yobit.net eobot.com digifinex
  • Thank you for visiting DiscoverXS your pheromone research community.
    If this is your first visit please register so you can join the community: click the Sign Up link above to proceed.
    To start viewing messages, please login and select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD IN POSts

Collapse

Perfumers Alcohol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perfumers Alcohol

Anyone know where I can order perfumers alcohol and/or ethanol to dilute product? Besides ever clear and preferably I can order online? Thank you gents!

There are very few places that sell it online as its highly regulated. Without an ATF license, which is ridiculously difficult to get in of itself, you can only obtain 5 gallons a year. For a business model it would be difficult to calculate who you sold it to and at what levels because it all has to be reported to the ATF. That's why many companies actually don't use SD38B. They claim all types of things but the truth be told when making colognes it may be illegal to sell it without SD38B.

However as a home chemist/perfumer that is not selling it you can use "everclear" which is actually structurally the same as SD38B except SD38B has a bittering agent so as not to be consumable.

You can also obtain SD38B (I think) from Androtics, but I honestly don't know how much longer they can do that for. The laws have changed and have become quite difficult on small business with regulations. Again its probably cheaper and easier if you used everclear as long as its for personal use. Sell something with it or vodka and you're looking at hard-time and fines.

Steve O
    PLEASE DON'T PRIVATE MESSAGE ME. I'M MONTHS BEHIND.

This is my passion and my goal: to change the world, 1 person at a time, by empowering them with knowledge, know-how and the products that give them the ability to live their dreams.

A dream or vision is only a pretty picture without the passion and willingness to get your ass kicked chasing after it.

discoverXS is our adventure story! Thank you for being a part of it

Pheromone Questions? (I like to answer the phones)
    Pheromone Answer Line: +1(901)-328-6433

Comment

Why thank you Steve for the help.

As far as Perfumes go, normally they use DPG and Alcohol, any pro's or con's to using DPG over Everclear? Or is this a stupid question? Many of my handy oils dont hit quite as well in winter and I would love API to project like a monster.

Another stupid question while I am at it and asking the expert, wouldnt everclear act slightly like Rubbing Alcohol in respect to cleaning app points?

Comment

Well DPG is to fix the molecules to prevent evaporation and its an oil as you know. Everclear would take the place of SD38B which is perfumers alcohol. So to answer your question, no you wouldn't replace the dpg, but you can use it to change the diffusion of the APi. Same concept of why you wouldn't typically spray alcohol based cologne on an oil application. It changes the diffusion. In your case you can get some everclear and spray it over the application point.

Actually rubbing alcohol would not remove pheromones at all. I keep hearing this so I'm not sure where this originates from but the concept is flawed. The mones sit in an alcohol base so adding more alcohol would simply just spread it around a bit more on the skin. Its like spilling wine on your shirt and using wine to try and get it out.

What you want to use is hydrogen peroxide or witch hazel. Both work well in actually removing the pheromones and so there you have it.

Hope this helps

Steve O

This is my passion and my goal: to change the world, 1 person at a time, by empowering them with knowledge, know-how and the products that give them the ability to live their dreams.

A dream or vision is only a pretty picture without the passion and willingness to get your ass kicked chasing after it.

Comment

I wish I could re-like a post. Many thanks Steve!

Comment

I wish I could get Everclear where I am...stupid Canada! I use Vodka and Ambergris as a fix...'cause that's how I roll.

Comment

• XSteveO
              XSteveO commented
              Editing a comment
              Love ambergris! I collect it myself with shots of tequila. Turns out whales are lightweights

Hypothetically if I have 30 ml of perfumers alcohol, how many drops of, let's say, API, should I add to it for a good strengthed spray?

Comment

I make my oils about 7X stronger than my SD40B (Perfumers Alcohol) blends. For a 30 mL you'd need about 5 mL of the oil to equal about the right dosage. Of course its early, its Saturday and I'm on one cup of coffee. That sounds about right though

Steve O

Comment

So a 1:6 Ratio.

So f I have 80 Sprays of Liquid, I would need (Come on math!) 13-ish Drops?

And 200 sprays I would need 33-ish drops?

Thank you Steve. I know where to start!

Comment

My experience of mixing the oils into sprays has not been great, cohesion for example was good for a couple hours but it wrecked the diffusion as all the DHEA diffused much quicker then the A1, it didn't have that even dispersion of the normal sprays, same with evolve after a few hours I was left with just a shit load of -none.

Comment

Thank you Ghost. I just want a faster projecting API. I have a feeling re-modeling a product would be problematic.

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST View Post
                      My experience of mixing the oils into sprays has not been great, cohesion for example was good for a couple hours but it wrecked the diffusion as all the DHEA diffused much quicker then the A1, it didn't have that even dispersion of the normal sprays, same with evolve after a few hours I was left with just a shit load of -none.
                      You are correct about that Ghost. I use a blending process that compensates for lighter social mones to diffuse over a lengthier process while mones like enone which last a long times anyway are even throughout the process. Just adding alcohol will change the composition of the formulas and there's no real way around it. At least I don't have a solution because it starts in the formulation process of taking the mones from their crystalline states to liquid.

I love the idea that you guys are experimenting with it though.

Steve O

Comment

Ad down

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X