your dropper. While graduated pipettes are ideal for precise measurements, I sometimes reach for diabetic needles (available at pharmacies, not just Walmart) for those tiny doses.

However, defining a "standard" drop size is crucial for your calculations. If you choose a pipette or syringe, you can ditch the complex equations and rely on ratios. My drops tend to be around 0.0045 ml, though the common standard is 0.05 ml, meaning 20 drops per ml.

Tracer nailed the math with 50 micrograms per drop in your example. But as they suggested, counting drops can be a reliable alternative, especially with droppers. Just keep in mind that different carrier liquids, like DPG, can produce larger and more temperature-sensitive drops (22 per ml for me, compared to alcohol's 20). Honestly, I switch between the 0.045 number for calculations and counting drops for convenience. You know, two drops of this, one drop of that, etc.

Dropper tip length and orifice size play a bigger role in drop size with DPG than alcohol, thanks to surface tension. So, count those drops or grab a pipette – unless you're a fluid dynamics enthusiast, in which case, dive into the fascinating but mind-bending world of delving into the hidden laws that govern the dance of droplets​!

Comment

I tend to have to do this math when I am trying to decide what concentrations to buy off Steve. He doesn't have a 37.5 mcg per drop option for 3 to 1 or 1 to 3 as the case may be. but the 50 is good for 4 to 1 12.5 for the 1, and 25 for 2 to 1. Not every blend is served by rough ratio math though.

Comment

Originally posted by Muestereate View Post
            I tend to have to do this math when I am trying to decide what concentrations to buy off Steve. He doesn't have a 37.5 mcg per drop option for 3 to 1 or 1 to 3 as the case may be. but the 50 is good for 4 to 1 12.5 for the 1, and 25 for 2 to 1. Not every blend is served by rough ratio math though.
            Is the base rice oil or...?

Fairly simple arithmetic to dilute if you know what solvent you'll be adding.

Get a few extra bottles to work with.

Comment

I know I had struggled about the size of a drop as discussed in my When is a Drop Not a Drop thread from 2021. With different size pipettes, Eurodroppers, etc, it seemed that getting a consistent size drop was a pain.

I appreciate the info from Love Scent regarding the concentration of their vials. If 50mcg is true I'm surprised I haven't witnessed anyone odd behavior from my past targets as I was using two drops of their A1, which would be 100mcg instead of the 66mcg I assumed from what info was shared here in the past.

My stash: Moved to the first post of my journal as it no longer fits in my forum signature.

Comment

Is this thread related to how many drops in your bottle and mixing, or how many drops on skin etc?
                After all the pheros are different concentrations, so it would get even more complicated
                XSPerfumes 10ml Sprays Comply,Sexy Confidence,Bitch, Celebrity, Babe,XSential Body Spray for women, P86, P114,P106,Mascot,Engage,BNOL,Sweetness,EST, Tease,Odyssey,Temptress,Flirt,Fairytale,Girlfriend ,Sleaze
                XRS94,Innocense,Goddess,Madame,DMspray
                Testers:Babe,Happiness,Temptress,Inbetween,Cohesio n
                Cops:A,B,C

Oils: Fantasy,Copulin,Connections,DesireMe,Xist,Neno,EST
                From a lab IsoE Super+Ambroxan

Comment

The way it sounded to me it sounded similar to my previous thread mentioned in Reply 8 above, about the strength of a particular drop itself.

Comment

Ad down

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X