yobit.net eobot.com digifinex
  • Thank you for visiting DiscoverXS your pheromone research community.
    If this is your first visit please register so you can join the community: click the Sign Up link above to proceed.
    To start viewing messages, please login and select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD IN POSts

Collapse

Travel bottles and spilage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel bottles and spilage

I am in need of some information of you more experienced users.
    This past week I was on a work trip and I decided to take some of my newly purchased pheromones with me. Rather than take the entire 10ml bottle, I bought some additional bottles off of Amazon to transfer a couple of ml into. Unfortunately, all of the bottles leaked, including the one with witchhazel. Luckily, I had double bagged them, for just such and event. It looks as if the lower pressure inside the aircraft caused the bottles to siphon though the sprayer since I had already primed the bottle. With my latest order from XS, I also purchased some additional empty bottles. I am hoping I do don't get the same results.

Does anyone else having any experience with the XS bottles or can recommended a travel sprayer bottle that will not leak.

This seems to be a common problem. I don't if there is anything that will prevent that. They do sell travel cases that maintain internal air pressure but they are extremely expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Scottie2Hottie View Post
      This seems to be a common problem. I don't if there is anything that will prevent that. They do sell travel cases that maintain internal air pressure but they are extremely expensive.
      Strange as I have traveled with them without issue. I could recommend getting a 5ml screw cap dropper bottle with the mix then taking the spray bottles empty and fill them at the destination
      Pheromone XS
      Oil: evolve, xist
      Spray: Xist, Evolve, cohesion, sob

Comment

Originally posted by Primross View Post

Strange as I have traveled with them without issue. I could recommend getting a 5ml screw cap dropper bottle with the mix then taking the spray bottles empty and fill them at the destination
        Do you put it in your suitcase or do you do carryon?

Comment

Comment

Do you put it in your suitcase or do you do carryon?
            Carry on always.
            Pheromone XS

Comment

Carry on always.
              Ok that explains it. It's the pressure change in the hold that is the issue most likely.

Comment

Ok that explains it. It's the pressure change in the hold that is the issue most likely.
                I only carry one bottle with me always. The rest go into my suitcase. Never get pressure leaks.

Comment

No, the cargo hold is also in side the pressure vessel, so same PSI-D
                  In other words, your checked bags are at the same cabin pressure as your carry-on

Comment

Originally posted by Oncearound View Post

No, the cargo hold is also in side the pressure vessel, so same PSI-D
                    In other words, your checked bags are at the same cabin pressure as your carry-on
                    Ok well there you go. Can't say that I know for sure one way or the other so I'll take your word for it.

Comment

Well honestly the 2mls are pretty flimsy you have to make sure they are on right. I've had them leak in my pockets and in my bag. It's unlikely the pressure
                      Pheromone XS

Comment

Tape up sprayers really well before air travel.

Comment

Originally posted by nephil View Post
                          Tape up sprayers really well before air travel.
                          That's a good idea also
                          Pheromone XS

Comment

That's a good idea also
                            Yeah, I recall someone on PT using parafilm to great effect:

Comment

That would work too
                              Pheromone XS

Comment

Well honestly the 2mls are pretty flimsy you have to make sure they are on right. I've had them leak in my pockets and in my bag. It's unlikely the pressure
                                I had a couple of times 2mls leaked on me as well inside my coin pocket on my jeans. When the cap get squeezed a bit and it just pop out.

Comment

I am hoping my experience was because of the cheap sprayers that I used. I don't normally travel with such low viscosity toiletries and I don't wear cologne often. I just re-bottled a few products with about 3ml for round two of testing for my trip this weekend. This time I am using the bottles PXS sells.
                                  The stuff I bought from Apex shipped with what looked to be painters tape over the nozzle. That my will be my tertiary plan if round two testing fails.

Comment

Yes, Apex ship theirs with tape over the nozzle. I had asked PXS to do the same with my bottles but SteveO told me they wanted to avoid any contamination from the tape glue on the nozzle.

Comment

Update,

Round 2 testing failed.
                                      I used 3 10ml bottles and 1 2ml togo type bottle, all from PXS.
                                      Two of the 10 ml bottles contained pheromones and the third was witchhazel. All were primed for spray and contained 3+ ml of liquid.
                                      After flying 2 legs and arriving at the hotel, at least half of the liquid from the 10ml bottles had leaked into the ziplock bag.
                                      The 2 ml bottle appeared not to leak.

Two legs home and the most of the liquid was now gone from the 10 ml bottles but the 2 ml bottle still seems not to leak.

More testing required.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodburn View Post
                                        Yes, Apex ship theirs with tape over the nozzle. I had asked PXS to do the same with my bottles but SteveO told me they wanted to avoid any contamination from the tape glue on the nozzle.
                                        I may try using some thin sterile gauze and then painters tape. Not sure if the gauze will to porous over the nozzle to prevent the pressure change that I am trying to negate.

Then again, I may end up using an Otterbox or some sort of water proof type box but I am trying to stay compact and light.

Comment

Ad down

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X