yobit.net eobot.com digifinex
  • Thank you for visiting DiscoverXS your pheromone research community.
    If this is your first visit please register so you can join the community: click the Sign Up link above to proceed.
    To start viewing messages, please login and select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD IN POSts

Collapse

I Need Some Advice on Autumn Colognes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Need Some Advice on Autumn Colognes

I've been pondering on getting unscented mones because I am getting a little bored of the scents I got with the ones I purchased. I should be getting Glace as well. I was wondering what colognes are good for cold climates in autumn/winter?

Hopefully I could get good answers from women and men to see what they like so that it could help me make up my mind because there are so many colognes. I am looking for a masculine scent but not for 30+ men something for a 21 year old that smells youthful and masculine.

Can't help you there because me loves the unscented version of the products.

However, I did not know that different colognes are good for the different climates. I am curious to know though.

I usually don't like wearing lotion or perfume when it gets hot so I use more lotion and perfumes in the winter time.

Comment

Something fitting for a college guy in Fall...

- Armani Code
      - Acqua Di Gio Essenza
      - L'Occitane (smells like a mix of pepper and lavender?)
      - Adidas Deep Energy (woodsy smell)
      - English Laundry Riviera

The Armani line might be very typical though as they're generally very popular. The ones you don't normally smell on people are L'Occitane and English Laundry Riviera - both of which you can ask a sample of at Nordstrom. L'Occitane smells better when combined with Pepper and Nutmeg. These might smell a bit more sophisticated so... keep it at two sprays max under the clothes and wear the appropriate outfits and it should be more fitting for your age.

Adidas Deep Energy is my favorite casual cologne for the Fall, Winter, and Spring (not summer though). I got a lot of compliments and inquiries on that one back in my college days. Make sure to avoid the body spray though and get the EDT. The body spray sucks.

Overall, I'd say go to a Sephora or Nordstrom as they will usually be willing to give you up to three cologne samples of your choice to try out.
      Alpha Dream: Glace, Alfa Maschio
      Pheremone XS: A1 (50 mcg), Bliss, Vibe, Xist, Exotica, Love Boat, Flirt, Ascend, Dominant Ascend, Connections, Cohesion, Celebrity, Evolve Spray, Taboo, APi, Thinker, XS144 Outspoken, Approach Confidence, Limitless, Evolve oil, Taboo oil, SOB, Odyssey, Happy, XS155 Social Lube
      Love Scent: Chikara gel packs
      AD: P83, IS (10mcg/spray), TAC
      LAL: Nude Alpha
      Orange Font = Sample Bottles

Comment

Creed Aventus is a good one. Bloody expensive, almost prohibitively expensive, but the fragrance shop sells an oil replica of it that is pretty faithful to the original and at a fraction of the cost.

Comment

you can get samples from Creed that are very reasonable. Avoid buying bottles online unless from Creed directly or a Creed authorized retailer. anyone else, you risk getting a fake or an expired batch. TFS says flat out that their variant is just that, a variant and not original so you don't have to worry about getting a fake. They also have a ton of good, original scents as well, so give them a try

Comment

GT I have heard of Creed but it is something I would wear at very special occasions. I have done some research on Basenotes and have come to a choice of Burberry London or Rochas Man. These are great autumn and winter colognes and can be used in the day and night. Hopefully these can cover the mones well.

Comment

Most autumn colognes should work out fine since they tend to use some kind of woody, musk, or spice as a base note. Those tend to be heavy and generally last a long time. Burberry should work out well. I should've asked what kind of image or clothing style you generally wear.
              Pheremone XS: A1 (50 mcg), Bliss, Vibe, Xist, Exotica, Love Boat, Flirt, Ascend, Dominant Ascend, Connections, Cohesion, Celebrity, Evolve Spray, Taboo, APi, Thinker, XS144 Outspoken, Approach Confidence, Limitless, Evolve oil, Taboo oil, SOB, Odyssey, Happy, XS155 Social Lube

Comment

I normally wear a lot of blues or neutrals but I have been spicing things up with red clothes. Normally jeans with t-shirt and hoody. Its a bit bland but its comfortable. I am wanting to change my style though to be noticed more. Do you have any recommendations?

Comment

Originally posted by IainLPplus44 View Post
                  I normally wear a lot of blues or neutrals but I have been spicing things up with red clothes. Normally jeans with t-shirt and hoody. Its a bit bland but its comfortable. I am wanting to change my style though to be noticed more. Do you have any recommendations?
                  If your clothes are baggy or oversized enough to look flappy, you'll generally be perceived as one of a few possible perceptions:
                  1) You're a relaxed kind of guy
                  2) You don't know how to pick your clothes
                  3) You're sloppy/not clean (similar to the sense of having a long beard vs. clean shaven, even if the beard is well kepted).
                  4) You're beta
                  5) A chill person
                  6) Not outgoing
                  7) Shady

I'm not trying to bag on your style as it's my favorite comfort wear too. However, I've asked around and those were mainly the responses I got regarding 1st impressions of people wearing our chill style. I got mostly the more positive end of these responses when asked about the style on myself and I figured its all in how you carry yourself with the clothing.

Slim fit clothes (not skinny fit, that's too tight, uncomfortable, and restricts range of motion) would likely be your better direction for a change that's not too far from comfortable but gives a sharper look. If you like blues, I'd say use it on your upper body more so than on your pants. Something like khaki pants/chinos, black/white t-shirt, and any shade of blue casual dress shirt. If it has patterns or texture, you'll have more eye-catching variety. Make sure you're happy with how it looks and won't care how others perceive you though. Your attitude plays a part along with your outfit on how you're perceived.

If blue jeans, then black t-shirt and casual dress shirt or sweater over if you like. Again, make sure it's slim fit or fitted to your body. For tops: dark reds, grays, or bright colors, but avoid any blues. This applies for the t-shirt too if you don't have/want to wear black.

If black jeans/pants, any color top will do. It can look very good if you have a black dress shirt over but open to reveal the colored t-shirt. Same for an open sweater.

For Burberry London, I'd say sweaters would work best. Even more so if it's a textured or lightly patterned sweater. Doesn't matter what color, really, as long as it's not too vibrant or an off color, unless you feel you can pull it off well.

Personally, I get most of my clothes from H&M. I don't want to push you to buy a new style of clothing you're not comfortable with (that's a lot of money for a style change) so I'd suggest go into a store, pick out some clothes and see how it fits in the fitting room. Make sure you're wearing some of your own clothes that you're sure to keep going with. It's easier on the wallet to find something that can fit in smoothly with your current clothing arsenal than to buy a complete new wardrobe.

Comment

Ad down

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X