yobit.net eobot.com digifinex
  • Thank you for visiting DiscoverXS your pheromone research community.
    If this is your first visit please register so you can join the community: click the Sign Up link above to proceed.
    To start viewing messages, please login and select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD IN POSts

Collapse

compromised sense of smell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• compromised sense of smell?

Hello pherofriends,

I'm with someone who, due to issues with her sinuses, has a compromised sense of smell.

She's not entirely unable to smell, but, for example, she's less able to pick up on the scent of someone's cologne than someone without sinus issues.

Am I correct in assuming this could affect her response to 'mones?

And, if so, is there a way around this (short of dousing myself in them)?

I have both spray and oil 'mones from XS, so I'd love any suggestions you might have.

Thank you for your assistance.

bluemandragon

I'm certainly no expert in biology, but after some reading I've found that the vomeronasal organ (pheromone receptor) isn't that far back in the nose. And the olfactory (smell) receptors are in a much different location. Google it to see what I'm talking about... I wouldn't think sinus issues would mess with it that much, but then I guess it depends on how bad her sinus issues are.... Trial and error may be your best bet.

Comment

I have horrible sinus problems and need to take pseudofed several times a day to breathe clearly. However I have no problems picking up on mones whatsoever. So I'd say that should not be an issue.
      Ammo:
      PXS: Ascend, Cohesion, Evolve, Bliss, Xist, Loveboat, PSE, XSR193(Boyfriend), SOB
      LAL: Aqua Vitae, Nude, Possess, Voodoo, Bad Wolf, DP
      PT: GOA, Swoon, Captain, AOA
      AD: Glace
      Lovescent: NNPA
      Androtics: A314 Rev 32, TUTH

Comment

Thank you both for your replies. It's good to hear that this won't be an issue.

bluemandragon

Comment

Wizard is correct: The VNO should still respond to the pheros regardless of whether she can perceive smells.

Comment

Ad down

Collapse
          Working...
          X