yobit.net eobot.com digifinex
  • Thank you for visiting DiscoverXS your pheromone research community.
    If this is your first visit please register so you can join the community: click the Sign Up link above to proceed.
    To start viewing messages, please login and select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD IN POSts

Collapse

Travel bottles and spilage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oncearound View Post

I may try using some thin sterile gauze and then painters tape. Not sure if the gauze will to porous over the nozzle to prevent the pressure change that I am trying to negate.

Then again, I may end up using an Otterbox or some sort of water proof type box but I am trying to stay compact and light.
    Like I said I have never had an issue. If I was going to use something I would select cohesive bandage I'm a nurse and I use this for lab vials to protect them for important specimens. It doesn't use adhesive it just sticks to itself I'm sure you could find some cheap in a dollar store or Amazon
    Pheromone XS
    Oil: evolve, xist
    Spray: Xist, Evolve, cohesion, sob

Comment

Update,

Round 2 testing failed.
      I used 3 10ml bottles and 1 2ml togo type bottle, all from PXS.
      Two of the 10 ml bottles contained pheromones and the third was witchhazel. All were primed for spray and contained 3+ ml of liquid.
      After flying 2 legs and arriving at the hotel, at least half of the liquid from the 10ml bottles had leaked into the ziplock bag.
      The 2 ml bottle appeared not to leak.

Two legs home and the most of the liquid was now gone from the 10 ml bottles but the 2 ml bottle still seems not to leak.

More testing required.
      Hmm, I never get any leaks with 10ml bottles. Was there any liquid in the tube already?

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodburn View Post

Hmm, I never get any leaks with 10ml bottles. Was there any liquid in the tube already?
        Yes, the was liquid in the tube as the bottles were primed to spray.

Comment

Originally posted by Primross View Post

Like I said I have never had an issue. If I was going to use something I would select cohesive bandage I'm a nurse and I use this for lab vials to protect them for important specimens. It doesn't use adhesive it just sticks to itself I'm sure you could find some cheap in a dollar store or Amazon
          That is a great idea and exactly why I put up this thread.

Comment

That is a great idea and exactly why I put up this thread.
            thanks happy to help
            Pheromone XS

Comment

Yes, the was liquid in the tube as the bottles were primed to spray.
              What if you spray any liquid in the tube back into the bottle? I always do that so I get clean shaken well spray and it may solve the leak.

Comment

What if you spray any liquid in the tube back into the bottle? I always do that so I get clean shaken well spray and it may solve the leak.
                You mean to say it leaks because the sprayer is primed?
                Pheromone XS

Comment

It could be the cause.

Comment

It could be the cause.
                    I never hear that before but it could be the case
                    Pheromone XS

Comment

I had thought about doing that but inevitably I will forget to spray it back in the bottle.

I spend (on average) 3 nights a week on the road.

Comment

Yes.
                        I am experiencing a siphoning effect due to the pressure differential between the bottle (higher) and the cabin altitude (lower).

Comment

Because how could it leak out if the cap is well closed (unless it's that flimsy 2ml). Pressure could have built up inside the bottle then push it out through the tube.

Comment

Because how could it leak out if the cap is well closed (unless it's that flimsy 2ml). Pressure could have built up inside the bottle then push it out through the tube.
                            The 2ml is always flimsy
                            Pheromone XS

Comment

The 2ml is always flimsy
                              Yea, I hate that bottle. The only 2ml I carry is NNPA.

Comment

Its the opposite. The pressure is inside the bottle is atmospheric or about 15 psi and when you get to altitude in an aircraft the pressure drops to around 8 psi. Fluid dynamics comes into play and things move from a higher pressure to a lower pressure.

Funny enough, the 2 ml bottle don't seem to leak.

Comment

Its the opposite. The pressure is inside the bottle is atmospheric or about 15 psi and when you get to altitude in an aircraft the pressure drops to around 8 psi. Fluid dynamics comes into play and things move from a higher pressure to a lower pressure.

So it depends on how much liquid it contains also
                                  Pheromone XS

Comment

Thank you for clarifying that.

Comment

So it depends on how much liquid it contains also
                                      That would appear to be the case in my not so scientific approach.

Comment

That would appear to be the case in my not so scientific approach.
                                        Gotcha!
                                        Pheromone XS

Comment

Hmmm, no air, no outsiphoning I thought it was evaporation but atmospheric siphoning makes more sense.

Comment

Ad down

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X