yobit.net eobot.com digifinex
  • Thank you for visiting DiscoverXS your pheromone research community.
    If this is your first visit please register so you can join the community: click the Sign Up link above to proceed.
    To start viewing messages, please login and select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD IN POSts

Collapse

Investing: Your Life, Stocks, Real Estate, & More!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Investing: Your Life, Stocks, Real Estate, & More!

I was inspired to use this thread after downloading the Robinhood app to get my feet wet in trading again. I have absolutely no clue about this investing life & am currently reaching out to experienced folks on LinkedIn and also reading up on some articles. I'm investing in stocks for the long term & eventually want to get into real estate investing once I have the right funds to do so. The ultimate goal is to be making money while I sleep and have multiple streams of income!

Do any of you invest your good money into stocks or real estate? If not, is this something you might be interested and also don't know where to start?

I hope someone who is well versed in this can help!

Besides that, there are also other ways to invest -- in your life! How are you investing in your life? In what areas can you improve?

For me:
    - I filled out the benefits stuff for my job and will be receiving my benefits info shortly. I'm still on my mom's insurance until I turn 26 next month. I'll start going to the doctors more (for check ups). I don't remember the last time I've been to the doctors office... but I also never get sick. But still, want to make sure everything is okay!
    - Will be scheduling an appointment to get a colonic (srsly, my colon does need cleansing AND it's so satisfying watching those videos!)
    - I want to try to get my nails and toes done more frequently than not. I feel like I don't look 100% feminine at the moment, lol.
    - I would like to start doing yoga again... ever since I started my job, I haven't done yoga which means my body is probably back to square one.
    - Eating much better... but this will have to wait until after Thanksgiving, lol.

I have RH. Investing is significantly harder than what the media would have you believe. Just think about this, "If it's so easy, everyone would be doing it." What would you like to know about investing? You don't have to answer these to me but there are some questions you have to ask yourself:

1. What is your risk tolerance?
    2. How much are you willing to invest and maybe...lose?
    3. What is your time frame?
    4. Are you a long term investor or a gambler?
    5. How much of an effort are you willing to put in?

Comment

Originally posted by Neophyte View Post
      I have RH.
      I'm a little stuck on how to "read" RH. So far, I have deposited $9 into it and purchased Groupon + Bitcoin. How do I track my progress? Right now it says:
      "Investing
      $11.56
      (and then showing me in red other numbers, which means I lost money -- that much I know)

What is your risk tolerance?
      Moderate to aggressive.

What is your time frame?
      Time frame for... ? I'm doing this for the long term. However, are there any short term options?

Are you a long term investor or a gambler?
      Long term.

How much of an effort are you willing to put in?
      Most of my effort! (The other half goes to work, lol)

Comment

My school background is in finance. It's my dream to do this for a living. I start "investing" smarter than when I first began. Now, I'm doing it nice and slow and try to grow my portfolio on a regular basis.

1. It's good that you have a moderate to aggressive risk tolerance. Scared money don't make money. Learn from me, never FOMO and never panic sell. Study a few companies that you like and keep track of all the news surrounding them. Keep track of their price movement. Ideally, there will always be a pullback. This is when you jump in and buy. Wait for it to go up and sell at the top. Rinse & repeat. Take a look at twitter (TWTR). It was around $40 but is now around $29. It dropped a lot. Maybe it will go back up. Buying at $29 is cheaper than buying at $40.

2. My apology that I didn't elaborate on time frame. What I meant is...are you a long term investor or a short term investor? Most investing definition for long term is anything over 1 years. Short term is anything less than 1 years. This is due to USA tax law.

Do you want to buy into a company and keep it forever or buy and sell multiple times? Me, I'm more of short term guy. I buy when I see it's low enough for me to get in. Sell when I see it's time to get out. I wait for it to crash and then get back in. Rinse & repeat.

3. #metoo when it comes to putting effort into this lol. I definitely want a steady income from doing this.

My advice is to go to youtube and type in "technical analysis trading" Those videos are VERY fun. You can make a ton of money if you can truly master it. Technical Analysis (TA) is something that I am trying to master; however, it's something that take a long time to master. You essentially watch stock movement and try to make an educated guess in term of...this is the lowest price for the stock, I should get in. This is the highest price for the stock right now. I should collect my profit and get out before it go lower.

Congrats. You deposited $9 and now you have $11.56. You essentially made $2.56. Have you thought about buying into a company that pay dividend? Essentially, you get pay a small amount of $$$ every quarters (3 months). In term of very long term strategy, please take a look at Microsoft (MSFT), Visa (V), and Waste Management (WM). These are very reliable companies. Please look at the stock chart for them. It just go up and up and up lol

MSFT - It's MSFT. Everyone uses it. Every offices uses it. It give you dividend.

V - Everyone pretty much have a credit card. I'm pretty sure you have a visa in your wallet. If you don't, I'm sure you know somebody who does. Visa get $$$ whenever someone make a purchases. Visa also pay you dividend.

WM - Everyone needs garbage to be removed. WM has contracts with various governmental entities and businesses. It also give you dividend.

SPY - Watch this if you don't know what it is. This is essentially the S&P500. This is an ETF of the top 500 companies in the USA. It's a measurement of how healthy the stock market is.

Sorry for the extremely long post. If you have any question on anything, feel free to ask me.

Comment

Ad down

Collapse
        Working...
        X