yobit.net eobot.com digifinex
  • Thank you for visiting DiscoverXS your pheromone research community.
    If this is your first visit please register so you can join the community: click the Sign Up link above to proceed.
    To start viewing messages, please login and select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD IN POSts

Collapse

Are we using the right concentrations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we using the right concentrations?

One thing that surprises me on other forums is how many people will criticize XSteveO and PXS for using highly concentrated pheromones and say things like more is not better blah blah blah. No one has ever provided evidence backing up these statements.

I was curious. So I did a small calculation.

A 2008 publication in Hormones and Behavior found that androstadienone (A1) can be considered a pheromone that will attract women.

Link to publication:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...18506X08001864

In the study, the authors used roughly 1 ml of 250 micromolars of A1 delivered in an oil carrier. Now if you calculate it out that is equivalent to 67.6 mcg (micrograms) of A1. Now a few things:

1. Most studies are expensive to run and finding the exact concentration of a drug to test (or in this case pheromone) is very arbitrary ESPECIALLY if you are in a field that is very new such as this. Some studies with rats for example will run dose trials to find the proper dosage, but human trials are costly and time consuming so they usually only have 1 shot and will pick a number that is "reasonable". That being said that does not mean this is the best dosage it just means the effects worked at this dose as that was what they published. They may still see effects at higher doses or less as well and unless the authors said they tried different doses we really can't assume anything about a higher or lesser dose other than it "may" work as well.

2. SteveO's products depending on the line contain 70-300+ mcg/spray or drop. His products are not just 1 pheromone, but a combination of several and as many as 9 in some mixes. So it makes sense that his products contain as much pheromones as he says they do. To me, testing A1 at 67 mcg and finding an effect makes me think SteveO is using exactly the right amount of pheromones and it is not "excessive" as some detractors would like us to think.

Also in terms of dosage the study says:

Now these were oil based applications and were re-applied after 2 hours, so essentially doubling the concentration and really 2 hours is not a long time for oil based mones to break down (although their carrier probably wasn't as good as the diffusion tech SteveO has).

That being said there are a lot of problems with this study:

1. The first event showed effects but the 3rd event did not (while the 2nd had a slight effect). The authors attributed this to less females in the 3rd event and other factors. Obviously this is a small sample size and we would need a much larger sample size to really hash out this.

2. This is only testing A1, who knows how this would be had they used one of PXS's products

3. This is in an oil carrier, not something people here would recommend for "speed dating" especially since each interaction was only 3 minutes long

Long story short: I posted this to be a proof of concept that the concentration of pheromones PXS uses is not abnormally high and probably the correct concentration to be used (compared to their inferior competitors who are using much less concentration pheromones). If only we had money to run our own scientific studies with PXS products....that would be the dream. But for now I guess we will settle with user-reported feedback....

(On a side note, this concentration chosen does seem to be arbitrary because it was used in a 2000 study also at the same concentration...In science a lot of times people stick with the same concentrations and dosages for consistency, but that does not mean it is the perfect dose, that is what our testing is for!)
    PXS Product Content Spreadsheet: https://goo.gl/q7KVX1
    PXS
    Sprays: Bliss, SOB, Xist, Taboo, Evolve, Cohesion, Dominant Ascend, Exotica, Ascend (with and without cops), Limitless
    Oils: Xist, Cohesion, Desire Me for Men, Massage Oil for Men
    Samples: SOB, Crush, Bliss, Evolve, Thinker, Odyssey, Vibe, Flirt, Barely Legal, Celebrity
    AD
    AMMO (1.0), IS, IG, IJ, IH, IO, CTTM 2, TUTH (1.0 and 1.1), p74, p83, p93, p100, Spaceland, MX 297, MX 272, MX 291, Lip Magnet

Ad down

Collapse
Working...
X