yobit.net eobot.com digifinex
  • Thank you for visiting DiscoverXS your pheromone research community.
    If this is your first visit please register so you can join the community: click the Sign Up link above to proceed.
    To start viewing messages, please login and select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD IN POSts

Collapse

Be Vigilant With Your Email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be Vigilant With Your Email

Just want to bring up some warning just in case you get this as well.

I'm lucky enough to be able to make unlimited email addresses as I run my own website server. I have dedicated email addresses for 99%+ of all the businesses I deal with (they don't send, just pointers for incoming emails). In the last day and a half I started getting spam emails on the email address I use for both the DXS forum and purchasing on PXS. The sender's name and the reply to alleged senders contain three-word names with a subject past-due account warning with "due to non-settlement of our service." Looking at the headers one came from Japan and the latest one came from Brazil.

I don't know if for forum software had a breach or perhaps the computers used to process PXS orders may have been hacked, but beware if you get these sorts of emails. Hopefully SteveO and crew will check their systems to find out what happens.

In case you're the unlucky recipient of these types of email this may help you deal with it.
    My Journal: Fever's Follies

My stash: Moved to the first post of my journal as it no longer fits in my forum signature.

Thanks Mr, Fever. Will keep my eyes open, maybe chek my spam folder too????

Comment

• Johnny Fever
      Johnny Fever commented
      Editing a comment
      Can't hurt to check your own spam folders. I hadn't written any blocking rules as I always want to know if any of my inbound aliases get compromised, which is why I discovered this.

Nothin in either spam box but boy is that a scary place to go

Comment

Glad to hear you've been lucky so far. Since mine is only an incoming alias and not a real email address I've never used it for sending, so they had to acquire it somehow. At the moment I just delete the incoming spam. I may just write a filter to reject email from all sources except the intended sender. I'm fortunate I deal with I.T. for a living so I don't panic about things like this, though I wanted to warn others in case they have a similar situation occur.
      My Journal: Fever's Follies

My stash: Moved to the first post of my journal as it no longer fits in my forum signature.

Comment

Ad down

Collapse
      Working...
      X