yobit.net eobot.com digifinex
  • Thank you for visiting DiscoverXS your pheromone research community.
    If this is your first visit please register so you can join the community: click the Sign Up link above to proceed.
    To start viewing messages, please login and select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD IN POSts

Collapse

Security and Privacy Concerns on Pherotruth and Pherotalk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security and Privacy Concerns on Pherotruth and Pherotalk

I'm only registered at Discover XS and not any of the other forums, so I decided to try them out and see what I can learn from them. However, during the registration process at Pherotruth I noticed something. There isn't a https version of the site. You might wonder what's the big deal about that? Well any data you send is not encrypted and is open to attacks by hackers and third parties. The SSL Certificate (the green lock at the top of your browser) is essential in any website where important information is sent to the servers, and all your information during registration and posting isn't secure. With concerns of government spying growing, I think having a SSL certificate is the least they can do to protect their users. I've noticed a similar issue in Pherotalk where despite having a SSL certificate, it isn't the default option and must be changed manually to the more secure version of the site. Even then, you're unable to pass through registration as the human verification message doesn't appear in the https version of the website! That means during registration you'll have the same issues as Pherotruth in the end.

I would like to know your thoughts about this as Discover XS is doing a great job of having it as the default and I praise XSteveO and his tech team for ensuring the security and privacy of his customers and members.
    �By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.� - Confucius

Pherotalk I couldn't give a rat's ass about. They burned their bridges with their customers many, many times over. Pherotruth on the other hand, is a very good forum. I'd suggest you let the Admin know your concerns about their site. I've been a member there for year, I don't post there much anymore but I still like to pop in and see what the latest is from their end. I suppose you could just pop onto the site as a guest so that way, no personal info is being transmitted, though you wouldn't be able to interact with the forum.

Comment

That's how I handle that.

Comment

2000GT I've been reading through the PheroTruth forums and it certainly looks like a great community, though I am averse to making an account over the insecure state of the website and from what I've read of Androtics hasn't been particularly positive. I'll mail them instead to raise my concerns though it seems the PheroTalk forums don't seem to have a designated email so I'll message the email on the Androtics website instead. Seems oddly shady that the human verification system can only be used in HTTP so messaging them through PheroTalk is a security concern.
        �By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.� - Confucius

Comment

Ad down

Collapse
        Working...
        X