yobit.net eobot.com digifinex
  • Thank you for visiting DiscoverXS your pheromone research community.
    If this is your first visit please register so you can join the community: click the Sign Up link above to proceed.
    To start viewing messages, please login and select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD IN POSts

Collapse

More effective with a cover scent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More effective with a cover scent?

I think I've seen more than once the statement that pheromones are more effective when a cover scent is used.

Could people please explain their understanding of this? I'm not sure I understand how that would be possible. Is there some kind of olfactory science behind this?

I don't think it makes them more effective, I just think it helps people to link the feelings their getting with you. It will also help with diffusion range.

Comment

GHOST The comment you made about people linking the effects to me more easily makes sense.

How can it help with the diffusion range? Adding more alcohol to the area? Are you suggesting the cover scent is applied OVER the pheromone application spot?

Comment

Originally posted by Xcc View Post
        GHOST The comment you made about people linking the effects to me more easily makes sense.

How can it help with the diffusion range? Adding more alcohol to the area? Are you suggesting the cover scent is applied OVER the pheromone application spot?
        Did you mean wearing unscented mones with a cover scent as opposed to unscented mones without?

I am not a scientist so I can only go off experience but as far as I am aware the mones will bond with the scent molecules so it would make sense that if you're wearing a cologne with good range then the mones would travel further.

Comment

GHOST Yes, that's what I was wondering. You answered my question. Thank you!

"the mones will bond with the scent molecules so it would make sense that if you're wearing a cologne with good range then the mones would travel further."

Comment

Was gonna say the same thing. I ordered a batch of unscented mones and applied it for a trial (see my exotica post in my journal) and I realised I don't really smell much of anything. Then the question popped into my head, "How do people associate that feel good feeling without any sort of reference?" With a scent you can smell, it's easy to just point to that person and says, His Cologne smells good and I like it cause it makes me happy as oppose to I'm feeling good for no apparent reason. Could be due to the wind.
            PXS Oil: Ascend, Cohesion, Evolve, SOB, Flirt, Xist, Api, Taboo, Love Boat, Massage Oil
            PXS Spray: Exotica, Bliss, PSE, Naked Gun
            Samples: Odyssey, Bliss, Love Boat, Vibe, Desire Me
            Others: LIIK V1

Comment

I think it's a mixture of associating the feelings of your typical cover scent, as mentioned above by Elvin, and the fact that some of the pheromones really can be off putting.

SOB can have some relatively impressive effects on the right people... But I can't help but notice the fact that it smells much like you've just been to the gym. Scents are strongly linked to memories, and I'm not kidding in saying that it reminds me of the way I would smell after football practice in the summer. If I don't cover it with something, I just feel unclean and paranoid if anyone around me can smell it the same as I do.

Mix that with the fact that women tend to be more receptive to scent, and I could see a few of the heavier pheromones being a bit much for those with sensitive sniffers unless masked.

Just my two cents.

Comment

elvin.tan77 and SharksFan Thanks for your input! Makes a lot of sense!

Comment

Originally posted by Xcc View Post
                  I think I've seen more than once the statement that pheromones are more effective when a cover scent is used.

Could people please explain their understanding of this? I'm not sure I understand how that would be possible. Is there some kind of olfactory science behind this?
                  You seem like a pretty thorough guy and a reader. I know you are all over this forum reading and absorbing.However, I saw your two threads on diffusion and just wanted to make sure you got a glimpse of this thread, if you have I apologize in advance

Comment

KateD Thanks for the link!

Comment

Ad down

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X