yobit.net eobot.com digifinex
  • Thank you for visiting DiscoverXS your pheromone research community.
    If this is your first visit please register so you can join the community: click the Sign Up link above to proceed.
    To start viewing messages, please login and select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD IN POSts

Collapse

Mcg/ML

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mcg/ML

Someones asking me in a ticket about even mcg to ml. My brain is just way to frazzled right now to calculate. I think I need a vacation. Somebody help me out please.

Steve O
    PLEASE DON'T PRIVATE MESSAGE ME. I'M MONTHS BEHIND.

This is my passion and my goal: to change the world, 1 person at a time, by empowering them with knowledge, know-how and the products that give them the ability to live their dreams.

A dream or vision is only a pretty picture without the passion and willingness to get your ass kicked chasing after it.

discoverXS is our adventure story! Thank you for being a part of it

Pheromone Questions? (I like to answer the phones)
    Pheromone Answer Line: +1(901)-328-6433

just off the top of my head, 1000 mcg to ml if the specific gravity is the same as water, I'll look into alcohol

Comment

a ml of alcohol would only weigh 800 mcg and a thousand micrograms of alcohol would take up 1.3 ml, rounded off. Specific gravity of alcohol is like .797 of water, 1.265 is the opposite factor depending on whether you are solving for mcg or ml.

The standard conversion is 1000 to 1 but that assumes water and I know you mostly do alcohol. I have no way of computing dpg specific gravtity without knowing what the ratio is and what its mixed with. I assume alcohol and 10 percent but that's a lot of assumptions

Comment

Oh you meant you needed a vacation!!!!

dancer hawaii GIF by ali mac

Comment

Originally posted by Muestereate View Post
          The standard conversion is 1000 to 1 but that assumes water and I know you mostly do alcohol. I have no way of computing dpg specific gravtity without knowing what the ratio is and what its mixed with. I assume alcohol and 10 percent but that's a lot of assumptions
          1000 mg=1g=1ml but as Muestereate already said this is with water only.

With alcohol it depends on what alcohol you have/use.

The higher the alcohol % is the less weight you have because the density changes.
          For instance 100.0875 g of 96,6% Ethanol = 127.5 ml, 121 ml of 96,5% Ethanol = 99.985 g

Comment

I guess it depends on how much accuracy you need, for our personal uses and quantities, as long as we do it the same every time that should be good enough, Its when you want to scale way up or get lab documentations that the errors would start to rear their head. I can imagine the amount of solute and its molecular weight would have to be figured in too. Once you get that far, temperature and atmospheric pressure creep in too just like your water content creeps in. AT micro gram levels it is insignificant but scale it all up and even with just ethanol and water you have a 6ml error.

There should be calculator on the net that takes into all the variables. My brain could explode trying to do it all longhand.

Comment

Originally posted by Muestereate View Post
              There should be calculator on the net that takes into all the variatbles.
              I was looking for such a calculator but couldn't find one on the internet. So I guess such a calculator doesn't exist yet.
              Anyways I need the alcohol to ml calculation only to create my base mix of alcohol and dexpanthenol.

Comment

Ad down

Collapse
              Working...
              X