yobit.net eobot.com digifinex
  • Thank you for visiting DiscoverXS your pheromone research community.
    If this is your first visit please register so you can join the community: click the Sign Up link above to proceed.
    To start viewing messages, please login and select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD IN POSts

Collapse

Travel bottles and spilage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Muestereate View Post
    I got half a notion to try burning off some of this alcohol or boiling it off and replace with dpg, iso-e or timbersilk. just have to get the lab equipment, lest i spill shit I'm trying to conserve.
    It will affect the formula for sure but let us know how it pans out.

Comment

I'm just looking for a stopper and a tube. Maybe something to hold the bottle in a pot of heated water. If I heat the water to around 75c the alcohol should start to evaporate. If I can find a cheap boiling flask or still apparatus, even better.

Man has been boiling the alcohol out of mixtures for a long time.

Comment

Have you checked if Perfumer's Apprentice has what you need?

Comment

Comment

Take pictures before you unseal the bag? Contact customer service before you open the bag?

I'm finding my own personal habits are not securely double checking the cap. When I spray i'm usually holding clothing or balancing bottles at the same time and I don't fully snap the lid and twist the sprayer.

My losses look to have slowed since I double check and snap the caps. I'm inside an insulated box so temp extremes are less likely. The outside of the box is 60 to 80 degrees. I could move it into a more stable spot come to think of it.

I'm sticking with siphon Idea. The products i have not primed by using them are stable for the last week or so.

Comment

Yes, first thing I did was taking pictures. I contacted support and the bag is still sealed.

These bottles are new so I guess even they're not primed, they still leak from pressure.

Comment

I recall a similar delivery in the summer, can you check for tight sprayers? I mean instead of the caps. There are three possible leak points. 1 or even all could be culprits. We have the siphon idea and though your package probably flew, since they weren't primed, we can rule that out. 2nd is simply are the caps screwed on tight. I've noticed these threads are loose tolerance, they loosen it seems by themselves. It could be temp shifts but the bottle and sprayer seem similar materials. Lastly, could it be the fitting between the nozzle head and the sleeve it slides up and down in? I've never gotten a physical drip but its the only other place I can think the leaks might come from.

Comment

Last edited by Bloodburn; 12-25-2018, 08:24 AM.

Comment

• Muestereate
                    Muestereate commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Its hard for air to leak in and inflate the bag. The barometric pressure in Tennesee was probably low or the temperature was cold on the day the bag was sealed.

Update #4.

Tried the PXS 10ml bottles and some bottles from Amazon in a water tight Plano tackle box.
                  Failure.
                  The water tight box did not make a difference.
                  I also took 9 2ml togo bottles and as far as I can tell, they did not leak.
                  Also 1 3ml bottle of AV oil, it leaked a little but I think I did not have the cap on tight enough.

I just order some 5 ml bottles from AFF and will be testing those soon.

Comment

teflon tape for the threads just came to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Oncearound View Post
                      Update #4.

Tried the PXS 10ml bottles and some bottles from Amazon in a water tight Plano tackle box.
                      Failure.
                      The water tight box did not make a difference.
                      I also took 9 2ml togo bottles and as far as I can tell, they did not leak.
                      Also 1 3ml bottle of AV oil, it leaked a little but I think I did not have the cap on tight enough.

I just order some 5 ml bottles from AFF and will be testing those soon.
                      I think the best possible way is to replicate what PXS does when shipping oil with spray. Take the cap with the tube out and find a regular bottle cap to screw it shut?

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodburn View Post

I think the best possible way is to replicate what PXS does when shipping oil with spray. Take the cap with the tube out and find a regular bottle cap to screw it shut?
                        Defeats the purpose of what I am trying to do. Simplicity.
                        Not to mention, it wont be long until the tubes get mixed up and cross-contamination will ensue.

Comment

The only way I can think off now is vacuum the bag and seal it. Without vacuum machine, we could submerge the 2/3 part of zip-lock bag under water.

Comment

I just used parafilm tape again, worked like a charm.

Comment

Originally posted by nephil View Post
                              I just used parafilm tape again, worked like a charm.
                              Gonna have to pick up some and try it. Sadly, I have been grounded for a couple of weeks for sinus issues.
                              For the past couple of months every time I go out locally, the weather has been shit and not much of a female crowd to try out my purchases.

Comment

My bottles seem to have stabilized. I noticed the spray bottle caps have two notches when you snap thenm down. whenever I put mine away i just tap down on the lids. I always get a snap or two and the next day it happens again. I may try the film on the lids as well as the threads.

Comment

I've read about that parafilm as well. I may have to buy some myself.

Another trick that perfume decant sellers use is using PTFE tape to seal the threads of the bottle.

Comment

I suspect they are the same thing

Comment

Parafilm is used to cover the cap down to the neck. You will have to tear off the parafilm first to use the sprayer but PTFE is used on the threads before screwing close the cap. Liquid may still leak through the nozzle but air or liquid cannot get in or leak out through the neck.

Comment

I use these:

Put plumbers tape:

over the screw, under the cap. Flying, the air pressure may push the liquid up the nozzle. Make sure the line is empty by spraying back into the bottle to empty the line (or spritz yourself, lol) reassemble and cap. So far I haven't had any issues with the plumbers tape, I just empty the line for good measure if flying. This works for me. My 2c
                                        You're never too old to learn NuTrix ^_~

Comment

Ad down

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X