yobit.net eobot.com digifinex
  • Thank you for visiting DiscoverXS your pheromone research community.
    If this is your first visit please register so you can join the community: click the Sign Up link above to proceed.
    To start viewing messages, please login and select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD IN POSts

Collapse

Interesting New Molecule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting New Molecule

Thanks to DarthZed I've discovered a new molecule. Pentadecalactone. It appears to be a relatively heavy molecule. From what I've been able to find it is a male pheromone known to be a female attractant. The interesting thing is that it isn't an Androstan like other attractants. It seems to be in a class all it's own. I'm seriously thinking of investing in some in raw form. I've done some calculations and think it is doable. Depending on how much I purchase and if my testing is successful I may be able to produce a few samples.

My only question does XSteveO already know about this molecule and is it already available as a putative or research molecule?

I'm thinking if he does and it is, he'll be messaging you if anything. Lol. Sounds interesting though. I'm going to look it up as well. Who knows maybe it will take your radiance project to 11! I know your project is primarily a soscial, but there might be other implications for this little molecule you don't yet know.

Comment

Originally posted by Marko76 View Post
      I'm thinking if he does and it is, he'll be messaging you if anything. Lol. Sounds interesting though. I'm going to look it up as well. Who knows maybe it will take your radiance project to 11! I know your project is primarily a soscial, but there might be other implications for this little molecule you don't yet know.
      Pretty sure it's already relatively widely used in the perfumery. But who knows at what concentration. Several companies offer it as an aroma chemical. Sigma-Aldrich is the only one I know of that sells it undiluted in raw form. If i buy it that's who I'll get it from. I can get a sample pretty cheap.
      Last edited by Scottie2Hottie; 03-10-2018, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Are there any reports available from anyone that has tested this solo? Is there any specific reason as to why your considering making the investment?

Comment

A bit of a wrinkle in my plan. I found out that it has to be melted to dilute it. I found one company that will do it but they are in the UK. No idea if it will remain stable during transport or if it will need to be remelted after receiving it. Then there is the cost of shipping overseas. I can get it elsewhere in a 50% solution but then I won't know the concentration. I'll be stabbing in the dark testing this stuff. Ugh!

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST View Post
            Are there any reports available from anyone that has tested this solo? Is there any specific reason as to why your considering making the investment?
            I was discussing it with a member who has used it in a mix with interesting results. As far as I know no one has ever tested it solo. It seems to be relatively unknown. That's one reason why I'm interested. I did some digging and found out that it is considered to have phermononal properties. There is one study that investigated it.

Comment

Comment

I haven't read anywhere yet that it has fixative properties. It could very well have been used as a fragrance. From what I have found out this molecule is rather widely used in creating men's fragrances as a musk note. A company called Ferminich has a version of it called Exaltolide that is considered to be the most sophisticated, elegant synthetic musk with a natural characteristic to it. In fact Exaltolide will probably be what I purchase.

Comment

Ferminich is crazy good. Perfumer's Apprentice and Creating Perfume both have it for ridiculously low prices. Look forward to reading what you find. Another aromachemical with pheromonal properties? Like violet? Or something more?
                  You're never too old to learn NuTrix ^_~

Comment

Originally posted by NuTrix View Post
                    Ferminich is crazy good. Perfumer's Apprentice and Creating Perfume both have it for ridiculously low prices. Look forward to reading what you find. Another aromachemical with pheromonal properties? Like violet? Or something more?
                    There's not a lot of info about it. From what I was able to research it is considered a pheromone, a female attractant, secreted by the apocrine glands in the armpits of men. DarthZed turned me on to a research study that investigated it. Although I thought they could have gotten more out of the study it seems pretty sound. One thing that was interesting is that women are much more sensitive to it depending on their cycle, much like Enone. I wouldn't say it's like violet. In perfumery it is used as a musk note. If I get it then it will be Firmenich's Exaltolide, probably from Creating Perfume. I could probably get pure pentadecalactone cheaper from Sigma-Aldrich but it's a solid and requires melting in order to use it. I can it Exaltolide already melted and diluted from Creating Perfume so the convenience is worth the added expense.

Comment

Why not call SteveO up and ask him. I'm sure he'd be willing to converse about it if he's aware of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scottie2Hottie View Post

There's not a lot of info about it. From what I was able to research it is considered a pheromone, a female attractant, secreted by the apocrine glands in the armpits of men.
                        I wouldn't say it's like violet .
                        So it IS a pheromone and not just an aromachemical with pheromone/attractant like qualities? Got it. Thanks
                        ETA CP offers it undiluted. You may want to call and find out what form that looks like, solid or liquid?

Comment

Snooping the net and came across a couple of items that mention environmental toxicity concerns, possible skin irritant and the last one I was at mentioned possible concern for bioaccumulation, without much more info than that - annoying, as I prefer references... http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/ingredient/704726/PENTADECALACTONE/#.WqmdpJvD-MY
                          It's already used in perfume, cosmetics and food (flavoring). I know my aromachemicals come with info on proper dilution to address similar issues, so not certain this is a red flag, just sharing what I've stumbled over because you made me curious

Comment

Snooping the net and came across a couple of items that mention environmental toxicity concerns, possible skin irritant and the last one I was at mentioned possible concern for bioaccumulation, without much more info than that - annoying, as I prefer references... http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/ingredient/704726/PENTADECALACTONE/#.WqmdpJvD-MY
                            It's already used in perfume, cosmetics and food (flavoring). I know my aromachemicals come with info on proper dilution to address similar issues, so not certain this is a red flag, just sharing what I've stumbled over because you made me curious
                            Yes I'm aware of potential skin irritant and I think the environmental concern has to do with production. Recommended dilution is 0.5-5%.

Comment

• NuTrix
                              NuTrix commented
                              Editing a comment
                              That's what I'm seeing too. Figure the dilution makes it fine. Wondering if it may not be mainstream because of fragrance?

• Scottie2Hottie
                              Scottie2Hottie commented
                              Editing a comment
                              well hard to make an unscented phero with this one. Although DarthZed got compliments on the the fragrance.

• NuTrix
                              NuTrix commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I'm also seeing mention of synergistically Exoltolide with Exaltone. Kind of like Hedione & Hedione HC being amazing together.

Lots of stuff from everywhere

This is a fun rabbit trail...

Comment

Lots of stuff from everywhere

This is a fun rabbit trail...
                              lol This is where I started this excursion.

Comment

You may find this interesting.

Comment

The best anti aging product and beauty product reviews on the best anti wrinkle creams, anti aging serums, anti aging lotions, beauty products. Honest reviews and testimonials by our Truth in Aging staff.

Comment

I see you found that too.

Comment

I guess it is similar to ISO E Super. Although they are totally different according to the derive source but used as a similar purpose in perfumery, having similar woody notes. May be ISO E Super's secret ingredient is Omega Pentadecalactone?

Comment

Ad down

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X