yobit.net eobot.com digifinex
  • Thank you for visiting DiscoverXS your pheromone research community.
    If this is your first visit please register so you can join the community: click the Sign Up link above to proceed.
    To start viewing messages, please login and select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD IN POSts

Collapse

Pheromones and Sense of Smell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pheromones and Sense of Smell

I was just curious about your experiences with effects of photos on people who's sense of smell isn't exactly great. My target is not the most scent sensitive and I was wondering whether that could impair the effects of my cloud.

Comment

Interesting topic indeed. I would say it definitely impairs the effects of your cloud in terms of effective area, and it could possibly dampen exposure, but it's very hard to figure out in this case. I would say you might have to try to be closer for longer than you normally would for it at least to start taking effect.

But that's all guessing though, hmmm

Comment

I mentioned wearing them to him a while back (he struggled with some issues and I gave him one of my bottles to help out).
        temptress hit him pretty well. Still pending on xist/w and testing some others.

Comment

If you feel comfortable, maybe you can introduce the pheromones to him as a hobby that you can share in together. I have that kind of relationship with my husband and it has turned into a lifestyle. We have both learned a lot about the pheromones because we talk about.

Comment

• SecretV
            SecretV commented
            Editing a comment
            Nah. He wouldn't find it interesting

I've definitely noticed that in general, fit people are affected harder with my cloud than others. It may just be my observations but my cloud does not seem to affect obese individuals male or female as much as lean individuals. At first I thought I was crazy or just an a**hole but it made sense to me that obese individuals may not be in great health and thus may have dulled senses. I may get some hate for this but I stand by my observations.

Comment

Also, I failed to mention that even though I'm pretty fit, I don't think I've ever felt any self effects from my mones and I've burned through 4 bottles of them. I do think there are individuals that are more resistant to these molecules than others. I have a great sense of smell as a part time barista.

Comment

The fitness theory is quite interesting.
              what products do you use?

Comment

I believe that chemosignaling and olfactory awareness are independent of each other. Case in point, there are certain molecules which make no olfactory impression yet they impact me on a neurosteroidal level. I don't need a phero smell to feel their effects. I don't believe that you can think of pheros from a traditional olfactory standpoint.

Comment

Scottie2Hottie thank you for imparting your wisdom. I think you might be correct. Doesn't hurt to ask though

Comment

Originally posted by SecretV View Post
                    The fitness theory is quite interesting.
                    what products do you use?
                    I mainly use Ascend and ACE combo. I'm currently doing some self research on effects of different types of fats on Alzheimer risk. I recently read a fascinating Chicago research on the effects of saturated fats and trans fats on Alzheimer rates of older individuals. Alzheimer's is basically an "insulin resistance" of the brain, or a diabetic brain. Simply, patients with atherosclerosis (clogged arteries) just received less blood flow to the cerebral cortex and thus could not clear oxidation that occurs in the brain. (beta-amyloid proteins) It's quite interesting actually.

I'm a firm believer that your diet and fitness affects every single system in your body, including the olfactory senses and its effectiveness. If a patient has chronic inflammation from a terrible diet and lack of exercise, how would you expect them to be affected by mones?

Comment

That is a very fair point. In my mone related uni research we didn't find much correlation between sense of smell and the effectiveness however we did notice that if a participant had a blocked nose or a sinus infection the effects were lower.

we also noticed a possible correlation between certain mental health problems and some mones effects..

Comment

ahan10 I don't think diet and lack of exercise is really a factor in my experience. My stepdad had a terrible diet. He lives on candy, cake and coke. He also never exercises. He never leaves his recliner except to use the bathroom pretty much. However he does react to pheros. Additionally he has advanced COPD so his respiratory function is greatly diminished. None of those factors seem to have an effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Scottie2Hottie View Post
                          ahan10 I don't think diet and lack of exercise is really a factor in my experience. My stepdad had a terrible diet. He lives on candy, cake and coke. He also never exercises. He never leaves his recliner except to use the bathroom pretty much. However he does react to pheros. Additionally he has advanced COPD so his respiratory function is greatly diminished. None of those factors seem to have an effect.

Comment

I think you raise a great question. As humans we categorize everything and in doing so we attach "value". We pigeonhole everything. I think this is why escaping the friend zone can be so difficult. Yes pheros can influence our perceptions of others but depending on how deeply rooted your opinion is of someone they may not overcome the image that you have of that person. For good or bad, people have biases. It's quite possible that not even pheros can overcome them. Humans tend to be superficial. It seems engrained in our culture. I think advertising tends to reflect that. Idk about all cultures but here in America we favor youth, beauty and wealth. We are bombarded with it on a daily basis. Some efforts are being made to overcome that but for the most part I think it holds true. I also think that there is a gender differential in how we judge the appearance others. Based on what I've witnessed and what women have said, it seems that women are less tied into physical appearance than men. They seem to be attracted to less tangible qualities than men. That's not to say that all men are totally superficial or that there aren't women who are. Speaking in generalizations is a slippery slope. There are exceptions to everything. It all comes down to the value system that we possess as individuals. Some people have a more external locus, others are more internal. The former is more likely to value outer appearance and social status. The latter, more internal qualities and couldn't care less what society says or thinks. No one person is all one thing and not the other. Life is not black or white. The truth lies in the murky gray areas.

Apart from sociocultural factors I think that there is an underlying biological basis for mate selection. I think the idea of survival of the fittest does apply. We are biologically driven to select the best possible mate. Nature strives for improvement. And while these things are factors involved I think we need to consider the fact that we humans with our "higher brains" tend to supercede biological drives. We engage in all manner of things which are not biologically sound. I think that if we were entirely biologically driven then we would all probably be seeking the same small percentage of the population. However, we don't. People are attracted to all shapes and sizes. I think that the more correct statement is that we are driven to select the best possible mate that we believe we can acquire. It seems that people with lower self esteem are more likely to pursue those who reflect our own self perception and the same could be said for those with higher self esteem. So how you view yourself influences who you seek as a mate.

