yobit.net eobot.com digifinex
  • Thank you for visiting DiscoverXS your pheromone research community.
    If this is your first visit please register so you can join the community: click the Sign Up link above to proceed.
    To start viewing messages, please login and select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD IN POSts

Collapse

Hi and how unscented are the unscented?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi and how unscented are the unscented?

Hi ladies,

I wanted to introduce myself (I'm Lissa) and a newbie here at XS (and to real pheromones). I'm plotting my first order and I'm a perfume junkie of the highest order with a dresser top to prove it and I've also just discovered LMPM scents so my beauty budget is whimpering in the corner already.

I've read a LOT about cops and the danger of their "aroma" but I'm actually leaning towards Cohesion, Innocence and Fantasy for my first order and didn't see cops listed so I think I'm safe from needing a cover scent or having to match perfectly. It also makes sense to me each phero blend could have some detectable scent (even unscented products do) and each their own unique signature. I liked Pink Sugar several years ago and am seriously tempted by Steve's version, but that might limit what I could pair it with (although I do like sweets, florals, and musks).

So I'm asking for some help/input from you wonderful and experienced ladies if you've gotten any of the above scented or unscented and your recommendations. Thanks so much.

hey CC (love the user name by the way). I can't speak for the lady's scents but I order everything unscented as I like to work with my own stuff (bit of a Creed junkie myself). It depends on the product, but most to me have almost no scent or a slight alcohol scent when you first spray that goes away after it dries down. Some, like PSE, has a slightly sweet scent to it but again, that dies down about 5-10 minutes after application and it's very light. I think you should be okay. Steve's cops are quite potent so yea, the scent could be an issue. you would need to have a strong cover scent or spread out the dosage on a larger area. Not sure for women so I'll leave the answer to that part, for the ladies here.

Welcome to DiscoverXS, if you need anything don't hesitate to ask, we're a friendly bunch here and um...we don't have any monitors to worry about...

Comment

Originally posted by 2000GT View Post
      Welcome to DiscoverXS, if you need anything don't hesitate to ask, we're a friendly bunch here and um...we don't have any monitors to worry about...
      *side-eyes 2000GT* Uh, thanks, that's not at all disconcerting you know about *monitors*. (Checks your profile for Proud DYAD Employee of the Year mention). J/K!

Thanks for your advice and time on both the threads. I'll wait and see who else checks in, but I'm more convinced now about unscented for maximum versatility. You guys rock here!

Comment

• 2000GT
        2000GT commented
        Editing a comment
        Allison is my favorite just for how OCD she is. Did an OMG when I saw Michelle Forbes.

Hi Lissa, YAY for you discovering XS- you will LOVE the products here! I'm new myself, only discovered this place about a month ago, and have already made 2 good-sized orders. From my limited experience I can already say that these products are very effective and potent- bearing that in mind I'll warn you that the unscented ones I've come across so far smell pretty strong (to my sensitive nose). Of course, that scent will die down a while after you've sprayed them on, but I would advise cover scents to be used. I've ordered many of my sprays here in the Sweet Sensations scent, because I'd heard how strong they were. I like this scent- it's a warm, sweet pink scent that could easily go with other perfumes. I like it more the more I use it- it's not loud or obnoxious or chemical smelling at all, and yet it projects really well.

Of the 3 you mentioned, I only have Fantasy so far. I ordered this one unscented, and my god- when I took my first whiff I knew that stuff was potent, lol! I've come to the conclusion it would be good to have a mix of scented and unscented sprays to work with. This is to avoid over-perfuming myself if I'm wearing multiple products (as a lot of things here combine really well together). If I were you, I'd be looking at the pheromone content of each product you want to buy, and if you want to get any unscented, go for the ones with lower pheromone content for that, as they'll not be as offensive, and you can always cover them with a light scent.

I know you've just discovered LPMP, so you'll have a ton of wonderful scents you could cover things with. I'm going to experiment with using a little of an LP oil-based perfume to scent an XS product myself. As LP has concentrated perfume oils, and uses DPG as their oil base they'll work really well together. So if you do go all unscented you could always scent them that way if you needed to. Just for a comparison, I'll tell you that the unscented products here are way WAY stronger smelling than any I've come across at LP, so don't jump to any conclusions about smell based off of them.

ETA: If you're working with perfume oils rather than sprays, and your scents are kept separate from your pheromones, then I'd put your oil perfume on first, dry it for a minute, then spray your mones. Cause the oil might inhibit the spray getting out there a bit.
      Last edited by Morgaine; 06-14-2014, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Morgaine--I did "see" you earlier today over there! Thank you for the warm welcomes all around. OMG, the thought of such effective mones is both exciting and a bit overwhelming. I'll start out sloooow.

Of all the cover scents, Steve's SS sounds the most appealing to me, and would probably mix/match fairly well with several scents I already own. So if I do go for a cover, it will be that. I literally am taking notes as I go around the forum and keeping the tabs open as I can come back and look around, so I have an idea of what mixes might be stronger scented, and what mixes other ladies have had good results with. (Bearing in mind everyone's chemistry is different).

I'm as taken by a few of the Unisexy "happy" scents as by the Feminine choices I mentioned. (And the Thinker has me super intrigued too). I'll probably have a couple of big first orders, as well.

Awesome tip about the oils and spray mixes. I prefer oils (I use some Middle Eastern perfume attars too) because most alcohol sprays have to go on my hair or clothes. Five minutes on my skin *poof*. (I won't do that w/ 'mones especially with cops!)

