yobit.net eobot.com digifinex
  • Thank you for visiting DiscoverXS your pheromone research community.
    If this is your first visit please register so you can join the community: click the Sign Up link above to proceed.
    To start viewing messages, please login and select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD IN POSts

Collapse

Evolve stale odor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evolve stale odor

I have been using Evolve (scented oil) for about a year now, and just recently noticed a strong "stale" odor coming from the oil after application. Even in the ACE mix (all oils) the odor seems to cut through not only the other oils, but my cover (Armani Code) as well. It also appears to be effecting the results, as the major reactions have dissipated since the odor began.

I've used it in many other combos with the same result. Started happening about 6 weeks ago.

Any ideas on why this is happening?

Thanks, and love the products!

Have you had direct contact with the bottle's nozzle/dispenser using any of your skin? If so, there may be bacterial growth.
    Alpha Dream: Glace, Alfa Maschio
    Pheremone XS: A1 (50 mcg), Bliss, Vibe, Xist, Exotica, Love Boat, Flirt, Ascend, Dominant Ascend, Connections, Cohesion, Celebrity, Evolve Spray, Taboo, APi, Thinker, XS144 Outspoken, Approach Confidence, Limitless, Evolve oil, Taboo oil, SOB, Odyssey, Happy, XS155 Social Lube
    Love Scent: Chikara gel packs
    AD: P83, IS (10mcg/spray), TAC
    LAL: Nude Alpha
    Orange Font = Sample Bottles

Comment

Originally posted by fdesa12 View Post
      Have you had direct contact with the bottle's nozzle/dispenser using any of your skin? If so, there may be bacterial growth.

Yea it could be bacteria. Bacteria can also convert certain molecules into others.

Comment

Zero contact with euro-dropper. I usually hold it a few inches above my wrist for application. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by theLaw View Post
          Zero contact with euro-dropper. I usually hold it a few inches above my wrist for application. Thanks!
          Well, that takes out one possibility.

How do you store your pheromones? While it may be possible that the molecules have degraded and broke down, Steve's mones tend to have a very long shelf if stored at least decently.

Where do you apply Evolve? Has it been on the same exact spot? Does it matter if you apply it else where or is the stale odor still there regardless of where it's been applied?
          Pheremone XS: A1 (50 mcg), Bliss, Vibe, Xist, Exotica, Love Boat, Flirt, Ascend, Dominant Ascend, Connections, Cohesion, Celebrity, Evolve Spray, Taboo, APi, Thinker, XS144 Outspoken, Approach Confidence, Limitless, Evolve oil, Taboo oil, SOB, Odyssey, Happy, XS155 Social Lube

Comment

Just throwing out ideas but since it's over a year old, could it be the oil scent has faded a bit and you're smelling more enone now?
            Ammo:
            PXS: Ascend, Cohesion, Evolve, Bliss, Xist, Loveboat, PSE, XSR193(Boyfriend), SOB
            LAL: Aqua Vitae, Nude, Possess, Voodoo, Bad Wolf, DP
            PT: GOA, Swoon, Captain, AOA
            AD: Glace
            Lovescent: NNPA
            Androtics: A314 Rev 32, TUTH

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy42 View Post
              Just throwing out ideas but since it's over a year old, could it be the oil scent has faded a bit and you're smelling more enone now?
              -enone really doesn't have a stale odor, IME. I doubt that's the case here.

I think poor storage methods is the best theory thrown out so far. Otherwise I've no idea what's going on.

Comment

It's possible I left it in the glove-compartment at some point, but it doesn't usually get very hot in there.

I apply on wrist and then wipe across jawline.

I have all other major PXS products and can't find the same issue/scent with any of them, and they have been stored the same way.

Maybe I'll try getting the spray.

Thanks for all of the responses!

Comment

I would try bringing it up with SteveO to see if he can at least figure it out. It sucks to spend so much for a product that should last relatively very long, only to toss it because it went bad. My first guess would be that somehow contamination entered the bottle and bacterial growth began. If it smells like a moist rag left out to dry improperly, that's generally a stale mildew/mold smell, right? But I'm not sure exactly how the stale scent is like.

As for application point, I was just wondering if it was the oil itself that smelled, or if it only smelled when applied on the skin, and if it made a difference if you applied it on a new spot.

Anyway, hope things work out for you.

Comment

Given the fact that I may have stored it improperly, I'll probably just order the spray and see how it goes.

Thanks for all of the suggestions-much appreciated!

Comment

I've had the same thing happen with my evolve oil and spray It's very pungent odor. My evolve oil was bought from another poster,the spray from discovered. I also had this happen with different androtics products. Mx301,297,and 292 all stored in cool places. I had a bottle of cttm left in a car that developed the same odor. I think certain mones my be more sensitive to heat and bacterial breakdown.

Comment

Originally posted by fdesa12 View Post
                        This is my second time hearing of this. I wish there was a warning. I have used Evolve oil by tipping the opening on my finger, or tapping gently until something resembling a 'drop' came out. Now, it seems the best way is to hold it above app point/finger and wait. I did notice a stem inside the bottle, after examining closely.

Is there any way to fix/clean the opening?
                        Something like a star

Comment

Ad down

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X