yobit.net eobot.com digifinex
  • Thank you for visiting DiscoverXS your pheromone research community.
    If this is your first visit please register so you can join the community: click the Sign Up link above to proceed.
    To start viewing messages, please login and select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD IN POSts

Collapse

Le Chocolat scent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Le Chocolat scent

Thought I'd add a little review about the chocolate scent, as I've just tried it in the Tease blend. I stayed away from this one for ages, because I have a heap of lovely perfumes from "the other place", and some chocolate scents are just blergh! This one isn't. It is not a thick cloying, overly chocolate-y fragrance, it doesn't have a nasty artificial edge or anything like that. It's surprisingly soft and subtle. It's more a hint of chocolate, rather than an overt chocolate fragrance. In fact, I love that this fragrance is really not playing very loudly on my skin at all- it's just a lovely whisper of a scent (I have 2 sprays on, from the 10ml). Despite this, it covers Tease 100%. Tease is a blend that usually smells yuck to me for quite a few minutes before it settles, even when it has an inbuilt cover. With Le Chocolat, it calms down completely very quickly.

I've gone back to having most blends pre-scented because the fragrances here a very concentrated, and are added in small amounts which don't affect diffusion. With my other concentrated perfume oils, I have to add considerably more to feel the blend is totally covered. Which may be decreasing effectiveness a bit. I'm now going to start buying more blends in this fragrance, because it has such impressive cover, and yet I believe even if you were wearing 3 blends at once it wouldn't be too potent at all. Sweet Sensations, on the other hand, I have to be careful how many sprays I use, or it starts to be a little much and feels slightly sickly. You could easily combine these 2 fragrances together by the way, for a softer pink touch.

Chocolate covered maraschino cherries!? Or maybe closer to chocolate covered strawberries? How could that possibly go wrong? Thanks for the review! Will keep in mind for future reference due to the difficulty I'm still having with a couple of these myself
    You're never too old to learn NuTrix ^_~

Comment

Hmm, the pink side wouldn't be fruity, it's a pink candyish scent. But the chocolate is wonderful because it only hints at chocolate. I'm going to order a Vibe with it next and see if it covers that. Have also got it coming in Connections, Fantasy & Flirt, so I'll see how versatile a cover it is.

Comment

Oh I wish the Sweet Sensations was like a Cherry one. I wouldn't mind getting some of these XS pheros scented if I could sort of match them up with my LP's. Tempted to try this chocolate one now that I know it's not overbearing chocolate.

Comment

• NuTrix
          NuTrix commented
          Editing a comment
          I know right? I'm already thinking of all the foodie, marshmallow and vanilla perfumes it could pair with

Yep, I think I can pair the chocolate one with quite a lot, because it's so soft and subtle on me compared to other scents. I hope it would play that way for everyone, as I was quite pleasantly surprised by its character, after putting off trying it for ages.

Comment

OH MY WOW. That chocolate scent is amazing!

XS Le Chocolat

Fear: Cloyingly sweet, artificial chocolate, plastic weirdness

Reality: Light, milk chocolate, sugared pudding whisper that could TOTALLY be layered or worn as a soft delicious solo.

Holy WOW! What a pleasant surprise! Surely when I come across the "bears" of mone scentedness (I'm talking to YOU VibeXS) Sweet Sensations and Le Chocolat will be my go to's!

Comment

• XSteveO
            XSteveO commented
            Editing a comment
            I searched a very long time for that chocolat. French but creamy which is kind of odd in itself for French chocolat. The blend has some nice top notes.

Originally posted by MissDarlynCherie View Post
          Oh I wish the Sweet Sensations was like a Cherry one. I wouldn't mind getting some of these XS pheros scented if I could sort of match them up with my LP's. Tempted to try this chocolate one now that I know it's not overbearing chocolate.
          I could probably make that happen very easily. The top note has something similar to cherry, which morgaine had picked up on if I remember correctly. It should be pretty easy to do. I'll experiment, but it might take a couple weeks as I'm working on another right now.

I would appreciate suggestions though. A dark cherry, maraschino type, bitter cherry? I'll have to see how it will work in the process because I like to use real fragrances as opposed to an aldehyde.

Steve O
          PLEASE DON'T PRIVATE MESSAGE ME. I'M MONTHS BEHIND.

This is my passion and my goal: to change the world, 1 person at a time, by empowering them with knowledge, know-how and the products that give them the ability to live their dreams.

A dream or vision is only a pretty picture without the passion and willingness to get your ass kicked chasing after it.

discoverXS is our adventure story! Thank you for being a part of it

Pheromone Questions? (I like to answer the phones)
          Pheromone Answer Line: +1(901)-328-6433

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post

I could probably make that happen very easily. The top note has something similar to cherry, which morgaine had picked up on if I remember correctly. It should be pretty easy to do. I'll experiment, but it might take a couple weeks as I'm working on another right now.

I would appreciate suggestions though. A dark cherry, maraschino type, bitter cherry? I'll have to see how it will work in the process because I like to use real fragrances as opposed to an aldehyde.
            I think it is like a maraschino type that I like personally...(whatever is in Special Delivery and Cherry Divinity if any LP'ers know better).

For the record I have yet to try Sweet Sensations...I was a little afraid of the sweet pinkiness of it. However!!! I totally agree with everyone about Le Chocolate!! Was pleasantly surprised on how milky creamy it was as opposed to my fear of sweet and cloying. TOTALLY wearable alone but mostly thrilled that it will subtly enhance my many chocolate LP's without taking them over. Of course I got it in Tease which I practically live in. So now I have Tease in Unscented, Le Chocolate and Jasmine (which I also shockingly like to wear on its own.)

Comment

• XSteveO
              XSteveO commented
              Editing a comment
              Awesome! I'll see what I can do for you

I don't know about Special D but Cherry D only says Cherry but I believe it's the maraschino type, like in the OCCO Ambrosia.

And that Le Chocolat! YES Steve! Creamy - it's smooth to me, which could completely be equated to creamy! It's so soft and yet so lick-arm-worthy - don't though...it DOESN'T taste like it smells

Comment

Sounds lovely! It sounds a bit like a perfume oil (non-pheromone) that I bought from a soapmaking website. It's called Chocolate Orchid, & not a sugary-sweet chocolate smell either. More like a sweet floral with a strong chocolate note...a sexy chocolate fragrance. It's one of my favorites! ????
              Shy, sweet gamer geek & aspiring artist

Collection: Fantasy, DesireMe+, Xist for Women, Limitless, PSEL
              Samples: Babe, Tease, Love Boat, Vibe, Cohesion, Innocence

Comment

Ad down

Collapse
              Working...
              X