Comment

Yep, I've started a word document where I save some info about all the products I want/have so I know what's in them and how much overall pheromone content they have, and what they all do. I've actually gotten into the Unisexys more than the Female ones here so far. I now have Flirt, Connections, Bliss, Vibe and Love Boat! Haven't tested extensively yet, but I'm loving everything I've tried so far. With the Female ones I've got Tease (which I see as a social sexy), Fantasy (feminine social/admiration), and the potent Desire Me Plus spray (sexy goddess). It's all very good stuff. I too am very intrigued by the Thinker blend. With many things I've come across here one spray is all I'd ever need, with a few I could go to 2 for extra sparkliness- that's how effective these little beauties are. I know you'll have a wonderful time testing all your goodies out.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgaine View Post
            Yep, I've started a word document where I save some info about all the products I want/have so I know what's in them and how much overall pheromone content they have
            Mine's a OneNote section.

I DID IT! I just placed my first order! And it wasn't quite what I thought it would be a few days ago. I also went SS cover scent on all of them. Since I want to try the mixes out all on their own and not worry about finding the perfect cover scent each time. Just spray 'n go (along w/ a reminds-me-of-Pink Sugar roll on oil perfume I have).

I chose Thinker (so excited to try this!), and for my ladies three pack I decided on Cohesion (if this works for me, it's going to turn around a roller coaster that's stretched into almost two weeks each month!), Innocence (I could use the youthful sparkle) and Temptress. I'm not the most confident nor commanding person, nor have I ever been, so this intrigues me because it's not for the club or office scene, it's for the my at-home Mom of a pubescent Aspie son who isn't digging my role of authority lately on *anything* scene, a tween daughter who has tried to negotiate like a contract attorney since she was 3 y.o , and a bunch of in-laws and womens/moms groups that I have to spend time with, and I don't dislike, but I don't feel the respect I'd like, either. So, yeah, I cannot wait to return/report this blend.

Comment

• Mysticbeauty
              Mysticbeauty commented
              Editing a comment
              I can't wait to hear your experiences! Welcome!

Be sure to tell us what you think of The Thinker ClubClone- I'm dying to hear a female review of that one! And Innocence too- cause everyone seems to have such different experiences with it. Haven't got that one yet in case it doesn't agree with me. I wonder if it works best for women who are already quite soft and innocent (which I am), or whether it's better if you're not? Experiment away, and have fun!

Comment

• Mysticbeauty
              Mysticbeauty commented
              Editing a comment
              I wondered that too about innocence since I've read different views on it. I'm already young and girly and don't know if I really need that or not.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only document keeper! (Word & Excel)

Even though the DM+ is a cops bomb - and when I spray it, it DOES smell up the entire room - on me, it dries down quickly to imperceptible. I always use a cover scent (another LPMP fan here) but I wouldn't have to with that one. Same with TeaseXS and the DM oil. Bliss was a terrible stinker on me...I like getting everything unscented though, it gives me a reason to continue my LPMP perfume addiction. I will be trying the idea of scenting XS with them. Just not sure yet of the ratio I will use (oil to spray) Steve's products are so powerful that I'm not really worried about it affecting efficacy - maaaybe I'd be more likely to use 2 sprays instead on 1

I'm plotting an order soon and it's great to see you ladies posting!
            You're never too old to learn NuTrix ^_~

Comment

LOL! I have an Excel and I use a Google Calendar as a journal (not only for mones but also for dreams and special thoughts/ideas).

As for the original question, I smell every blend, and I think XS's are really too strong to wear uncovered. I am a sensitive nose as well, I can smell almost every molecule, even the supposedly non-stinking ones (anol, bnol, dienone, ...). The only one I can't smell so far is EST. And DHEAS is very faint.
              I usually get XS's scented AND I still smell mones in it a LOT, so I cover the scented ones with perfume. The only I wear scented without covering are DM oil and DM+ in rose-amber scent. They STINK when applied but after drydown its very pleasant.

As for the scents, I have all except the chocolate.
              Rose-amber is my favorite for Desire Me and DM Plus. I myself find the combination of cops and this smell very arousing. Those who sniffed it close enough on my skin, seem to think alike
              I received compliments only with AXS, boys seems to like it, but I can smell the mones (non-cops) over it.
              Sweet sensations is the later I got. It smells a bit like the Vanilla-Jasmine to me, but this one mix very well with Pink Sugar, which is one of my staples. The combination seems to cover the mones just fine and specially long enough (lasts till the next day). I'm happy with it.

Of course nothing compares to LPMP scents, and I'm very tempted to try mixing the ones I have unscented (vibe and connections) with some LP oils.

Comment

I can smell mones strongly too Akelah, and even the pretty non-offensive ones, like A-nol, often have an odd, metallic/sharp edge to them that makes my nose wrinkle. The exception is EST, which to me smells lovely, soft and sweet, almost powdery but in a good way- it has a naturally slightly pink scent to me. Mind you, I haven't smelt the EST from here yet, which may be more potent, lol. My ability to smell mones is increasing the more I use them. I can now detect them beneath all the perfumes I use.

I've got several mixes from here scented (sweet sensations), but am now collecting a bunch of unscented versions too. I've found that because I tend to want to layer multiple products at once that the scent can get overpowering if they're all scented. I'm thinking I might just add a few drops of something like LP's Pure Sugar to my unscented ones (as it's so neutral and can be very subtle), that way I can add extra scent when needed, without having too much perfume-y-ness going on.

Comment

• Mysticbeauty
                  Mysticbeauty commented
                  Editing a comment
                  How much EST to you use? I just ordered it in sweet Sensations 25 mcgs. I think it's the most lingering cover scednt I've tried out of all of them.

Ad down

Collapse
              Working...
              X