yobit.net eobot.com digifinex
  • Thank you for visiting DiscoverXS your pheromone research community.
    If this is your first visit please register so you can join the community: click the Sign Up link above to proceed.
    To start viewing messages, please login and select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD IN POSts

Collapse

Who else is playing the stock market? - Millionaires are made during recessions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who else is playing the stock market? - Millionaires are made during recessions

Hey y'all!

Been a while since i've been on this forum. First and foremost I pray that all of you on the XS community as well as your family are safe. Thoughts go out to everyone who is impacted by the coronavirus. The stock market is sinking faster than ever before, but as you may well have heard, "Millionaires are made during recessions".

The stock market, like all investing, can be a little risky so it's definitely not for everyone, but the market rises an average of 10% per year over the course of time (including recessions). 10% capital appreciation + compound interest + consistent investing is a way to save up a lil somethin somethin (as in 6 figures) after 30-40 years and live like a king. That's what I'm doing, anyway.

I'm taking advantage of this drop in stock prices to add a bunch to my portfolio, and I want to see if anyone else has had the opportunity to do the same?

I use an app called robinhood to get my stocks. it's pretty simple for novices, if you care to join you can do so using the link below.

So far I've been looking at companies like Apple, Tesla, and Microsoft. Also T-Mobile pretty much finalized their purchase of Sprint, so I grabbed a couple shares of T-Mobile. They also have high speed internet coming out in 2024 (Long ways away but i'm invested for the long term).

There's also a few other stuff i'm interested in too, and I am trying to meet more people who are as interested as i am in this, and i'm down to start a group chat if anyone else wants to so we can talk about this, and pheromones, and anything else too

Anybody else? Where are my fellow investors or would be investors

I feel like theres more room for the stock market to drop but im definitely down to ride the train towards millionaire road. Better to buy in slowly than to miss out by trying to time the bottom.

Comment

I've been thinking about which ones to go for. Just haven't really taken the plunge so I have some small change sitting in Robinhood in the meantime. T-mo sounds like a good idea.
      Alpha Dream: Glace, Alfa Maschio
      Pheremone XS: A1 (50 mcg), Bliss, Vibe, Xist, Exotica, Love Boat, Flirt, Ascend, Dominant Ascend, Connections, Cohesion, Celebrity, Evolve Spray, Taboo, APi, Thinker, XS144 Outspoken, Approach Confidence, Limitless, Evolve oil, Taboo oil, SOB, Odyssey, Happy, XS155 Social Lube
      Love Scent: Chikara gel packs
      AD: P83, IS (10mcg/spray), TAC
      LAL: Nude Alpha
      Orange Font = Sample Bottles

Comment

Originally posted by fdesa12 View Post
        I've been thinking about which ones to go for. Just haven't really taken the plunge so I have some small change sitting in Robinhood in the meantime. T-mo sounds like a good idea.
        there's always the famous INDEXES to invest in, like hte S&P500 fund (SPY) or the Dow Jones Industrial Average fund (DIA), or plenty of exchange traded funds which are much less risky than individual stocks.

It looks like the market has shot up every day this week, but i don't believe we've seen a bottom yet. so we're in for a wild ride :S

Comment

They are talking about trying to spin the economy back up. What i have read is not the normal business cycle but it looks like they are concerned about infrastructures of public safeties, telecoms and Internal IT stuff. I know my friend has been keeping the phones working for the electric company but they are not really there yet so as to make much work for him. I can't say I understand modern electric but it is less mechanical than it used to be and more IT driven. In the great depression, utilities, in particular water had strong growth straight through the worst of it. Cleaning will continue to be important, for that you need water, detergents and solvents. The government is set to prop up petroleum, That is one hell of a wreck but keeping our petro companies alive through this constitutes national security. So Gas and oil fracking will have Gov money and utility infrastructure basis for growth. I suspect some prices are low as they all are right now.

Just my two cents. They took my money in the last recession, none left to worry about, just jabbering

Comment

Originally posted by Muestereate View Post
            They are talking about trying to spin the economy back up. What i have read is not the normal business cycle but it looks like they are concerned about infrastructures of public safeties, telecoms and Internal IT stuff. I know my friend has been keeping the phones working for the electric company but they are not really there yet so as to make much work for him. I can't say I understand modern electric but it is less mechanical than it used to be and more IT driven. In the great depression, utilities, in particular water had strong growth straight through the worst of it. Cleaning will continue to be important, for that you need water, detergents and solvents. The government is set to prop up petroleum, That is one hell of a wreck but keeping our petro companies alive through this constitutes national security. So Gas and oil fracking will have Gov money and utility infrastructure basis for growth. I suspect some prices are low as they all are right now.

Just my two cents. They took my money in the last recession, none left to worry about, just jabbering
            very interesting! seems like you have experience backing up your statements. i'm concerned about oil. Last time i saw gas prices at $1.49 was before i was in middle school. i'm not quite sure how to perceive the market, but i've been investing in companies i believe in. i do want to do more research in what exactly is causing this market to spike though. there's got to be a way to make sense of all the madness!

maybe you can win that money back during this recession?

Comment

All gone None left. Still, the cycles interest me. I quit playing AFTER when I saw the micro-transactions siphoning off all the profits. I usually guessed well by watching for trending sectors In barron's weekly and then finding underperforming value stocks in the sector In WSJ early in the week and let the sector pull the cheap stragglers up by the end of of the week of or more often at the end of that sectors cycle. Mostly sector funds that had holdings in those companies I suspected were about to get a lift. Keep it simple.

Comment

Have been observing Indian stock market, it is consistently doing great. The Indian GDP and economy has gained 'V' shaped recovery in chart, and yet continues to go to the top.

Comment

Currently, i find it too risky to swim the stock market, especially being an amateur. Dont be fooled by the Indian economy as i live in it. It is risky at the moment to invest huge sums in it. Banks after Banks are going under since last year, its strange, and the FDI aint pouring in as expected still. Either way, i aint an economist, but i am really wary right now.

I am currently engaged more in real estate in a very small scale here and there, rather than the stock market.
                  Experiment, Experiment, Experiment !!!

Comment

I know a lot of guys playing the market. 99 percent of them have less than $2500 in the market, but they make it sound like they're in much deeper.

Comment

Ad down

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X