Going back to those less tangible qualities, I think that personality traits play a role, as well. I know that I am attracted to certain personality types and have selected mates on that basis over outer characteristics. For some people those qualities outweigh outer appearance. Conversely there are those who only consider superficial "beauty" and couldn't care less about personality. Personal tastes are as unique as the individual.

I think that the myriad of factors that play a role are too complex to come up with a definitive answer. I think if you were to ask a person why they like what they like that they would be hard pressed to give clear answer. It's sort of like I can't explain why I like this or that I just know that I like it.

Again these are generalizations and some things just defy explanation. Some people just have a certain je ne sais quoi. We can't put it into words we just know that it's there.

So the question was can an overweight or obese person benefit from pheros? I think the answer is that it depends. Perhaps not so much on the person wearing them but on the person who is on the receiving end. Everyone has their "criteria" for attraction. The pheros may cause others to take notice but in the end if the wearer doesn't meet those criteria it probably won't matter. I think this could be said for any number of "types"; fat, thin, "beautiful", "ugly", rich or poor. Of course this is merely considering the effects of "attraction" pheros. Different pheros have different effects. Therefore, the effectiveness depends on the goal.

Status blends may have a broader appeal. Qualities of leadership have less to do with physical "beauty". When contemplating this I was considering political leaders. No supermodels in that bunch. But they all possess qualities that fit the bill obviously. When I think of "status" blends I think of things like Ascend or APi. I believe it can be differentiated from what I would consider "alpha" blends like Bad Wolf. I think in this case their effectiveness would be narrower. If a guy who is only 5'7", 95 lbs and skinny uses something like BW I doubt that anyone would feel intimidated. It may cause a brief visceral reaction initially but the higher brain kicks in and overrides that initial impression. They could easily attribute it someone else nearby because he "makes more sense". In some cases I think this is how someone's cloud could be stolen.

Socials have a place too. I've known many heavy people who were wildly popular and loved by many. Big people with big personalities to match. If there was a social gathering they were sure to be included. Using socials could make you more well liked and, therefore, included in more social activities. And lets face it, the more people you meet, the more likely you are to meet that special someone. You could be the best looking person in the world but if you never leave the house how are you ever going to meet anyone? By the same token, if you are just an incredibly dull person with no personality, regardless of looks, no social phero is going to matter. UNLESS you get self effects and it makes you more social. But if you just hide in the corner they won't work. It's possible that your cloud may affect others, that is to say liven up the party, but it won't do you any good.

It seems to me that anyone would benefit from all three types of products. Having a well rounded signature is as important as having a well rounded persona. Appearance is only part of the equation. I've known guys who were bodybuilders. They spent hours in the gym sculpting their physique but couldn't get laid to save their lives. They would go to clubs and just stand there nursing their light beers never talking to anyone. They were above average looking but it didn't matter. Conversely, I've known guys who were just average looking but had great personalities and true leadership qualities. They were outgoing. They were the admired alpha in their group. And these guys got laid like crazy. Guys would be like dude what's your secret, these chicks are way outta your league?

The bottom line is that you hafta have something to offer. Pheros can't compensate for your shortcomings. They can give you a slight advantage but it is YOU who has to make it happen. They won't do the work for you.
                            Last edited by Scottie2Hottie; 05-31-2018, 04:50 PM.

Comment

and Amen to that Scottie

Comment

I definitely have experienced ghosting and having my cloud stolen wearing 2+ drops of Ascend and not waiting for a dry-down before walking into a bus full of college students. 2 drops 5 minutes before a bus ride packed with late students causes some interesting reactions. While I'm very fit and would be called "boyishly handsome" it's definitely caused some interesting reactions when I used to OD on them. No way would I be able to pull off more than 2 drops of Ascend. It's good that I carry myself with confidence and don't back down in social interactions. The last year, I also changed my body language watching psychology videos on youtube. Yes, if you're wearing a heavy hitting status mone but sit crouched in the corner of the room, most people will override the vibe that you give off and you would have just wasted your money. I know this because I let my friend use my first bottle of SOB a few times. He has ZERO game and couldn't even identify IOIs. He's the type to stare at a woman touching her hair, opening her legs and be oblivious. He'd come back and tell me "Im not sure its working man"

Comment

Ive been wondering the same thing so that's how I ended up here. I'm not new to pheromones but I definitely new here at discoverxs. Ive experimented with sprays and oils, and Ive found that oils works best for me in my environment where its an average of 28 degrees.

I have also found in my experience that the effects differ from person to person, and I have also suspected that it might be because my target is not the most sensitive to smell. I have worn mones to work before, and the one was hit the most wasnt the one who sat closest to me, but rather a male colleague who is sensitive to smell. Like if someone changed perfume, he would be the first to point it out.

I have noticed that the one who is less sensitive to smell will eventually be affected as well, but perhaps takes a little more time to do so even with sprays. But still might not have the same depth in reaction as the guy who was most sensitive to smell.

Then again, I think Scottie2Hottie made a very good point about chemosignaling and olfactory awareness, and how there are certain molecules which make no olfactory impression yet is able to impact on a neurosteroidal level. Therefore the smell may not be as crucial to feel their effects.

I guess Im really wondering because I have been trying out on a guy I met at networking, and for the love of God. I am not sure if I have been able to affect him yet. Haha!

Comment

Ad down

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X