yobit.net eobot.com digifinex
  • Thank you for visiting DiscoverXS your pheromone research community.
    If this is your first visit please register so you can join the community: click the Sign Up link above to proceed.
    To start viewing messages, please login and select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD IN POSts

Collapse

Longetivity and Projection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Longetivity and Projection

Hi all, I just had few questions about projection and longetivity of oil-based products. I've been noticing that oils do not last more than 3 or 4 hours on me max. Granted, I do live in Illinois, a very windy state and constantly dart in and out of classrooms. Are there any tips about application methods or ways to prolong the life of the molecules on my skin? I have read some fragrance posts about putting on lotion before putting my oils. Would this help? I have a pretty dry skin which I thought would be better to "soak" up the molecules. I feel that putting on lotion may block some pores that may cause some of the products to be wasted.

1. How long do oils last on your skin? (I have Ascend and Evolve in Oil)
    2. Tips to make them last longer? (Such as application points, methods, i.e. putting cover scent) Does putting cologne directly over your application point affect oil projection?
    Thanks!

I'm surprised that you're only geting 3-4 hrs. Most oils last 8-10 peak at the 4-5 hour mark.

Projection with oils is only like 2-4 ft. Some people apply cologne on top to lift the molecules add increase projection. But some people advise against it. You'll just have to experiment and find what works best for you.

Personally I'm opposed to the use of lotion. I think it dramatically reduces projection for the sake of increased longevity. If the loecules can't lift off your skin it doesn't matter how long they remain.

Comment

Hm, thats quite interesting because I personally noticed I can create an insane cloud of about 15 feet (Sitting down in the library). I dont know if its my warm skin or whatnot but today I'll give it a try with lotion and tomorrow with direct covering of the molecules with other fragrances. What is your application spots? I do a drop behind each ear every morning and reapply 5 or 6 hours later. Maybe I'm just being an ass with this and overapplying, but I noticed I don't get much longetivity. It may be due to the Illinois winds. (12-20 mpg winds on the weekly)

Comment

Originally posted by ahan10 View Post
        Hm, thats quite interesting because I personally noticed I can create an insane cloud of about 15 feet (Sitting down in the library). I dont know if its my warm skin or whatnot but today I'll give it a try with lotion and tomorrow with direct covering of the molecules with other fragrances. What is your application spots? I do a drop behind each ear every morning and reapply 5 or 6 hours later. Maybe I'm just being an ass with this and overapplying, but I noticed I don't get much longetivity. It may be due to the Illinois winds. (12-20 mpg winds on the weekly)
        Is it possible diffusion is working just fine and you just stop smelling the scent after you get used to it?

Comment

I doubt it. I've been into fragrances much longer than XS products and know a thing about them. I've sniffed coffee beans to get the smell out of my nose, then whiff myself. I notice that even my cover scent (sprayed back of neck) is no longer present after about 4 or 5 hours. I would take longetivity over projection at this point.

Comment

I doubt it. I've been into fragrances much longer than XS products and know a thing about them. I've sniffed coffee beans to get the smell out of my nose, then whiff myself. I notice that even my cover scent (sprayed back of neck) is no longer present after about 4 or 5 hours. I would take longetivity over projection at this point.
            wow, pretty neat. what cover are you using?

Comment

I use lotions because the alcohol from the colognes irritate my skin at times. I also use oils pretty much exclusively. I'm successful because I apply the oil AFTER I apply the lotion. I also live in the Badger state just north of you so I understand the wind and the weather. Scottie is right that you should be getting about 8 hours from your oils. I know that because when I apply them, some people will start rubbing their eyes when I'm around them--even at the 6 or 7 hour mark. It's one thing that I have used to determine if I'm applying too much. Hope that helps!

Comment

The Projection of oils is gong to be highly dependent on your own body heat, hence the massive disparity in results from different users. If your metabolism is really cooking, you'll be around 99 degrees, and the oils will project properly for hours.

-Standing on a boat on Lake Michigan in the middle of winter

+Standing in a sauna with the door closed.

Context is king.

Also, in terms of the longevity of smells, you could easily be picking up ghost-fragrances, so I wouldn't put too much stock in what you think you smell.

One last tip: try applying triple your normal dose, and see what happens. You might be surprised.

Comment

Don't talk bad about the winds. We finally get good weather and it's February!

Comment

• theLaw
                    theLaw commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Record annual Murder-rate...........here we come!!!

• ObscuredFacade
                    ObscuredFacade commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sad...But true!

Lol i dont think 6 drops (I normally use 2) would garner anything but ghosting and unbalanced social interactions. Do i say f**k it and go for it? Hell fking ye lol

Comment

Ad down

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X