yobit.net eobot.com digifinex
  • Thank you for visiting DiscoverXS your pheromone research community.
    If this is your first visit please register so you can join the community: click the Sign Up link above to proceed.
    To start viewing messages, please login and select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD IN POSts

Collapse

Travel bottles and spilage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never had this happen, I suggest that you keep the mones in the original bottles. Don't worry about bringing the full size bottle. I have them both in luggage and 1 or two carry-on every time.
    : : END TRANSMISSION : :

Comment

Yes I think you can take x3 10ml bottles
      Pheromone XS
      Oil: evolve, xist
      Spray: Xist, Evolve, cohesion, sob

Comment

The only leaks I had was with 30ml bottles from PT. PXS bottle caps are way superior than theirs.

Comment

I haven't had an issue with the pt caps but I've seen many people have
          Pheromone XS

Comment

agrree, our caps are good. I still give them a twist when I get them but only a sampler has opened and those are snap on/off.

Comment

Originally posted by Muestereate View Post
              agrree, our caps are good. I still give them a twist when I get them but only a sampler has opened and those are snap on/off.
              Samplers can be very unreliable
              Pheromone XS

Comment

frustrated body GIF

Love that twitch of his nose

Comment

Today I placed my bag on the table and it fell down. It flipped upside down for mere seconds but all my 2ml bottles leaked inside the nozzle heads now.

Comment

I has to be the siphon effect. I just had a bottle in my shirt pocket for two hours and the inside of the cap has five matchead size droplets. I'm loading more to evap and siphoning than I'm using.

I have a bottle of almond extract 70 or 80 percent alcohol, just stumbled across it while making tea. its 10 years old and still 2/3 full if not even 3/4. Of course, I used a bit before I put it away. Has to be the siphon effect, temp and airpressure.

Thanks for pointing this out, Anything in storage or slow usage is going to have to be rebottled into stuff without siphons and well sealable lids.

Comment

I has to be the siphon effect. I just had a bottle in my shirt pocket for two hours and the inside of the cap has five matchead size droplets. I'm loading more to evap and siphoning than I'm using.

I have a bottle of almond extract 70 or 80 percent alcohol, just stumbled across it while making tea. its 10 years old and still 2/3 full if not even 3/4. Of course, I used a bit before I put it away. Has to be the siphon effect, temp and airpressure.

Thanks for pointing this out, Anything in storage or slow usage is going to have to be rebottled into stuff without siphons and well sealable lids.
                      You mean it evaporated?
                      Pheromone XS

Comment

• Muestereate
                        Muestereate commented
                        Editing a comment
                        i think they are siphoning due ot changes in temp and airpressure. Humidity is also dropping and stays pretty low through the winter.

I'm also doing that to all my bottles if the cap can be opened. I also use electricity tape to seal any opening.

Comment

Update 3.

Tried 2 ml & 10 ml bottles from PXS in addition to 10ml togo bottles from The Container Store and 3ml glass atomizer from Amazon. This time I filled them with rubbing alcohol and put witness marks to indicate the fill line. All (minus one) were primed and ready to spray.

2 ml PXS Togo bottles still appear not to leak.
                        10 ml bottle from PXS (used in previous test) sprayed contents of tube back into bottle still leaked.
                        10 ml Container Store bottles, no leaks
                        3 ml Glass Atomizer. Appeared not to leak or my witness marks were off slightly.
                        10 ml bottles from Amazon, 1 leaked and 1 did not.

It appears the bottles marketed as travel bottles have a better spray mechanism and better resist siphoning due to differential pressure.

Downside of the 2 ml bottles, they really only hold about 1.5ml and the sprayer cap snaps on and off.
                        If the sprayer cap is not secured by another means, it is foreseeable that with moderate pressure the sprayer cap could be dislodged and dump the entire contents.

I ran across a Plano box the has a rubber seal that is water tight and will fit several 10 ml bottles.

Further testing required.

Comment

Not OCD at all

Comment

Well, when a hundred bucks go up into thin air that will trigger some people. I would have been a-ok but I was hoarding my ascend lol.

Not all bottles affected. It could very easily be something on my part, In fact, I hope it is so I can control it. just gotta weed out all the possibilities best I can.

I am NOT OCD, it's the mones

Comment

Not all bottles affected. It could very easily be something on my part, In fact, I hope it is so I can control it. just gotta weed out all the possibilities best I can.
                              When I travel, it is multiple legs to and from. If it was one leg to my destination and one leg home, I probably wouldn't notice so much.
                              And yeah, I don't like throwing money down the toilet either.

Comment

Originally posted by Oncearound View Post
                                Update 3.

Tried 2 ml & 10 ml bottles from PXS in addition to 10ml togo bottles from The Container Store and 3ml glass atomizer from Amazon. This time I filled them with rubbing alcohol and put witness marks to indicate the fill line. All (minus one) were primed and ready to spray.

2 ml PXS Togo bottles still appear not to leak.
                                10 ml bottle from PXS (used in previous test) sprayed contents of tube back into bottle still leaked.
                                10 ml Container Store bottles, no leaks
                                3 ml Glass Atomizer. Appeared not to leak or my witness marks were off slightly.
                                10 ml bottles from Amazon, 1 leaked and 1 did not.

It appears the bottles marketed as travel bottles have a better spray mechanism and better resist siphoning due to differential pressure.

Downside of the 2 ml bottles, they really only hold about 1.5ml and the sprayer cap snaps on and off.
                                If the sprayer cap is not secured by another means, it is foreseeable that with moderate pressure the sprayer cap could be dislodged and dump the entire contents.

I ran across a Plano box the has a rubber seal that is water tight and will fit several 10 ml bottles.

Further testing required.
                                Thanks for researching this
                                Pheromone XS

Comment

Originally posted by Primross View Post

Thanks for researching this
                                  I was hoping that someone had already done most of the testing.
                                  Funny part is, I had/have a glass travel sprayer for cologne that I have used for many years but the o-ring has given up on it and I am having a hard time finding a suitable replacement.

Comment

Received some items from PT recently and their 30ml amber glass spray bottles leaked real bad. I think their cap is worst than what PXS has. So far, Apex never leak. PXS some 2ml leaked and one oil bottle leaked but I got a voucher for that (great cs!!). PT, most leaked including their samples. LAL (oil) and Alpha Dream never leak.

Comment

• Muestereate
                                      Muestereate commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      voucher on your oil? thought oils were at our own risk. I'm glad they have some reasonableness.

• Bloodburn
                                      Bloodburn commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Muestereate This was almost a year ago before they change their return policy on oil.

Originally posted by Bloodburn View Post
                                    Received some items from PT recently and their 30ml amber glass spray bottles leaked real bad. I think their cap is worst than what PXS has. So far, Apex never leak. PXS some 2ml leaked and one oil bottle leaked but I got a voucher for that (great cs!!). PT, most leaked including their samples. LAL (oil) and Alpha Dream never leak.
                                    Really that could be a costly issue for the company
                                    Pheromone XS

Comment

I got half a notion to try burning off some of this alcohol or boiling it off and replace with dpg, iso-e or timbersilk. just have to get the lab equipment, lest i spill shit I'm trying to conserve.

Comment

Ad down

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X